• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    **** that im have my day before the judge. I should have never been pulled over because i wasnt speeding before the speed limit sign on the bridge.
    Not that I don't feel your pain but unless the cop doesn't show you know how it will turn out.
    Texas SOT

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    **** that im have my day before the judge. I should have never been pulled over because i wasnt speeding before the speed limit sign on the bridge.
    Hell yeah! I ran a stop sign on a bicycle in about 1982. Cops pulled me over, frisked me, etc. and gave me a ticket. I was livid because I wasn't in a motor vehicle and I didn't want my insurance to go up. Admittedly, it was at about 2:00 AM (might have been doing something with the girlfriend that night, not gonna say.) The po-po no-showed at the court date. Ticket dismissed.

I think it's all about that Mazda 3 you just got. Needing to stretch it's legs?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I have never had to post a bond for a court date for a traffic offense. I always get a court date. It gives you extra time if you decide to pay it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Yep got pulled over... bullshit ass Chief of Police in Coffee City.

I was coming up 155 from Frankston, was through there this past weekend so i know there is a speed trap there... it goes from 70-55 before you cross Lake Palestine. I was coming over the hill around the bend & hes sitting a few hundred feet before the bridge & the 55mph sign is at the bridge.

I was slowing down as i come around the bend towards the bridge ... hes sitting in the median as i come up to him ... a couple hundred feet he flash his rear lights as i come up to him at about 57mph, when i was at the bridge i was doing 50, then he jumps behind me & i set my cruise control @ 55mph.

Once we cross the bridge he lights me up & i pull over. I asked why he pulled me over, he said 60 in a 55. I was like how was i speeding when slowing down wayyyy before the bridge because i was through here this past weekend & know this area is a speed trap.
    He was like.... "i dont know what speed trap your talking about". I call bullshit on that lying POS. Its 70 before & after the bridge & the bridge is 55mph.

Im going to court to fight it. My daughter was in the truck with me and when he flashed his rear lights when we were coming up on him she looked at my speedometer & seen was going 57-58 as we passed him before the bridge.
    There was no possible way i was speeding before i crossed the start of the bridge where the sign was marked 55mph.
    I am not a lawyer... but ask/subpoena calibration records for the speedometer, and radar. There should be dash cam video at the very least. Get it and see if it shows you driving over the speed limit or just him speeding...

Find out if he checked the radar before or after your stop.

Your goal is not to prove your innocence, but create doubt of your guilt, and I would personally opt for a jury trial...

I would ask some things like this:

When was the last time your speedometer was calibrated? Did you verify your speedometers accuracy the day of the stop? How? When? What was your tire pressure? Isn't it true that a smaller tire from being under inflated would make your indicated speed higher?

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I am not a lawyer... but ask/subpoena calibration records for the speedometer, and radar. There should be dash cam video at the very least. Get it and see if it shows you driving over the speed limit or just him speeding...

Find out if he checked the radar before or after your stop.

Your goal is not to prove your innocence, but create doubt of your guilt, and I would personally opt for a jury trial...

I would ask some things like this:

When was the last time your speedometer was calibrated? Did you verify your speedometers accuracy the day of the stop? How? When? What was your tire pressure? Isn't it true that a smaller tire from being under inflated would make your indicated speed higher?

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir, he was sitting parked as the speed limit changes from 70-55 mph:cool:

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Have your day in court. It sounds to me like you have a perfectly defensable case. Be respectable toward the judge and state your case with common sense that can't be denied.
    I've done it twice. First time I got the case completely overturned. Second time I just had to go 90 days without another violation and it never entered the record books.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Will probably be in JP Court....roll of the dice.....

Even if you told him you were only doing 58 mph in a 55 zone......you just admitted to speeding......and will be brought up in court if he shows........lol...ask me how I know...

If you give attitude to the cop, some of them mark their tickets in obscure ways to remind them of who was being a dick (in their mind) so they will come to court for those folks..........

...and yes ...at the sign itself...

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Will probably be in JP Court....roll of the dice.....

Even if you told him you were only doing 58 mph in a 55 zone......you just admitted to speeding......and will be brought up in court if he shows........lol...ask me how I know...

If you give attitude to the cop, some of them mark their tickets in obscure ways to remind them of who was being a dick (in their mind) so they will come to court for those folks..........

...and yes ...at the sign itself...

I was never speeding is the point. The speed limit sign is in front of the bridge... the cop was sitting stationary 150 or so yards before the sign, when i passed him i was doing 57-58 & had been on the brakes coming down the hill the whole time, when i hit the bridge where the sign is i was doing 50.

If i was speeding i would fess up to it, pay my ticket & be on my way. That police chief is a dirt bag that gives good cops bad names. Ive met lots of cool cops over the years, even have some #'s saved for some that are friends. Hes one of the worst ive met.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    I hired a lawyer and fought a red light ticket here in Houston 3 years ago. That's not an easy ticket to beat. With the right lawyer anything is possible. On a side note, my lawyer fee was much higher than the fine itself.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Coming from an area that used to prey on out of towners, I understand the frustration. Along with the other suggestions, ask for the calibration records of the radar unit and the training records of the person using the unit. Good luck.

Top Bottom