• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Got the trigger in and installed today. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range but my dry fire impressions are:
    1st I have the double diamond 3.5# connector still in. The trigger pull is very light. No idea how heavy but less than before.
    2nd Decent wall. The take up is extremely light with an obvious wall. Would be very easy to blow through the wall and fire before ready.
    3rd Still has some creep. Due to Glock design I don't think you can ever eliminate the creep, but there seems to be less than before. At least I don't seem to notice it as much.
    4th Trigger reset seems slow to me with dryfire. I'll have to get out to the range to be sure but not nearly as positive of a reset as I expected
    So far I'm impressed. Range time will be needed to really know for sure. Price is steep for what you get. It's the best I've tried so far but don't expect 1911 trigger feel from it.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    It's the best I've tried so far but don't expect 1911 trigger feel from it.

First, Thanks for the info! Appreciate your posting your impressions of a new piece of equipment I know little about. Your posts on this Timney trigger are very informative. Looking forward to your live fire range report.

While I have owned more than a few Glocks, I only have one with a true “aftermarket trigger”. To be honest, it was not at all worth the cost. It was a bit better, but not $100+ better.

Some of my guns have the 4.5 & 3.5 connectors, and most get the $0.25 polish job.

But I acknowledge that Aftermarket triggers can help if the owner wants to try and get it more to their liking, but its still a Glock. It will never be a 1911...and that should be an expectation, not a disappointment.

You cannot put Formula 1 racing tires and suspension on a Toyota Camary and expect it to be a race car!

Last edited:

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    You can put all the fancy parts in that one wants, and the striker still slides inside a plastic channel liner. Even polishing the liner doesn't seem to make it smooth as a polished metal surface would.

And trying to short set the trigger so it's like a 1911 will set the cruciform right near the edge of falling off the trigger housing shelf and releasing the striker.... not a good idea. 1911 feel out of a Glock, never gonna happen safely.

I've spent way too much $$$$ on Glock triggers.... (my JohnnyGlocks trigger with his $75 polished striker in my G34 IDPA pistol is smooth((er)) but not that smooth, I have a Taurus revolver with a smoother trigger than this). I'm over it. A minus (-) connector and a $0.25 polish job would have done just as well (the G34 comes with the minus trigger installed). IMO Just figure it's a gritty, somewhat shorter, double action and save your $$.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Still hoping for some range time today but found an interesting problem. While doing a few dry fires I discovered with my double diamond 3.5# connector in I could dry fire on a snap cap, hold the trigger to the rear, and if I slowly let the trigger travel back forward it would release the firing pin and dry fire again on trigger reset. I cannot seem to replicate this problem on my stock connector. I have sent Timney a message explaining my experience on this. We will see what they say.

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    Finally got to put 30 rounds down range. Would have shot more but damn it's cold. Anyway, the trigger is really nice with live fire and stock connector. 2nd stage/wall is solid with very little creep until the shot breaks. I don't have a trigger scale but I would guess the pull to be 3.5# to 4#. It is the best trigger I've felt so far in a Glock but I don't think it is truly worth the $150. I did shoot it pretty well, especially considering I was freezing and shooting fairly quickly.

huntsalot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    dfw
    and dry fire again on trigger reset. I cannot seem to replicate this problem on my stock connector. I have sent Timney a message explaining my experience on this. We will see what they say.

what about this?

edit to note that you were using the stock connector. definitely awaiting the results of your query on the timney piece

lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    The stock connector did NOT have the problem. Only the Double Diamond. I have a couple other connectors I haven't tried yet.

huntsalot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    dfw
    The stock connector did NOT have the problem. Only the Double Diamond. I have a couple other connectors I haven't tried yet.
    i just had the same problem messing with a trigger/ spring kit and i quickly figured out that the trigger spring slipped to the side of the spring slot on the cruciform. stuck a toothpick down there, slipped the spring over to the notch in the center of the cruciform - problem solved. i doubt there is anything wrong with the DD connector.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Of all the Glock’s I own, the gun with the best (lightest, smoothest, cleanest break) trigger by far is the first Glock I ever bought, a G23 Gen 4 purchased new at Cabelas in 2010. Other than night sights and a KKM barrel (bought after a ‘kaboom’), its stock with all original components.

This gun has, by far, the smoothest trigger on any Glock I own, and meets or beats the trigger on my PPQ.

But this gun also has, by far, the most rounds through it. I know it’s seen well over 12,000 rounds through it. And I was big into dry fire for a few years bo probably another couple thousand additional dry trigger pulls...

Back in the day, folks said “buy a Glock, change the sights, and shoot the snot out of it to get the best trigger”. All I know is for a couple years, this was my only centerfire hand gun during the time in my life when, most months, I went through 500 rounds at the range and took several Gunsite classes.

Hard and expensive to do this these days...

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    So all the earlier talk made me finally break down and buy a Johnny Glock combat trigger for my G43X. I’ve had a love-hate relationship with this gun since I bought it. Shoots okay, easy to carry, and 100% reliable after a few thousand rounds. Cut the slide and mounted a red dot.

But the trigger has always sucked. Polished the heck out of it. Bought a GlockTriggers G43. Bought a new connector. Bought MCARBO springs...it still had a twang that drove me nuts while dry firing! But I shoot the gun fine, and I am completely comfortable with Glocks.

Anyway, just got the trigger. I was not cheap! But dang!!!!! This is truly a new gun! Cannot wait to shoot it. But what a difference!

Johnny Glock will be my new go to...that I’m sure of!

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom