• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    I’ve got 20 round aluminum mags from the 60s-70s that still work like a champ all the way to the modern Magpul stuff. They all work just fine in all my AR’s. Never come across a bad AR mag.

My favorite AR mags are a batch of Para Ordinance 30 round SS mags that are non-existent anymore and the modern Colt 20 round aluminum mags. Botach has the Colt mags on sale for $10 from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    I understand the philosophy of 'you can never have enough magazines' but at some point there's a point of diminishing returns if you run out of storage room or go ahead and admit you're a hoarder of the kind an intervention is called for......?

When do you say I finally have enough to hold me?

Never enough. I lived my childhood in the assault weapons ban era. I want to have enough to last mine and my kid’s lifetime for the next ban.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I’ve got 20 round aluminum mags from the 60s-70s that still work like a champ all the way to the modern Magpul stuff. They all work just fine in all my AR’s. Never come across a bad AR mag.

My favorite AR mags are a batch of Para Ordinance 30 round SS mags that are non-existent anymore and the modern Colt 20 round aluminum mags. Botach has the Colt mags on sale for $10 from time to time.

I wouldnt buy anything from Botach.

Just sayin.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I've heard that alot, but never had any issues ordering from them.
    Of course, it's been a few years since the last time.
    Anyone can improve but their reputation is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Service sucks, email unanswered for years, back order hell, crap never in stock, cards charged weeks or even months before items are shipped.

I almost gave them another shot after black friday, because like you it's been a few years, but I thought better.

I hit my hand with a framing hammer instead. I figure that's the better and least painful choice over ordering from Botach.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    FWIW, I've never had a problem with Botach.

Met their crew at an industry event once and they were an interesting bunch.

I just figure they are like a forever startup PSA, LOL!! PSA had a horrid reputation their first few years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cjstrauss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Anyone can improve but their reputation is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Service sucks, email unanswered for years, back order hell, crap never in stock, cards charged weeks or even months before items are shipped.

I almost gave them another shot after black friday, because like you it's been a few years, but I thought better.

I hit my hand with a framing hammer instead. I figure that's the better and least painful choice over ordering from Botach.

Never had an issue. Got my 10 mags for $100. No issues......

subseashooter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Go ahead, swing away. Lol
    First comes love then comes marriage.....

That's the children's version.

In the grown up version, there are a lot more "comes"....

I understand the philosophy of 'you can never have enough magazines' but at some point there's a point of diminishing returns if you run out of storage room or go ahead and admit you're a hoarder of the kind an intervention is called for......?

When do you say I finally have enough to hold me?
    I've wondered this a lot. There was a time in my life where I'd save up and buy big when the price was right. Then hang on to them until they were scarce again....I'd have plenty on hand then for cop buddies that didn't plan ahead. With Magpul flooding the market with quality magazines, excellent springs and followers, and then setting the market price for polymer mags, I am starting to wonder if they will ever get scarce again. Or if we are still one panic away from the market being wiped out...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

subseashooter

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    You can always give the gift of hoarded guns, ammo & gear.

I may or may not have done this in the past....

The look on a new dad's face when you go to a baby shower with 3 gifts...one for mamma, one for baby, and one for the 'forgotten father'.....when he unwraps a handful of new PMAGs, the look on his face is usually pretty awesome, LOL!

Top Bottom