Not open for further replies.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    OK guys and Ann,

I am going to spin off the "How is this forum run thread" to post something.
    This forum is lightly moderated. Much less so than many of the other forums I am on. I have received plenty of PM, texts and E-Mails from members on this forum asking about bans, thread editing and deleting trash.
    If you guys think we are doing things wrong or you see what you think is a double standard with how someone is treated, speak up. No fear of retribution or bad treatment. I only ask you to be civil about it.
    Fire away.
    Texas SOT

rifletex91

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Houston
    This is the first forum I have ever joined and from what I have experienced in the little time that I've been here I would say it is a very fair forum. One of the threads that I started was locked because of some very controversial videos I put up. It was fine with me, I was slightly inebriated and didn't really know why I posted that crap or why I said what I said. Not to mention I was angry and pissed at the time. Very stupid and childish on my part I know. But overall this forum seems like a very fun forum and filled with a lot of knowledgeable people. TGT is an A+ in my book.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    From my perspective, this is a very lightly modded forum. The rules appear to be enforced equally across the board. Of all the forums that I have participated in, this one is "PG-13" bordering on "R" in terms of what is acceptable and allowed. That doesn't bother me, and I believe that ya'll tend to allow us all to behave as adults, and when we don't, there are consequences.
    From a relative newbie; Good job, and keep it up. Thanks for providing a great place to spend time on line.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    You have to have some moderation or the resulting chaos will drive anybody off quality off the forum. I think you give people pretty wide latitude and are pretty even-handed when it comes to moderation.

These are big reasons why this forum is on my short list of favorites.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    I try to regularly visit other forums, but get bored quickly and can't find anything interesting. I like the difference of opinions even when things get a bit heated. It all boils down to respect. If we were all in the same room talking face to face, there wouldn't be any issues with banning (well, maybe depending on the amount of alcohol in the room). Moderators don't need to change a thing in my opinion.

Now there are definitely a few of us out there that could use a course on how to communicate via the written word. That could help clear up things if necessary.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I'm on this forum every damn day. I don't post much lately, just been too busy to start a thread, but I do enjoy the users and moderators here.

I'm hoping to get more build threads started in the gunsmithing section. I've got so many unique builds going on right now. I've got a couple uber-custom AK SBRs In the works that I'm excited about, just don't want to start a thread until I get close to finished.

Hopefully I'll be back to contributing more than just a jab or two in the near future.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    My only complaint is the title of this thread. "This Forum" Really? How about something a little more descriptive like "Forum Moderation Questions" Or get cute with like "Forum Complaint Department is Now Open".

I know, I am gonna get banned now.

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    My only complaint is the title of this thread. "This Forum" Really? How about something a little more descriptive like "Forum Moderation Questions" Or get cute with like "Forum Complaint Department is Now Open".

I know, I am gonna get banned now.

Better? And no ban, RRunner. Gotta try harder than that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom