San Antonio, TX
    1304132899143.jpg

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    My only complaint is the title of this thread. "This Forum" Really? How about something a little more descriptive like "Forum Moderation Questions" Or get cute with like "Forum Complaint Department is Now Open".

I know, I am gonna get banned now.

You got the name change. Your good you.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    One thing to remember is that the subject matter of this forum is such that a little outside scrutiny is to be expected. It wouldn't be good for the mods to be asleep at the switch while inflammatory or violent posts are left there for a visitor to find and say "See, I told you they were nuts!". We saw an example of that not long ago when a newspaper reporter pulled some quotes from this board to use in her story about current gun legislation being considered this session in Austin. It wasn't really a big deal, she certainly could have found worse things to quote than she did, even in that same thread, but it goes to show that this is an open board and the anti's would love to hang us with our own words. All that said, I think the mods here are reasonable and are making the best of a thankless job. I've been on boards, and many of you have as well I'm sure, where the mods were basically a clique of power-tripping assholes. We don't have that here, for which I'm grateful.

'Kay... that's enough ass-kissing for one day.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have no complaints and I guess my behavior has been within acceptable bounds, too. Things seem to work better if common courtesy is used and my parents had a terrific way of teaching me to be courteous........they beat the crap out of me if I wasn't polite!

Flash

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    This is a fine forum, I only get whizzed off about once a week.

I go on several other forums and one in particular is a "Balls to the Walls" slugfest. If one cannot type real fast and sling the insults, one gets shoved down to the bottom of the thread real fast. It truly is Dog Eat Dog there.

I learned several years ago that one cannot directly go after someone personally. I had my hand slapped and it wasn't fun when I got mad and did the old "Want my address, Succka"? Getting banned is just about the worse thing that can happen to someone in the 21st Century.

So, let's all join hands and sing, all together ----- "Kuuumbayaaaa, Kuuumbayaaaaaaaaaa".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom