Military Camp

Those of You That Use 3rd Party Payment, Read This.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If you don't think they know how to track you...

Start finding some of this guy's info...

Id pay 1000 dollars to whoever can find my actual wallet and not the shell wallets I have :-)

And again, if you never know the other party's name and you only h ave a wallet address that's all you have is a wallet address. I mean people have been using it for drugs and slaves for over a decade. Especially with anon coins like monero.

I'll give you an example you might refer to. For instance what happened here --

How did they get them? They held their coins on exchanges, which ARE tracked especially in the united states as the SEC has authority. But individual wallets. hell if you can track individual wallets good luck you can probably figure out who Satoshi is!

Last edited:

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Id pay 1000 dollars to whoever can find my actual wallet and not the shell wallets I have :-)

And again, if you never know the other party's name and you only h ave a wallet address that's all you have is a wallet address. I mean people have been using it for drugs and slaves for over a decade. Especially with anon coins like monero.

I'll give you an example you might refer to. For instance what happened here --

How did they get them? They held their coins on exchanges, which ARE tracked especially in the united states as the SEC has authority. But individual wallets. hell if you can track individual wallets good luck you can probably figure out who Satoshi is!
    None of us peons have that data, but then I'm not a threat to you, either. The people you probably are worried about, or should be - if they can track McAfee, I guarantee you they could trace your stuff down, if and when they want to.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    1634827738718.png
    1634827806604.png

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I stopped using PayPal years ago. Never had anything bad happen to my account, and I had it set up to simplify transactions on Ebay. But I was reading way too many horror stories about PayPal that it made me less confident in using them.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The new requirements apply only to goods and services. Personal transfer of funds do not have to be reported. I do not sell anything on ebay anymore and when someone wants to pay for one of my Craigslist or other marketplace items with PayPal or Venmo, I typically say no unless they specifically mark the payment as Friends/Family or as a gift.

If you have a relative that you are say buying a piece of furniture for and they are sending you the money on Venmo, make sure you tell them to not mark the transaction as "bed purchase" or something like that. You want to avoid anything that goes to identifying the transactions as purchase of goods or services.

For the lawn guy mentioned earlier, a weekly or monthly payment could just be noted as a donation or something similar.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    The new requirements apply only to goods and services. Personal transfer of funds do not have to be reported. I do not sell anything on ebay anymore and when someone wants to pay for one of my Craigslist or other marketplace items with PayPal or Venmo, I typically say no unless they specifically mark the payment as Friends/Family or as a gift.

If you have a relative that you are say buying a piece of furniture for and they are sending you the money on Venmo, make sure you tell them to not mark the transaction as "bed purchase" or something like that. You want to avoid anything that goes to identifying the transactions as purchase of goods or services.

For the lawn guy mentioned earlier, a weekly or monthly payment could just be noted as a donation or something similar.
    Just mark them "Bribe to Democrat politician". They won't even blink....

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

1. It’s not a requirment yet, it’s legislative proposal, so what’s going to be impacted and at what transaction threshold(s) is undecided.

2. What you’re describing as options are exactly the the types of transactions being targeted by this proposal…unreported income. Through enough transactions like that, a case ca be built for wire fraud and/or tax evasion.

3. The lawn mower guy recurring donation scenarios is known as structuring and is subject to anti-money laundering surveillance.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    I only use Paypal for buying; I closed one business account, buy may still have another one. Someone disputed a legitimate charge; Paypal refunded them and imposed a fine, even though I gave Paypal proof that it was legitimate.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    PayPal, Credit Card... I mostly buy online, so if they really care what I buy, I'm f'ed..., but then, most of us are, either this way or by some other. I just hope we all have the rectitude to stand up when they come down.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    3. The lawn mower guy recurring donation scenarios is known as structuring and is subject to anti-money laundering surveillance.
    I doubt anybody spends enough per year on the lawn guy to meet the Law Enforcement Manual minimum threshold for initiating an investigation into the way they make payments. LEM IV and LEM V set fairly high numbers for that sort of thing.

Of course, if the lawn crew requires payment from everyone in that fashion, then the lawn company is subject to investigation. It's not a fruitful way to find fraud, though, which is why so many lawn crews still just collect the $25 their customers leave under the front door mat and do that for everyone.

Personally, I assume my lawn guys report every cent of that money as income. And that they never employ anyone who isn't in the country legally.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I doubt anybody spends enough per year on the lawn guy to meet the Law Enforcement Manual minimum threshold for initiating an investigation into the way they make payments. LEM IV and LEM V set fairly high numbers for that sort of thing.

Of course, if the lawn crew requires payment from everyone in that fashion, then the lawn company is subject to investigation. It's not a fruitful way to find fraud, though, which is why so many lawn crews still just collect the $25 their customers leave under the front door mat and do that for everyone.

Personally, I assume my lawn guys report every cent of that money as income. And that they never employ anyone who isn't in the country legally.

I doubt it as well, and should have prefaced that with an example. Either way, what a bank can refer to fincen based on red flags is pretty low (at least according our policies).

ETA: while a bit dated, here’s an example of a bunch of non-threshold SARs resulted in a structuring charge.

Last edited:

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    I stopped using PayPal years ago. Never had anything bad happen to my account, and I had it set up to simplify transactions on Ebay. But I was reading way too many horror stories about PayPal that it made me less confident in using them.
    I still use them for buying only. I never gave them access to any checking account. If a person insists on F&F then I offer to pay the fees to get the protection offered.

Top Bottom