• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    My wife thinks a garage is for parking her car. After space for a work bench, tool boxes, reloading bench, scuba tanks, amateur radio equipment and lawn equipment there isn't room for her car.
    When we had the house built in 2005, one of my criteria was an attached two-car garage. At the time, my wife had a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier. It just barely fit in the garage with the door closed. No way my truck was going to fit in there! Plus the garage has space taken up by the water heater and the heating and A/C unit.

Next year, I plan on building an 8x10 lean-to off the storage building to keep the riding mower under and getting it and the push mower out of the garage. Then I plan on building a 7x9 mud/utility/laundry room in the garage leading into the kitchen from the garage. Right now the washing machine and dryer are located near the kitchen/garage door, and that entire area will become our new pantry.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I like old tools, would you mind posting a picture? TIA
    Yeah I will try to grab a pic tonight after work.

Here is a hint for a cordless battery that wont recharge on your charger. try sticking a a low amp (1-2) 12 v battery charger on it for a few hours .
    I have brought back two batteries doing that.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    Yeah I will try to grab a pic tonight after work.

Here is a hint for a cordless battery that wont recharge on your charger. try sticking a a low amp (1-2) 12 v battery charger on it for a few hours .
    I have brought back two batteries doing that.
    I'll give it a try. The replacements I get on amazon sometimes don't fit properly in the tools as well as the OEM batteries.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    First picture, I built a place to hang all my files and such on.

MCSjTWel.jpg

Second picture, shows how I cut down the top where the belt grinder will be stationed to lower it a little bit.

Before and after.

oSKNr95l.jpg

pGvg2ZVl.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    What no video showing how it functions!! You are slipping there! Nice job, I need to learn to weld and fab up metal projects.
    That small wire feed welder has more than paid for itself since I bought it about 12 or 13 years ago.

A few things I like about mine is the size, it's 110 volt, and it can be a MIG welder, or a flux-core wire welder. One thing I did right after I bought it, was I bought a 12 ga. extension cord, which I wired in place of the original power cord.

That way I can use the welder anywhere in the garage and not have to use an extra extension cord with it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    That small wire feed welder has more than paid for itself since I bought it about 12 or 13 years ago.

A few things I like about mine is the size, it's 110 volt, and it can be a MIG welder, or a flux-core wire welder. One thing I did right after I bought it, was I bought a 12 ga. extension cord, which I wired in place of the original power cord.

That way I can use the welder anywhere in the garage and not have to use an extra extension cord with it.
    I plan on making bars for the bigger windows in my shed, but I'll fabricate them at work. I used to always have welders at home, but then it seemed I would use it more for everyone else's projects.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I plan on making bars for the bigger windows in my shed, but I'll fabricate them at work. I used to always have welders at home, but then it seemed I would use it more for everyone else's projects.
    I bought a small wire feed welder for my uses and purposes. I'm not a professional welder, but have had many jobs where knowing how to use a welder, or cutting equipment was pretty much essential to doing the job.

I have had a couple of people in the past inquire about me doing a welding job for them. I very politely have told them, my welder isn't big enough for the welding they need done.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

tim-taylor-side-eye.gif

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Hey Axxe Mann,

I send ya some gas money? Yinz come up...hep.bilt me a table...............fer over my weldor machine?

Heck...I even stock da FridgidAire....

1640137494106.png

Yinz never drank SHINER .........'gain!

Later, Mark

Attachments

• 400 amp Lincoln.jpg
      400 amp Lincoln.jpg
      275.9 KB · Views: 99
    • Dads Gym Summer.jpg
      Dads Gym Summer.jpg
      291.7 KB · Views: 98

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Hey Axxe Mann,

I send ya some gas money? Yinz come up...hep.bilt me a table...............fer over my weldor machine?

Heck...I even stock da FridgidAire....

View attachment 294893

Yinz never drank SHINER .........'gain!

Later, Mark
    Yur gonna need a really big table and a really big bard for that table to park that welder underneath!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    What does a bard have to do with a welder? Again what does a poet/singer have to do with a welder? I really am curious.
    Have yinz know....

Twere TeQuiLa tuEsDaY.....yesterday...(not wisky wendsday)....

Welder: Noun. A machine capable of generating electrical current in quantities sufficient to make welds.

Weldor: Noun...an individual capable of using a WELDER to make Quality Welds....Given enough teQuilA...capable of out cursing a druNken sAilOr! Incapable of spelling....or giving a crap! Generously supplied with "Busted Give a DamN!"..

You do know what you say to a man with a "two digit IQ"?....TACK IT! RIGHT CHERE!"

You kNow whAt you say to a man with a SINGLE DIGIT IQ? ......"Hi Boss!"....

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Hey Axxe55, as you have come to understand, I am a word Nazi!! LOL!

I learned many years ago to weld on a Lincoln stick welder in an FFA class, hell we even learned small motor (lawnmower) repair in those classes. I never had the best bead, but it never did break. My nickname back then was "OverKill", because I did EVERYTHING in a big way, especially drinking!! A half gallon of scotch in 4 hours, I was still walking, talking and even able to carry on a coherent conversation in quantum mechanics and befuddle my peers.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Have yinz know....

Twere TeQuiLa tuEsDaY.....yesterday...(not wisky wendsday)....

Welder: Noun. A machine capable of generating electrical current in quantities sufficient to make welds.

Weldor: Noun...an individual capable of using a WELDER to make Quality Welds....Given enough teQuilA...capable of out cursing a druNken sAilOr! Incapable of spelling....or giving a crap! Generously supplied with "Busted Give a DamN!"..

You do know what you say to a man with a "two digit IQ"?....TACK IT! RIGHT CHERE!"

You kNow whAt you say to a man with a SINGLE DIGIT IQ? ......"Hi Boss!"....
    Hell, if you ever make it down to Shiner, Texas, about 40 miles from my current residence, we'll find a place to have a few and some 8-ball (pool), you too Axe.

Top Bottom