• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    We got hit hard here on the west side of town but no damage, 45-55mph gust and dime sized hail.
    1682734933511.jpeg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I bet, I don’t have many.
    <>

Some 20 years back, there was a flight school @ the Cameron County Airport, N E of Port Isabel, the old WWII Gulf Blimp Base. The school had a contract with a Chinese airline to provide primary pilot traininng. I think their real objective was to teach “Aviation English”.

One fine day, I ran across a Chinese student in one of their trainers, who had been sent on his first cross country solo, on the ramp at Corpus Christi “CRP”.

He had got himself safely there, but couldn’t figure what to do after startup for departure.

I got him to open the door and used improvised “sign language” to get him taxiing with clearance. I’d bet the tower was having fits with him.

I checked later, & learned that he had made it back to his base.

<>

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    <>

Some 20 years back, there was a flight school @ the Cameron County Airport, N E of Port Isabel, the old WWII Gulf Blimp Base. The school had a contract with a Chinese airline to provide primary pilot traininng. I think their real objective was to teach “Aviation English”.

One fine day, I ran across a Chinese student in one of their trainers, who had been sent on his first cross country solo, on the ramp at Corpus Christi “CRP”.

He had got himself safely there, but couldn’t figure what to do after startup for departure.

I got him to open the door and used improvised “sign language” to get him taxiing with clearance. I’d bet the tower was having fits with him.

I checked later, & learned that he had made it back to his base.

<>
    That’s insane! But you gotta do whatever it takes to make things work. I’ve had to talk to a crop duster on his cell phone cause his radios went out due to a lost his alternator an had to land soon.
    Talking with foreign pilots has its difficulties especially when it’s busy an we sound like auctioneers.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Welp... I've seen a lot of dick at work. And some clam. And some nippies. And NONE of it was good. Quite the opposite. The worst was an overweight mid-60's diabetic woman who looked legit like Jabba The Hut who fell and couldn't get up. I get it, EMS has a job to do, and their job is easier if the patient is naked. That doesn't make *my* job easier though, and its left mental scars that probably won't heal, because once you see something, it can't be unseen.

eye_bleach.gif

I've also now seen a bunch of stabbings, GSW's, beatings, and other unfortunate shit - typical night in Houston's rough neighborhoods. That shit makes me want even more so to sell this place in a few years and move out to the middle of BFE, where shit like that is really rare.

I still love what I do though - the positives outweigh the bad shit.

Top Bottom