• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Better question is whether it works....load up a few shells and see how it does!
    As soon as I get it. I’m pretty sure it hasn’t been fired in the 43 years I’ve been alive. There are pictures of it hanging on the wall from when I was very young, and after that I remember it never moving or talk of it being used.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I would trade ALL of my Auto 5 and Rem 11 12 gauge for 20 gauge now that my 'near 70 year old' shoulder is telling me about RECOIL.

I love my Rem 11 20" barrel with model 870 3 shot mag extension (8 round total) for home defense but..................

It is loaded with 'low recoil' 00Buck Remington. If it is needed to be pressed into action, I guess pain will not be noticed in the heat of battle?
    DSC02902.JPG

SpenceNaz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2021
    Krum
    Clyde Barrow used a cut-down Remington model 11. I've never gotten into NFA stuff, but I've been wanting to get a stamp for an SBS and make a replica. SInce it's recoil operated, it would be interesting to see how loping off some of the barrel will effect how it cycles. You can only cut down a small amount of the stock though because there's a long tube behind the receiver that houses the action spring and sawing through that would not be good.
    I absolutely love the Browning A5 and it's clones.

The modern one is not very good. It's an A5 in name only, doesn't even operate the same way, I'm pretty sure it's a gas gun.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

The death of Bonnie & Clyde is a Texas Ranger Epic. As the info was that the 2-person crime wave would be in N W Louisiana on a certain day, Ranger Frank Hamer & his partner had to go to the local Sheriff to ask for deputization to make it “legal”.

Story was that the local Parish Sheriff and one other Lawman went with the Rangers to set-up an ambush, all heavily armed.

I got to see the death car some 40 years later when it was shown as a carnival attraction. It had hundreds of bullet holes all over.

It is said that when the bodies were examined, each had one .35 Remington round it the head, fired from Hamer’s Winchester semi-auto rifle. All the other rounds fired that day were superfluous.

<>

Guns308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Abilene
    Mine is a 12ga Remington Autoloading Pre Model 11. Manufacrure date of 1906. I believe John Browning sold his design to Browning, Remington, and Savage. I have not seen a Savage but the Browning A5 is the only model with a magazine cut off switch on the left side if the reciever. My gun shoots great and it has a amazing amount of trigger slap that grabs your attention!

Attachments

• 20220514_201024.jpg
      20220514_201024.jpg
      685.2 KB · Views: 36

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Mine is a 12ga Remington Autoloading Pre Model 11. Manufacrure date of 1906. I believe John Browning sold his design to Browning, Remington, and Savage. I have not seen a Savage but the Browning A5 is the only model with a magazine cut off switch on the left side if the reciever. My gun shoots great and it has a amazing amount of trigger slap that grabs your attention!
    I have ALWAYS looked for the Savage model throughout the years.
    The 'curio' in me always looks for first model or alternate caliber/gauge.

I have a few Remington Autoloading Rifles that later became (in 1911) the MODEL 8.

Good to know they are still out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    <>

The death of Bonnie & Clyde is a Texas Ranger Epic. As the info was that the 2-person crime wave would be in N W Louisiana on a certain day, Ranger Frank Hamer & his partner had to go to the local Sheriff to ask for deputization to make it “legal”.

Story was that the local Parish Sheriff and one other Lawman went with the Rangers to set-up an ambush, all heavily armed.

I got to see the death car some 40 years later when it was shown as a carnival attraction. It had hundreds of bullet holes all over.

It is said that when the bodies were examined, each had one .35 Remington round it the head, fired from Hamer’s Winchester semi-auto rifle. All the other rounds fired that day were superfluous.

<>

The Highway Men on Amazon I think is a good reenactment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Sometimes when we go bird hunting, I get to hang out and do "clean up" shots..
    Usually take an old Ithaca 37 12 gauge with its barrel marked as "full".

Still one of my favorite shotguns in the field.

Top Bottom