Guns International

This may ding Perrys presidential aspirations: 2 Felony Indictments.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Too bad. Being under indictment, be interesting to know if The Gov has had to turn in his CHL?
    ARJ Defense ad

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Too bad. Being under indictment, be interesting to know if The Gov has had to turn in his CHL?

Yes, he also cannot buy a gun from an FFL and giving him a gun or even a single bullet is a felony. All NFA xfers in progress are also denied.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yes, he also cannot buy a gun from an FFL and giving him a gun or even a single bullet is a felony. All NFA xfers in progress are also denied.

I was aware that 411.187 specifically states "may be suspended..." so it is apparently not automatic? It would be interesting to know if it was done in this case, and who decided.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I was aware that 411.187 specifically states "may be suspended..." so it is apparently not automatic? It would be interesting to know if it was done in this case, and who decided.

It is "Shall suspend"

Sec. 411.187. SUSPENSION OF LICENSE. (a) The department shall suspend a license under this section if the license holder:
    (1) is charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment;

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I don't drink and drive at all. Are you saying I could get a false positive with a B/A content of 0.00?

Absolutely. Diabetics with hypoglycemia can cause a false positive. Also, if not diabetic but trying to lose some weight a ketogenic diet which is a, high-fat, high-protein, low-carb diet can cause high levels of naturally occurring acetone which will cause it to read like you been drinking. Even Asthma Inhalers can cause you problems with that machine. Number of other items can make them think you have been drinking even when you are as sober as a church mouse.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Absolutely. Diabetics with hypoglycemia can cause a false positive. Also, if not diabetic but trying to lose some weight a ketogenic diet which is a, high-fat, high-protein, low-carb diet can cause high levels of naturally occurring acetone which will cause it to read like you been drinking. Even Asthma Inhalers can cause you problems with that machine. Number of other items can make them think you have been drinking even when you are as sober as a church mouse.

WOW... good to know. I guess if I'm ever stopped and questioned I'll have to reveal my Parkinson's and demand a blood test.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Me thinks Perry is going to own this.
    EVERYBODY knows its bullshite.
    Yes sir. My politics ignorant wife after I said they were basically prosecuting him for a veto, said "Isn't that what he's supposed to do?" I yelled across the house "They're Democrats and if you don't agree with them, they try to screw you. Thank's for waking up." Wasn't very nice but had no repercussions - so far.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    article-perry-0819.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Fox is showing live pictures from the CJ center there in Austin with him and his attorneys standing around. We should have a mug shot soon, LOL.

LOL? Yeah trumped up charges from a drunk wasting all of our money is really funny

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Notice even Wendy Davis is smart enough to stay away from this. Nothing indicates BS like the high level democrats either ignoring or denouncing this.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    Not to start a shit-storm but I'm trying to remain open-minded. Have there been any TX republican high-ranking politicians busted fir DUI during Perry's reign as governor? Were any of them asked to resign?

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Not to start a shit-storm but I'm trying to remain open-minded. Have there been any TX republican high-ranking politicians busted fir DUI during Perry's reign as governor? Were any of them asked to resign?

No DA's or heads of Integrity Units to the best of my knowledge.

Top Bottom