• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    My and I will be driving down to San Antonio this weekend to see if we can find a place to stay. I will have temporary work until I can find something more permanent. The problem that we are running into is that when we were younger we screwed up our credit. Also having such a large family is not helping. Any help on finding leads on home would be greatly appreciated.
    Lynx Defense

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Where will you be working? I know all about credit and being young and dumb. You should be able to get your credit score to mid to high 600s in a around 6 months. Find a credit forum and do some reading, download any credit apps that are free, like credit karma, and trans Union. Once you establish a little credit only use under 10% of your available credit. There are some easy steps you can take to improve your credit pretty quickly. Take stuff like nerflicks, and set it up to draw from a card. Set up auto pay balance in full from your bank account and then forget about the card. You are using a small percentage of available credit and establishing payment in time History.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    What is your budget for a rental? How many rooms want/need? Side of town work on, want to live on?
    Our budget now is around $1500, right now we are living in a three bedroom 1200 square foot trailer home so we are not picky. I like the north side of town, the temporary job will be in New Braunfels.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Seguin would be plenty close to work. I live in New Braunfels, and work in San Marcos. Takes me 18 minutes to get to work. San Marcos is nice because you're close to both Austin and San Antonio.

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    I plane on it, we are staying in the Selma this weekend while we look. Seen a place I Seguin that we are going try and look at
    Seguin is nice, I like it. More expensive than San Antonio as far as renting/buying, but nice quiet town. Let me know if you have any questions.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    I know of several rental properties in NB. Let me do some checking. Please PM me with your details. Family size, pets, everything a LL would want to know.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    New Braunfels is a good idea. No traffic, close to work, and right up the road from San Antonio. When we think of shit to do we can skip down to San Antonio or up to Austin in no time.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    Well we had two people that said we could look at there houses. One was in Seguin and it didn't have a yard at all and needed work. The one we looked at in San Antonio was no better, wife and I didn't even look at theside. You know it is a bad neighborhood when you see people walking around with tire irons.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You know it is a bad neighborhood when you see people walking around with tire irons.
    I'm sure it's just neighbors helping neighbors. :rolleyes:

I know nothing about it but my guess is Fredericksburg is relatively expensive. It is nice though.
    Good luck with whatever you decide.

Top Bottom