• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AgedWarrior

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2021
    Lamb County, TX
    I was aware of all that. When I get back home to my desktop I'll have a bit to say. And by "bit", I mean I hope I can get it composed and posted by mid-afternoon.

A question, first. Would anybody be uncomfortable with me revealing personal details of my life to illustrate a point? I haven't made the decision to do so but I know that if I do, some folks will view me differently...and that's something I really don't want.
    I think that if you feel it is worthwhile to share, then it is worth our while to be attentive and thankful you feel free to share among us. Thank you.
    Texas SOT

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I was aware of all that. When I get back home to my desktop I'll have a bit to say. And by "bit", I mean I hope I can get it composed and posted by mid-afternoon.

A question, first. Would anybody be uncomfortable with me revealing personal details of my life to illustrate a point? I haven't made the decision to do so but I know that if I do, some folks will view me differently...and that's something I really don't want.
    Hey Ben we've been here a long time we've talked laughed and disagreed.
    But you sir I consider a friend.
    Your personal information and business isn't my concern. I like you for you period

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Ben,,,I have found through life that no matter what or who you are now, at some other time in life,,,,,you were probably someone else. Possibly quite different than the person you are now. Now, is determined by your past. Without it, now might be quite different. And that is also true of ME.
    Personally, I have met you in person several times and like and respect you as you are Now.
    What you choose to reveal about your past is up to you. I would dare say that there is something in almost anyone's past that some could find fault for.
    I know that is damn sure true of my past.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    The more I read , the more I am convinced that I made the correct decision not to click on the op link.
    Would seem the fact that they have put their video on “private” on woketube speaks volumes to the intent.
    As a Dad, I only lasted about 20 seconds into the video.
    You are not wrong.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Y'know, as a mod, this thread puts me in an awkward position.

I can understand you not liking the song. It's totally in-your-face with the whole "gay agenda" thing. And, yes, the song actually uses the phrase "gay agenda".

However, absolutely nothing in the song mentions pedophilia or even alludes to it. The theme of the song is found in the line: The song is about influencing society at large, including both children and adults (The song goes on to specifically talk about converting the adults, the parents of the children), to accept homosexuality. It's gay people saying that they want to influence everyone, including children, to "ally" with and accept the homosexual community.

It's not about having sex with kids. Period. Full stop.

So why is this awkward? Well, I'm totally behind your feeling that children should be shielded from non-parentally-approved influences, especially from people you consider to be a bad influence. However, the title of the thread is just flat wrong and inflammatory.

If I were "woke", I'd just delete the thread and ban you for hate speech. Well, I'm not woke. TGT as a whole hasn't been infected with that disease. Even if I think you've made an error in tone, I think you could spark a meaningful conversation. And, needless to say, you're in no danger of a ban.

But that headline using the word "pedophilia"? I'm leaning toward telling you that you need to either justify that or edit your thread title to remove the word. It's probably not a violation of the Code of Conduct but it is stirring shit up when that particular strain of shit didn't even exist to begin with.

However, I'm not married to that position.

I would like to hear some input from easy rider and others regarding this. What is the sense of the community?

Also - Please note in your replies whether or not you've actually listened to the song lyrics.
    Ben, I listened about halfway through. That was enough for this parent (of now young adults).
    * I tend to agree that using "pedophilia" was hyperbole. I didn't hear it in the first half of the song, anway.
    * Yet, our children are exactly that: our children. Sorry, but I do not see intolerance or unfairness in them. They need NOTHING from you.
    * My experience later in the day: another posting on a social media site, featuring the "SF Gay Men's Chorus" singing a song about "We're Coming for your Children". Now, I did not listen to that one. I had seen enough.
    * Oh, and our children are OUR children

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Ben, you’re the only one who has to be comfortable sharing something and whether that changes how somebody feels about you. Me, there’s pretty much nothing in your past that would change my opinion or respect for you, but the law of unintended consequences does come into play when something is posted on the internet and it’s resultant recording for eternal posterity.

