• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I think I've had mine about 8 years now and still going strong.

I've had the battery in my '03 Expedition for 8 years too. Starting to get a bit concerned about it, cause I don't know how new it was when I bought the vehicle from a dealer. It's still working great tho, but these modern batteries, they are either working great, or just die completely the next time you try to start the engine.

Can't tell what brand it is without pulling all those covers and cables off first.
    Gun Zone Deals

Rangerscott

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Lubbock
    I had good luck with duralast gold. This time I went with an Everstart Maxx. Couldnt beat the warranty and theres a walmart every where.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...you need to buy one from a place that will not hassle you about a return.

I have a Walmart everstart max that's been going strong 5 years so far.
    I had to buy a battery yesterday, so I'll contribute.

About the nexus of after-sale support and Walmart, my sis had an interesting experience. She was driving a Lincoln, battery died, she got one at Walmart. If it failed within the first year, the warranty was for full replacement. She's meticulous about keeping paperwork so when it failed in less than a year, she went in and had no trouble getting a replacement, installed, for free.

That battery and the next FOUR all died within a year. All tested bad and all were replaced, free of charge.

After the fifth free battery was installed, the manager stopped her and said he was voiding her warranty and that they would no longer replace her batteries. He asked her to take her business elsewhere.

The funny thing is that the last battery they installed lasted for several years. :)

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ... but these modern batteries, they are either working great, or just die completely the next time you try to start the engine.
    I hate that. The battery in my car died yesterday and I replaced it. It was working perfectly, then gave me two (just slightly) weak starts, then was stone-cold dead.

My dad used to be in charge of an Air Force shop that, among other things, rebuilt/remanufactured airplane batteries. He knew a thing or two about batteries and passed some of that knowledge on to me. So, I grew up with batteries that died slowly and gracefully. With his help, I even took a few apart and restored them to usable condition.

These "sudden death" batteries bug the crap out of me.

Top Bottom