Patriot Mobile

This article claims Obama's skeet shooting picture is a fake. Interesting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave W.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Its complicated
    No skeet shooter would have the gun level. You want to hit the birds mid field which puts the clay about 15ft up. I don't know anyone who is 15ft tall.

A level shot is theoretically possible from the #7 low house, but no skeet shooter would try that. 7 low is know as the "beer shot" it is the easiest shot i a round, you point the gun up (angle varies by shooter height) and the clay flies into your field of view:

A level shot is also theoretically possible on the #8 low house (most difficult shot of the round), but for a 6ft tall guy to make that shot he would bave about 1/10th of a second to do so. The human eye can' fins the clay that quick. No skeet shooter would put themselves in such a disadvantaged shooting position. The bird is coming towards the shooter from 3 1/2 feet up, traveling 55fps and the shot must be made before the bird goes 18 1/2 feet (distance) and 15ft elevation (at which point the gun would be vertical). A further problem here is Obama is left handed. This is a disadvantage for the #8 low house. As the bird flies toward he shooter, the gun naturally wants to break away from the shooters cheek. thus a lefty can very much not afford to get behind the bird out of the house, meaning the gun would never be level.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    ive done a couple competitions for different charity benefits and both times there was a station that had the clay pitched on the ground and it rolled real fast from side to side, bouncing occassionally on rocks or whatever.. like a rabbit.. sucker was FAST too.!!

is this not typical skeet?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If I had to choose just ONE gun, it would be a shotgun! I started reloading for shotguns in the late 60's and have fired countless rounds. That being said, why has no one said something about Obama and recoil? If the picture shows the moment of ignition, then why isn't he showing the effects of recoil? The pic may have been taken showing Obama with a cheekweld on the shotgun then it was enhanced to show the smoke.

Regardless, it's just one more thing we can't believe about the POTUS.

Flash

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    ive done a couple competitions for different charity benefits and both times there was a station that had the clay pitched on the ground and it rolled real fast from side to side, bouncing occassionally on rocks or whatever.. like a rabbit.. sucker was FAST too.!!

no, that would be sporting clays.

Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    the smake just seems fake to me.. compare

Shootingday8_zpsfcbf75f9.gif

03skeet_image2-articleLarge.jpg

OlympicShotgunTrialsSkeet-0059-052012-WS.jpg

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    who, and I'll ask again, who cares - and if ya care, wuddayagonna do about it - idiots voted him back in for a 2nd term - nothin' anyone can do about it !

r-gray

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plano, TX
    If it was a double-barrel side-by-side, I can see why the side smoke only went to the right, assuming he was shooting the right side. But still, that high shoulder rest? It seems odd to this gun neophyte!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Not skeet at all. Skeet is the name of a particular sport or game. Calling that skeet would be like calling Monopoly Trivial Pursuit.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Skeet is a particular way of shooting clays.

I would say its more like playing horse and calling it basketball. Same basic tools but completely different other than the target.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Skeet is a particular way of shooting clays.

I would say its more like playing horse and calling it basketball. Same basic tools but completely different other than the target.

I was going for a couple of board games (markers, dice, cards, etc.), but yours works, too.

Top Bottom