• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Figured some of you long range TEXAS shooters might enjoy this photo...

Katielaura.jpg

Both made hits on steel at 500 yards, even with their unique shooting positions...
    Target Sports

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I'm ashamed that I even noticed...but I laughed at the box of Monarch next to the big dollar rifle/suppressor.

Well I have to note that you have good observation skills however if you look at the package further you will see it is 45acp brass. I only shoot handloads through both of those rifles in the picture. However I shoot monarch brass in some of my pistols as the cost of 45acp is NOT CHEAP.. And I have not setup my xl650 for .45acp yet.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    lol you guys are killing me..

If that is not a joke... just for your piece of mind I had finished shooting, I grabbed a beer and set it down to take my camera out and snap that photo... No one was drinking and shooting at the same time.

thopkins22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Houston
    However I shoot monarch brass in some of my pistols as the cost of 45acp is NOT CHEAP.. And I have not setup my xl650 for .45acp yet.
    No worries, I shoot Monarch 9mm all the time through my Glocks and M&Ps. Cheap, decent, and reliable pistol ammo.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I stopped shooting monarch rifle ammo through some cheap ar-15s when I opened up a box and it had TWO missing projectiles... lol 2 pieces of brass with primer but now powder no bullet.

That is what I call quality Control .!!

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    The best part was both of them loved it! and both wanted to know when the next time we could shoot again. I always pull out the steel when I bring new shooters with me, something about the ping just really entices people. And something about shooting paper makes them really bored!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The best part was both of them loved it! and both wanted to know when the next time we could shoot again. I always pull out the steel when I bring new shooters with me, something about the ping just really entices people. And something about shooting paper makes them really bored!

Yep, depending on what they look like.......

....sorry, I couldn't help myself

AnArmyofRon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Granbury
    Shooting drunk=bad, I may get flamed for this but as a grown-up I see nothing wrong with a beer while shooting. Relaxed breathing, nerves calmer, and if you train how you fight, how many of you wouldn't shoot an intruder while at home drinking a beer. It's all about respect for the firearm and your surroundings.
    Side bar: I noticed the boots, too. It took me a minute.

Top Bottom