• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwrincross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Pflugerville,TX
    Several points I want to make from all the discussions...
    ~I am in 100% agreement with Open Carry. I have carried concealed for a number of years now and while I probably would not open carry I would like to have that right.
    ~Training for LEO's: I believe that it would be great to have a training module for Law Enforcement that keep them informed on Texas gun laws. They have training for cultural diverslty and for the mentally ill so why not gun laws.
    ~I agree for SOME felons to get their rights back. I read about a man in Indiana that had a grand theft auto conviction when he was 18. He is now 65 yrs old and wants to own a gun. He applied for an Indiana concealed carry permit, purchased a gun with instant background check, got the concealed carry permit, THEN got a visit from BATF because of his conviction from 40+ years ago. People like him should have the opportunity to get their rights back.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I spent a good deal of my short life in Kansas, which until recently did not allow concealed carry of firearms. It did allow open carry and I have only seen someone openly carry pistols twice. One time was a guy stopping at a sonic for something to eat on his way to hunting. The second time was in a walmart with a guy buying ammo and wearing a 1911.

Either the other people there didn't notice or didn't care, because there was no panic, no criminals started their shooting sprees by targeting those who were carrying, the sky didn't shatter and fall and no one got hurt.

I will say that if I could open carry I wouldn't want to do it in a big city. If I lived out in the country or a small town it would be less of a hassle just to snap a holster on your belt and go out and do errands.

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    I will say that if I could open carry I wouldn't want to do it in a big city. If I lived out in the country or a small town it would be less of a hassle just to snap a holster on your belt and go out and do errands.

Yes, it would be great just to have the choice and not to have to pay the ransom to exercise the right that God gave us.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I think it was covered earlier but just to put my name in the hat. I would prefer open carry so I wouldnt have to worry about printing.

IIRC, printing or even exposing is not an issue so long as it's not intentional and reckless. Accidental print and/or exposure? Legal.

Top Bottom