When I read the linked article in digger’s “exposed” post, I had to stop myself from posting a response to it precisely because I don’t want what I have to say on that topic to be permanently recorded. I’ll gladly talk on my experiences around that custom face to face, but it most definitely does not need to be recorded on the internet.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    At some point today, I learned the appropriately homo term for heterosexuals is in debate; apparently we are either ‘breeders’ or ‘chest feeders’. Whatever floats their boat, don’t bother me.

Then I had a queer thought on the whole song thing and remembered that flavor of the species perpetually dies off due to the inability to naturally procreate, therefore recruitment is requisite.

Well without us Breeders or Chest feeders their is no one to produce more peters.

With out more peters produced by the breeders their kind would be extinct.

However it seems some born breeders and feeders develop a taste for peters and that perpetuates their species.

IMO smoke all the pole you desire but like with alot of things just don’t try to sell your product to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rusty tweezers

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    c5f9e9d9d93d067a7a93bcdfba37995d.jpg

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    Well without us Breeders or Chest feeders their is no one to produce more peters.

With out more peters produced by the breeders their kind would be extinct.

However it seems some born breeders and feeders develop a taste for peters and that perpetuates their species.

IMO smoke all the pole you desire but like with alot of things just don’t try to sell your product to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LMAO

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    To liberal extremists like these, "tolerance" means "wholeheartedly accepting and participating with no exceptions". Anything less is hate speech and violence towards them.

If they don't respect my values and culture, why should I respect theirs?

When the gay rights movement started, they said all they wanted was tolerance.

Tolerance then became acceptance.

Acceptance became approval.

Approval soon required endorsement.

Then endorsement became celebration.

I was willing to tolerate and even accept. I do not approve. And I will NEVER endorse or celebrate.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm going to step away from this thread.

I've written volumes today and they were simply too personal. The result would look like I'm trying to make the thread about me by using my childhood trauma(s) to draw parallels to the current situation, both on this thread topic and in society at large. That would do a disservice to everyone. I thought it might be cathartic but, frankly, I was completely wrong about that. It's just depressing.

After much consideration and research, I've concluded that what's usually true about me has been demonstrated in this thread again. IOW, what's obvious to people with better social skills has to be explained to me.

Easy Rider was right to start the thread. His impressions were right. My misgivings about the label in the title are adequately addressed simply by adding a question mark. That's all the moderation this thread needed.

Thanks to all of you for your comments on the thread, the general topic, and the wider issues. I know I've profited greatly from your collective wisdom.

Please continue to discuss; I'm going to take a little break.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The more I read , the more I am convinced that I made the correct decision not to click on the op link.
    Would seem the fact that they have put their video on “private” on woketube speaks volumes to the intent.
    I can't disagree with you, but then if you don't see what might be coming, it's a bit hard to prepare for a response.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I have found through life that no matter what or who you are now, at some other time in life,,,,,you were probably someone else. Possibly quite different than the person you are now. Now, is determined by your past. Without it, now might be quite different...

...I would dare say that there is something in almost anyone's past that some could find fault for.
    I know that is damn sure true of my past.

QFT...If anything ever needed "multi-like" button, this here is it.

MasterJP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2021
    WA
    Pedophilia, bestiality, and even cannibalism are what is ahead of us.
    Little boys can consent. Farm animals can consent.
    But because the cows fart (or burb?) too much, we should start eating our dead instead of beef.
    I wonder when it will become a mandatory education for the teachers to show in-person to every little boy what other things his butt can be used for.
    I do not know how we got here.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Pedophilia, bestiality, and even cannibalism are what is ahead of us.
    Little boys can consent. Farm animals can consent.
    But because the cows fart (or burb?) too much, we should start eating our dead instead of beef.
    I wonder when it will become a mandatory education for the teachers to show in-person to every little boy what other things his butt can be used for.
    I do not know how we got here.
    Ha not. With my babies

MasterJP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2021
    WA
    Ha not. With my babies
    I do not have kids, but I would defend your babies behinds!

Every adult is free to do whatever they want with their junk and behind. Cut it if that pleases them.
    However, the same way I do not stick my junk in anyone's face, or in any child's behind, please do not do it in my face, or someone else's child.

Top Bottom