• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey Axxe55, as you have come to understand, I am a word Nazi!! LOL!

I learned many years ago to weld on a Lincoln stick welder in an FFA class, hell we even learned small motor (lawnmower) repair in those classes. I never had the best bead, but it never did break. My nickname back then was "OverKill", because I did EVERYTHING in a big way, especially drinking!! A half gallon of scotch in 4 hours, I was still walking, talking and even able to carry on a coherent conversation in quantum mechanics and befuddle my peers.
    At first, I was confused at what you were referring to for "bard", until I re-read my post, and noticed I spelled the wrong word.

We had a welder here at the farm, so I was welding and cutting and fixing engines long before I ever took my first ag class.

Something always needs fixing on a farm.
    Guns International

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    At first, I was confused at what you were referring to for "bard", until I re-read my post, and noticed I spelled the wrong word.

We had a welder here at the farm, so I was welding and cutting and fixing engines long before I ever took my first ag class.

Something always needs fixing on a farm.
    Hey Axxe Mann,

When I read it yesterday, I thought you meant "board"....

Sure would take a big BOARD to cover that mess! (as opposed to a big broad....but............that's another story) :roflfunny:

Any how, I got 2Gun all straightened out....he even invited us to SHINER! Pulled Pork & Pepsi/Sweet Tea fer me....Like my coffee .......BLACK & BITTER, too! Makes perfect COFFEE GRAVEY that a way!)

Later, Mark

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Damn, Old Forester 1920 115 Proof is kicking my ass tonight. I never lived on a farm. My Grandfather on my mother's side was a freaking drunk POS. He drank away and pissed off the money for 200 prime acres of farmland and six rental homes he inherited, oh well, no crying over spilled milk. He is long dead, but my mother and his other five children sure could have enjoyed it. Many times I cast curses upon his evil soul, but then I remember his punishment in life, dying, lost to Alzheimers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Damn, Old Forester 1920 115 Proof is kicking my ass tonight. I never lived on a farm. My Grandfather on my mother's side was a freaking drunk POS. He drank away and pissed off the money for 200 prime acres of farmland and six rental homes he inherited, oh well, no crying over spilled milk. He is long dead, but my mother and his other five children sure could have enjoyed it. Many times I cast curses upon his evil soul, but then I remember his punishment in life, dying, lost to Alzheimers.
    First ten years of my life I grew up in Houston, but my brother and I spent our summers here at our grandparents and living the small town life and on the farm.

My father inherited the farm in 1974 when my grandfather passed. We moved down here in 1976.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Hey Axxe Mann,

When I read it yesterday, I thought you meant "board"....

Sure would take a big BOARD to cover that mess! (as opposed to a big broad....but............that's another story) :roflfunny:

Any how, I got 2Gun all straightened out....he even invited us to SHINER! Pulled Pork & Pepsi/Sweet Tea fer me....Like my coffee .......BLACK & BITTER, too! Makes perfect COFFEE GRAVEY that a way!)

Later, Mark
    I drink my coffee straight as well, as cowboys would say the spoon stands up straight, LOL, tea sweet as well. There are some big broads around as well! Today, I had the fortune to see the prettiest, sweetest looking little gal I have seen in a long time, If I were in my 30's again, and she were agreeable to it, she would not have been sitting down comfortably for a long while! I have not met someone so pretty in a long time!

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Well.............

I tell the kids...(youngest son is 35) that, "BOOZO is fer BOZO'S!"

All four boyz iz gaiNfuLLy emPLoyEd....and not in jAiL!

Every day! Every DAY! is a GIFT!

What's done? Iz DONE!

Do my best to ferget the werst paRtz! Try to maKe today? the Best Day!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Well.............

I tell the kids...(youngest son is 35) that, "BOOZO is fer BOZO'S!"

All four boyz iz gaiNfuLLy emPLoyEd....and not in jAiL!

Every day! Every DAY! is a GIFT!

What's done? Iz DONE!

Do my best to ferget the werst paRtz! Try to maKe today? the Best Day!

No children for me, one of my biggest regrets in life has been being a picky SOB, and never having kids. I always wanted children, but never found the right woman. It saddens me, but you never know, as long as the equipment functions, I may find a sweetie yet! Snicker, I may have passed 50 YO, but I still function, just not a teenager level! LOL

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    No children for me, one of my biggest regrets in life has been being a picky SOB, and never having kids. I always wanted children, but never found the right woman. It saddens me, but you never know, as long as the equipment functions, I may find a sweetie yet! Snicker, I may have passed 50 YO, but I still function, just not a teenager level! LOL
    Jes cauz theyz SNOW on the fool ROOFTOP!

