• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I'm really not interested in staring up at the sun. I would rather just stand around and enjoy the ambience of the surrounding darkness. Maybe see a few stars or watch the chickens head for the roost. (If I had chickens.) My dad said he experienced a total eclipse of the sun when he was still living on the farm. That had to be in the 1920's or 30s. He claims the cows started heading back from the field. I wonder if the chickens headed for their coop.

Possibly what he witnessed was just an annular eclipse, since I am unable to find a record of a total eclipse in that area during that time frame.

Last edited:

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I'm really not interested in staring up at the sun. I would rather just stand around and enjoy the ambience of the surrounding darkness. Maybe see a few stars or watch the chickens head for the roost. (If I had chickens.) My dad said he experienced a total eclipse of the sun when he was still living on the farm. That had to be in the 1920's or 30s. He claims the cows started heading back from the field. I wonder if the chickens headed for their coop.

Possibly what he witnessed was just an annular eclipse, since I am unable to find a record of a total eclipse in that area during that time frame.

At totality, you won't see the sun...but you'll see its atmosphere clearly, which should be an incredible sight. But only look when it's completely covered by the moon.

Mills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2020
    Texas
    This will be our second total eclipse.
    The 1st one was in 1979 in Montana.
    It was amazing as we lived the absolute perfect location.
    Now we live ( once again ) smack dab in the best location .
    Pray for good weather.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I can’t be the only one here that would rather see a younger pretty woman bend over?

I really concurred about my zodiac sign is a moon child, y’all recon I should be heavily medicated for this? I don’t want my actions landing me in jail.

I have to wonder if this will effect those moon barking religions, that they will embark on acts of terror world wide?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Talked to someone with the Bexar Co Emergency Preparedness office today. Now I'm mildly considering closing my office for the day on April 8. The Bexar Co people think traffic and the town will be crazy.

For those of you in the path, are any of your workplaces closing or changing hours?

We’re not. I look at last October as a decent indicator of what April 8th will likely look like. Apr 8th is a Monday vs a Saturday, but the sky didn’t fall despite similar predictions.

The period of total darkness will be single digit minutes, so the rationale is all these millions of people flocking to Kerrville and Fredericksburg will be hitting the roads simultaneously arriving at the beginning and leaving end of the period of darkness.

I have my doubts. If your schedule is light enough that day, will you make enough money to keep the lights on is really the only decision to make.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Makes you & Dawico by liking your post seem of the homosexual nature. And while I don't have a problem with two gay bois, I'd much rather be pathetic.

Idk, kind of seems like you’re over compensating for some kind of deep seated homesexual tendencies.

Either that or it’s just pathetic. Reminds me of the guys who spend thousands on OnlyFans skanks and call people gay for not being simps like them.

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Eclipse glasses should have special filters that block out harmful ultraviolet and infrared radiation from the sun, which can cause damage to the structures of the eye. Such filters may not be present in fakes.

"Filters that provide safe, comfortable views of the Sun generally transmit between 1 part in 100,000 (0.001 percent) and 1 part in 2,000,000 (0.00005 percent) of its visible light," said Rick Fienberg, the project manager of the AAS Solar Eclipse Task Force in the American Astronomical Society's statement. "Solar filters are at least 1,000 times darker than even the darkest regular sunglasses."

Y'all be safe.

kpg4923

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2024
    Central Texas
    I am wondering if the crowds will really be as bad as the media is saying.
    Me too. I think it is all being vastly overblown when it comes to crowds. I live in Bell Co and there are still available hotel rooms all over Temple and Killeen. Granted they are trying to get $500 for a $100 room, but still. If the crowds were going to be as bad as they say those rooms would all be gone by now. The city of Belton tried to open up one of its parks for primitive camping and had zero interest.

Reminds me of Y2K.

I will be driving back from Houston Sunday night so I hope I am right.

Top Bottom