• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I hear you about the pet adoption asshattery.

We wanted to adopt a pound puppy. Just a plain old mutt that needed a home.
    The adoption place wanted to come to my house and do an "inspection" to see if we were even eligible to adopt! I told them I would cough up the $200 "adoption fee" but they could FOAD about the inspection.
    You want to get rid of the dog or not??????
    Hory Clap. We didn't get the poor dog either. They probably euthanized it. Azzholes.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Please elaborate as to why race would matter in the least?

It doesn't matter what race they are. This was beyond horrible, and being about race.
    Not knowing more of the story leads me to think some heavy drug usage may have been involved. A "Mother" that abandon her kids to fend for themselves is about as low on the ladder of human evolution as one can get. Then again I knew a guy who got custody of his son in divorce. Sure the kid was probably better of with his father, but in no means a great decision by the courts!

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX

Authorities located the mother of the children and her boyfriend. Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said Monday morning that they had been interviewed and released.

How will the Sheriff sleep tonight after releasing them?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    One of the reasons I refuse to deal with these shelters/rescue organizations. Their regulatory "standards" have grown unchecked based on the whims of the folks running them. If they later decide you aren't taking "proper" care of the animal by THEIR standards, they have the right to TAKE it back. And the detailed background info, "inspection" of your private property, etc....yeah, no - it ain't gonna happen.

And in our case, it was all for a special needs cat that was literally about to be put-down regardless…we adopted it to save it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We live and work in one world, but there is another that exists just down the street. I've heard stories from EMTs that just made me sick. It's hard to believe that people live like that. If drugs are involved, then there is no bottom to how low people can go. A friend adopted a couple of kids. One of them was I think 18 months old when they got him and he was already scarred for life. Imagine a baby having to go through the garbage to try to find something to eat. Now that kid is a teen and they've had to have him locked up because he's out of control. It's a sick world out there.

My BIL was a career paramedic/firefighter, retired as a BC.

The stories he told of how some people live in absolute squalor were incredible.

That “nice looking house down the street” could be occupied by interior hoarders who shit in 5-gallon Home Depot buckets for all we know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

That’s a head scratcher. If I didn’t find a paper trail of divorce/custody, what in the hell would put those kids In that place without care?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

My guess the Sheriff sees it from a legal point. That legal point could very well be the mother did not have custody of the kids! The apartment complex doesn't look run down. Who ever signed that lease either had a job or financial help in the form of section 8 or some kind of vouchers.

The oldest boy @ 13-14 you would think would have done something about one of them dying. he was smart enough in getting by with food & rent, but WTF with the corpse/

Y'all do realize foster homes are many times a total train wreck run for profit & not kids best interest!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    That “nice looking house down the street” could be occupied by interior hoarders who shit in 5-gallon Home Depot buckets for all we know.
    I've been in hundreds of homes where the occupants didn't want me but had no choice. From experience, I can say that the hoarders you describe are far more common than most people realize. Minimum, I'd say 5% of homes are bad hoarders and probably double that are on the path to hoarding hell.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    One of the reasons I refuse to deal with these shelters/rescue organizations. Their regulatory "standards" have grown unchecked based on the whims of the folks running them. If they later decide you aren't taking "proper" care of the animal by THEIR standards, they have the right to TAKE it back. And the detailed background info, "inspection" of your private property, etc....yeah, no - it ain't gonna happen.

I hear you about the pet adoption asshattery.

We wanted to adopt a pound puppy. Just a plain old mutt that needed a home.
    The adoption place wanted to come to my house and do an "inspection" to see if we were even eligible to adopt! I told them I would cough up the $200 "adoption fee" but they could FOAD about the inspection.
    You want to get rid of the dog or not??????
    Hory Clap. We didn't get the poor dog either. They probably euthanized it. Azzholes.
    Supposedly this crap is to prevent the animals from being used as bait animals for training dogs to fight.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    From the little bit I saw on Reddit, it seems there were several in the complex that complained for a long while about the smell but nothing was done about it.

A teen that is old enough to help the younger ones but doesn't get help until now? They didn't have power for weeks but a neighbor was bringing them food and letting them charge the phones but never called for help themselves? There were supposedly regular safety inspections by building management around the complex but this was never detected? So much doesn't add up based on the info we have now.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    From the little bit I saw on Reddit, it seems there were several in the complex that complained for a long while about the smell but nothing was done about it.

A teen that is old enough to help the younger ones but doesn't get help until now? They didn't have power for weeks but a neighbor was bringing them food and letting them charge the phones but never called for help themselves? So much doesn't add up based on the info we have now.

Abuse. Lots and lots of mental, physical, and emotional abuse. Maybe even molestation. Older kids conditioned that if they seek help, they'll be taken away someplace worse, or be killed. Who knows. I'll bet none of those kids grows up to be "normal" after that shit.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Take notice that it was the Harris County Sheriffs Office that responded to this case.
    One of Houston's many leftest humanitarian secrets is that there are some neighborhoods so bad that the city annexed everything around the neighborhood leaving the area to the county. Some of these areas that are 100% surrounded by Houston don't even have sewer and water service. The county has its hands full outside of the city and Houston ignores the areas. This sort if tragedy happens in vacuums like this.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Take notice that it was the Harris County Sheriffs Office that responded to this case.
    One of Houston's many leftest humanitarian secrets is that there are some neighborhoods so bad that the city annexed everything around the neighborhood leaving the area to the county. Some of these areas that are 100% surrounded by Houston don't even have sewer and water service. The county has its hands full outside of the city and Houston ignores the areas. This sort if tragedy happens in vacuums like this.

Didn't know that. That's pretty despicable of the politicians.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Supposedly this crap is to prevent the animals from being used as bait animals for training dogs to fight.

Even if that's the case.....it's better that they be euthanized? The $200 fee was "justified" as being to preclude them being used at bait. The same is being claimed for the "background investigation". Which is it - or is it just another example of a non-regulated industry creating their own rules because they can?

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    This apartment complex is just off Highway 6 and Westpark, a mile south of West Oaks Mall. It's not a shady part of town at all.

1635193750985.png

Top Bottom