eyes-burning.gif

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    I have a few extra disposable glasses if anyone around Austin needs some. The price was the same for 10 or 5 so I bought 10.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I made a filter for my Nikkon. Bought some solar film off amazon. I then cut it to fit over the lense. Covered it with a $5 uv filter to hold it in place. Have just over $20 in it and enough film left over for several more.
    Made a similar filter for my telescope. But that was a couple years ago an don’t trust that it hasnt gotten any small scratches since then and would hate to find out at high magnification.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Talked to someone with the Bexar Co Emergency Preparedness office today. Now I'm mildly considering closing my office for the day on April 8. The Bexar Co people think traffic and the town will be crazy.

For those of you in the path, are any of your workplaces closing or changing hours?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Talked to someone with the Bexar Co Emergency Preparedness office today. Now I'm mildly considering closing my office for the day on April 8. The Bexar Co people think traffic and the town will be crazy.

For those of you in the path, are any of your workplaces closing or changing hours?
    A guy I work with said that the schools in his area closed for the day since they are predicting around 70,000 people in a town of about 6000

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    All government offices and schools and banks will be closed in the big town. Several restaurants will not take cash. I’ll be in my backyard like the photo below. Grandkids go to school in SA at Northside ISD, eclipse day will be devoted to “science” and school is open.

ETA: expecting 100,000 pagans to come to Gillispie County
    IMG_1217.jpeg

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Business hours where I work haven’t changed. I did take vacation and recommends to my guys that will be working to just get off the road and park when the eclipse starts. Too many idiots will be looking at the sun and blinding themselves instead of watching the road.

Top Bottom