• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    A video we've probably all seen by now will be taking a comedic turn.

This guy always tries portraying a serious role in his videos, I don't know what he was expecting by appearing on Tosh.0, but I sure as heck can't wait to see it next week.

He's going to be a part of the Web redemption.
    Gun Zone Deals

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    That link didn't take me anywhere. It took me to a page on youtube I've never seen before

Edit- Never mind I see it now. That sucks keep the finger outta that guard man. I will say he at least called it a negligent discharge and not an Accidental discharge, he's talking responsibility for what happened and honestly that by itself is great to see. I think going on Tosh.0 is gonna be a toss up. It'll get more publicity for him and to spread his message but Tosh is probably gonna rip on him relentlessly.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It's Derek "Tex" Grebner, who accidentally shot himself (and captured it on video) a few months back...

Should be interesting.

Cheers! M2

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    If you haven't seen Tosh.0 before, Google Tosh Web redemption. It'll give you a taste of what's to come. I dont see how it could possibly be in his favor, LOL.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah, lol....then called EMS. Also like his excuse of his accidentally turning off the safety, which then lead to his finger slipping into the trigger. If that was the case, I'm amazed he didn't shoot himself with the glock he was allegedly training with earlier in the day, lol.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Tosh was good one tonight too! Love watching that show. Although his "gross" videos the other day, were pretty hardcore but I like it! Minus the person pulling off their toe nail...finger nails and toe nails ripping off aren't my thing. I can see the 3 guys 1 hammer and all of that BS and sleep fine at night, but when it comes to nails ripping off, I'm out! lol

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah, lol....then called EMS. Also like his excuse of his accidentally turning off the safety, which then lead to his finger slipping into the trigger. If that was the case, I'm amazed he didn't shoot himself with the glock he was allegedly training with earlier in the day, lol.

Claimed he was using two different holsters with different retention release methods, the Glock holster had a thumb release.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    I know....but claimed because the second didn't have a thumb release, his finger slipped into the trigger guard, lol

SERPAs have a button you push with your index finger around where the trigger of the pistol would be if it was out of the holster. He was most definitely still pressing in after the retention system was broken and when his finger cleared the holster it curled into the trigger guard and pressed the trigger.

A lot of high end instructors either strongly suggest against or outright ban SERPAs from their classes because of this. Tex probably isn't the first person who had an ND while drawing from this type of holster. Probably won't be the last either.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I know....but claimed because the second didn't have a thumb release, his finger slipped into the trigger guard, lol

Correct, but he forgot & went to work the thumb release therby accidentally taking the 1911 off safe....when the gun did not come loose, he pushed the buttom & allowed his finger to continue into the trigger guard & shoot his leg. Had he not first accidentally taken it off safety this would not have happened...."according to him".

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    SERPAs have a button you push with your index finger around where the trigger of the pistol would be if it was out of the holster. He was most definitely still pressing in after the retention system was broken and when his finger cleared the holster it curled into the trigger guard and pressed the trigger.

A lot of high end instructors either strongly suggest against or outright ban SERPAs from their classes because of this. Tex probably isn't the first person who had an ND while drawing from this type of holster. Probably won't be the last either.

He went from a thumb drive holster (5.11) to a Serpa. Nothing was stuck other than he did not hit the release button, he just shot himself, he can blame the holster all he wants even though he does not really. you can clearly see his finger go right to the trigger as he starts to clear the holster.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    You would think he knew one of the first rules of firearm safety....KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOKER OUT OF TRIGGER ASSEMBLY UNTIL READY TO FIRE WEAPON, as well as know your equipment prior to use.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx

Yeah, I'm aware of the serpa design as I have one that I've worn off duty to in service training before. Regardless, my point for my comment is just because of his online vids preaching his knowledge, tactics, safety, etc....reminded me of this guy:

In my comparisson, I'm referring to their "knowledge." Seeing numerous vids from the TexGrebner(or whatever the spelling it), his tactics he's trying to "teach" have shown plenty of flaws before. If you're going to post up such things, you have to be open to criticism. I too have a serpa, a raptor level III, and a "range holster." I have transitioned between them at the range during one visit. I also keep my "drills" slower to focus on my technique and fluid movement rather than trying to impress someone in the next bay. Now, I've never shot myself, although I have sat on a pretty damn sharp knife before, lmao. Thanks for that christmas present Dad!(TexasRedneck), lol.

I don't see how I could ever blame the holster switch for me shooting myself. I think I would(and have) felt the difference in such a design(especially with such a huge difference it is). If he's really pressing that hard to release the serpa, he needs more practice. It doesn't take that much pressure to release the serpa where it would cause the same finger to slam into the housing.

Either way, I can't wait to see it next week.

Top Bottom