Venture Surplus ad

kris lee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Northeast Texas
    curious to know others thoughts on this day at the range with this Sig 1911

i guess i dont get/understand the whole rapid fire thing

Not very impressed to be honest. They do not seem to have enough control on the 1911 while firing it. Also, personally I NEVER use the slide stop/release on any of my centerfire pistols, especially 1911's...I was always taught to always rack em'. Then again this taught in a defensive situation, shooting scenario,etc....I just have never gotten out of the habit to this day. Whatever works for you I suppose.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Sigh. At least there was not any safety issues that I saw. So, it's there ammo, they can shoot it as they see fit, or feel is instructive and/or fun. For shooting fast, I like the steel plates. Instant feed back. For me, when shooting static targets, I try to shoot somewhat slow,(about a shot a second) and concentrate on grip, trigger control and sight picture. The other stuff comes after that. But again, I don't criticize unless there is crazy unsafe gun handling, which I didn't see.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I like how fatty blames the pistol for the malfunctions his lack of skills caused.

Rapid fire is a good skill to learn, but the second shooter (fatty) is going about it all wrong. He needs some basic lessons, I'm really sure several rounds hit the floor, and I think one or two went close to/into the ceiling. He's got no clue where his hands go, or how to use his arms. He's doing some half-assed squared-up version of Weaver, and his grip is shit.

kris lee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Northeast Texas
    I like how fatty blames the pistol for the malfunctions his lack of skills caused.

Rapid fire is a good skill to learn, but the second shooter (fatty) is going about it all wrong. He needs some basic lessons, I'm really sure several rounds hit the floor, and I think one or two went close to/into the ceiling. He's got no clue where his hands go, or how to use his arms. He's doing some half-assed squared-up version of Weaver, and his grip is shit.

+1 This!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    "glock misfire" , Thats what I'm gonna say next time my thumb rides the slide release.

As far as rapid fire goes, I try not to shoot faster than I can hit. Don't care too much what others do with their ammo as long as I don't feel like it puts me in any danger.

I get annoyed at the mall ninja types who think accuracy is fine but speed is final....i just enjoy the knowledge that their mindset will always make me a better shot than they are and will eventually have both.

dreyes89

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    Pasadena
    I sometimes rapid fire simply to see how my firearm handles,and check my accuracy in both speed shooting and taking my time shooting... but I don't rapid fire shoot all of my ammo, and shoot in sets of 3 or 5, and take my time with full magazine...as far as video I'm thinking they were doing it to seem cool for YouTube...and why would you shoot someone who is already running away(fatty)

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio

I need to go to the next local shoot and pick up some pointers. I'm sure some would criticize my stance and grip. I'm open to suggestions if it can help me out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I doubt you will get criticism without asking for it. I was curious to see what some might say about my technique but it's more about the fun than being a training session. If you ask you will probably get plenty of tips, if not you probably won't hear a thing.

Well, maybe some joking around but nothin too serious, lol.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I need to go to the next local shoot and pick up some pointers. I'm sure some would criticize my stance and grip. I'm open to suggestions if it can help me out.

I'm not usually that angry until someone makes a video showcasing how bad they are. :p It's just to break out the video camera and act like you're doing awesome when you aren't is kind of... well. You know.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    I like how fatty

Really? Was that necessary to start calling folks names?

"The second shooter" or the "guy who looked out of control" are adequate descriptions and you would not have lowered yourself to their Jr. High antic level.

I'm not sure what the players in the vid were trying to accomplish.
    But, I'm afraid that if I were on that range, I probably would have loaded my gear, left and made sure the range officer knew why I was leaving.

I've been woorking more at shooting, aquiring a new target and continue shooting. But I typically don't when there are multiple shooters at the range. Putting myself in another shooter's position, I wouldn't know if all those shots were on accident or just showing off. Looking down the line, and seeing a video camera, it would be an easy assumption it was the latter.

Range ettiquette varies from range to range and usually depends upon if the RO knows the shooter or not.

A newb at the range probably would be questioned while a regular would be allowed to slide, given the same set of circumstances.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Not very impressed to be honest. They do not seem to have enough control on the 1911 while firing it. Also, personally I NEVER use the slide stop/release on any of my centerfire pistols, especially 1911's...I was always taught to always rack em'. Then again this taught in a defensive situation, shooting scenario,etc....I just have never gotten out of the habit to this day. Whatever works for you I suppose.
    Just another prespective.
    pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Slide release or rack the slide?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Could not see the target for hits on the first guy.

Second guy was anticipating recoil BADLY. The Glock was not experiencing a "misfire". It was an operator induced malfunction. Finger discipline was also poor.

Top Bottom