Don't mean thair aint no.............

FAHR in da HEARTH! :roflfunny:

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    The fire is at a much lower level than 13 yo, back then it was at a minimum every hour, now, just 4 to 5 times a day.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Bach to the Rigid contractors saw. My employer gave us the Friday before and after Christmas and New Year, so with some of my remaining vacation days, I have taken off the 3 days between the holidays. I have been putting the Rigid through some major work. Just today, I have been re-sawing reclaimed 2 x 4's into 1 1/4" x 1" for a project I am working on. I am embarrassed to say that I even hit 3 nails that I missed removing. The saw has never bogged down in any way. I am still using the factory blade and it is cutting VERY smooth cuts, rabbit joints are smooth. The factory fence works very well, the only change I have made is to use a Fulton Precision Miter Gauge. The factory is usable and for rough work good enough.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    In making use of the Rigid contractors saw, this is my current project. It is nearly 100% recycled/upcycled materials. Everything except the screws, finish nails, and Titebond III glue.

It is a "mobile" sharpening/storage center. I will need to get better casters, as in new, the recycled casters from a metal bed frame are not good enough to move this easily. You will see from the following photos I like coffee, I use plastic coffee containers to store nails, screws, bolts, etc.
    The door insert pictured, I have 5 of them, will be cut down and used to make the visible drawer fronts, what you are seeing now are the drawer boxes, they will not be visible when this is complete.

Storage Sharpening Station 1.jpg
    Storage Sharpening Station 2.jpg
    Storage Sharpening Station 3.jpg
    Recycled Door Panel.jpg

Eventually, the containers will get painted with white paint that adheres to plastic so I can label and easily read what is in each container. I have not decided if I will add any kind of finish to the top, I like the weathered look. Edited to add, I can get 32 of those containers on this unit!

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Drawer fronts cut and installed, next I need to make pulls, the bottom I left with a larger gap to give me room to install a stronger pull since it will house heavier items, probably overkill. I tried to line up the detail from the panels, but since I have a little play in the homemade wood guides it does not align perfectly.

Drawer Fronts Installed.jpg

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Thanks, I am no master craftsman by any means. But, I do enjoy it, besides I have learned patience, something in which I was always short of!
    I do learn, and other projects are achieved with better results, so I show improvement. If I would have had time and room to do glue-ups to make panels I would have, so my design has inherent flaws. But everything functions, drawers were a mystery to me without special hardware, now I figured out a way to make a type of guide/slide. I have been watching a few videos about building "full extension drawer slides", I may try this next.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Thanks, I am no master craftsman by any means. But, I do enjoy it, besides I have learned patience, something in which I was always short of!
    I do learn, and other projects are achieved with better results, so I show improvement. If I would have had time and room to do glue-ups to make panels I would have, so my design has inherent flaws. But everything functions, drawers were a mystery to me without special hardware, now I figured out a way to make a type of guide/slide. I have been watching a few videos about building "full extension drawer slides", I may try this next.
    My father, although mechanics was his passion, was basically a jack of all trades. I believe I picked up some of his traits. I too like to watch diy videos when I get to a point I'm unsure of.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I watch many informational videos, I may not have the tools/equipment, but if I ever acquire those items I will at least have a smattering of know-how. Shutting down for the night, going to drive off for one last morning hunt for this season, and brave the beautiful chill weather!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I watch many informational videos, I may not have the tools/equipment, but if I ever acquire those items I will at least have a smattering of know-how. Shutting down for the night, going to drive off for one last morning hunt for this season, and brave the beautiful chill weather!
    I'm constantly watching DIY videos on YouTube on how to build or make things. I just enjoy watching them and I get some good ideas for things as well.

I'd like to build a small bandsaw next.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I'm constantly watching DIY videos on YouTube on how to build or make things. I just enjoy watching them and I get some good ideas for things as well.

I'd like to build a small bandsaw next.
    Before buying the tiles that I put down in my shed, I watched several videos. Glad I did, I wouldn't have known that I needed to level my floor first. One also sold me on getting vinyl composite tiles.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Today is the last day of vacation. So I did not do much this morning. I replaced the tops on a pair of metal sawhorses, I made them "U" shaped and 48" wide so I can lay a full sheet of material on them, with the "U" shape, I have a place to cut without having to worry about depth of cut and I have support on each side of the cut. Then I decided to finish the top of the sharpening/storage station with some Danish oil, it is humid here. IMO some type of "protection" is better than nothing.

Top Bottom