• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Haven't seen a thread on this. Sorry if I missed it.

So, they have voted to train and arm "moderate Syrian rebels". Am I the only one pulling my hair out over this stupidity?

Didn't we JUST go through this by supporting Syrian rebels who are now storming around beheading anyone, regardless of religion, who won't fight for them?

Didn't we just see our equipment and weapons fall in to the hands if the enemy as so call soldiers abandoned their posts.

This just seems like the dumbest course we could take. Hell, has it ever worked out in our favor to train rebels to fight our fights for us?
    ARJ Defense ad

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Look what happens when obama is pushed into dealing with something he would rather ignore until it's the next guy's problem.

I don't think we'll ever handle it right until we get hit hard enough for us to throw the ROE out the window.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    But it's not just Obama, congress actually voted to fund this insanity.

And it's not just a stupid idea. It's a stupid idea that is a repeat of the stupid idea that created the problem that they are now using a stupid idea to solve.

It's almost like they want to completely screw up any chance of ever fixing the problem.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I though I was gonna see Johnny Reb.
    durn!

Like this?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411137250.220348.jpg

Interestingly I found an article about Scots fighting in Iraq doing a bayonet charge when ammo got low and killing about 20 Iraqi militiamen. Lost the dang link but I'm sure y'all can google it.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No, you are not. But what really ticks me off is the Turks and Saudis seemingly not wanting to get involved.
    And who do you think funds and arms those guys?...Us of course. I mean for fucks sake 15 of the 19 9/11 "highjackers" came from Saudi Arabia, yet we go bomb Afghanistan and Iraq. See a pattern here? Our government DOES NOT want to take these guys out. They (especially the millitary industrial complex) absolutely love this enemy because they are never ending. Everytime we go over there and bomb the middle east, usually incurring alot of civilian casualties, we simply convert more and more people to radical Islam.

Specifically the case with Syria....our own Joint Chiefs testified to congress that 95%+ of the people fighting against Assad are ISIS/ISIL/IS/AQ. Now either we have to most ignorant people in history running our country (and granted some of them definitely are useful idiots) or they know EXACTLY what they are doing with regards to arming these guys.

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I seem to remember a history story of us training rebels in Afghanistan to combat Russia. Pretty sure that turned around to bite us in the ass.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

TomfromTX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    Wichita Falls, Texas
    Well now let's see.. Seems I remember we trained and used as an asset a guy named Osama Bin Laden and his men. We all know what that got us.
    Historically, every raghead we've trained and or armed has come back to use their weapons and training against us.

As far as I'm concerned, we need to pull all out troops back home and let the entire mid east fight it our among themselves.

And while were at it, tell them all what we are willing to pay for a barrel of oil, and if they don't like the price, they see how well the oil feeds their families when the money stops coming in!

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    So, they have voted to train and arm "moderate Syrian rebels".
    Oh, you mean the same "moderate Syrian rebels" that captured Steven Sotloff and then sold him to ISIS? That worked out well...

As far as I'm concerned, we need to pull all out troops back home and let the entire mid east fight it out among themselves.
    Agree... Might actually force the Arab nations to work together to solve their differences instead of relying on us to do it for them (and then of course making us the boogeyman afterwards).

And while were at it, tell them all what we are willing to pay for a barrel of oil, and if they don't like the price, they see how well the oil feeds their families when the money stops coming in!
    It's not really about the price of oil, or the oil itself. It's about keeping FRNs as the world's international currency.

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    And who do you think funds and arms those guys?...Us of course. I mean for $#@!s sake 15 of the 19 9/11 "highjackers" came from Saudi Arabia, yet we go bomb Afghanistan and Iraq. See a pattern here? Our government DOES NOT want to take these guys out. They (especially the millitary industrial complex) absolutely love this enemy because they are never ending. Everytime we go over there and bomb the middle east, usually incurring alot of civilian casualties, we simply convert more and more people to radical Islam.

Specifically the case with Syria....our own Joint Chiefs testified to congress that 95%+ of the people fighting against Assad are ISIS/ISIL/IS/AQ. Now either we have to most ignorant people in history running our country (and granted some of them definitely are useful idiots) or they know EXACTLY what they are doing with regards to arming these guys.

Thank you rushthezeppelin. I thought no one else noticed. I got blank stares when I pointed that out at the time. Also, people smarter than me, and waaaay smarter than W and Obama combined, observed that Saddam was one of the few leaders keeping the extremists under control. This was all predicted in 2002-2003. Unfortunately the people in DC are only concerned about...the people in DC. The citizens be damned, after they pay their tax bills!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Like this?
    View attachment 30260

Interestingly I found an article about Scots fighting in Iraq doing a bayonet charge when ammo got low and killing about 20 Iraqi militiamen. Lost the dang link but I'm sure y'all can google it.

There are quite a few stories that in more sane times would be widely circulated and celebrated for heroism. There was another guy Gurkhan perhaps that ran out of ammo and beat the last guy to death with a machinegun.

Anyways back to subject at hand, no one has the balls to call them on it but you better believe the Sauds, Turks, and Qataris are heavily involved in this cluster, just not necessarily on our side.

The fact we even have diplomatic relations with the Sauds is stunning. They are pretty much as evil and twisted as ISIS.

Really if we "have to" choose sides in this clusterfuck lets go with Iran. Once you get past the whole wanting to nuke Israel thing they are the best country in this mess.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well now let's see.. Seems I remember we trained and used as an asset a guy named Osama Bin Laden and his men. We all know what that got us.
    Historically, every raghead we've trained and or armed has come back to use their weapons and training against us.

Yeah, except this time the people we arm probably wont even be fighting the guys they are suppose to be fighting (ISIS). Or they actually are in alliance in some way with ISIS. Or, they are ISIS groups. Or, they get their asses kicked by ISIS and have their weapons taken, and subsequently get their heads chopped off. Or they just continue to fight Assad either with ISIS or just leave them to do their thing, going around choppin' heads off.

The fact we even have diplomatic relations with the Sauds is stunning. They are pretty much as evil and twisted as ISIS.

You're right. They have a human rights violations record that probably far exceeds the secular dictators that have been removed.

Can you believe that Kerry is saying that Assad is working with ISIS now?

Kerry: There Is Evidence That Assad Has Played "Footsie" With ISIL | Video | RealClearPolitics

They're really just setting the stage for an attack on Syria, once they convince the idiot American masses that Assad is working with ISIS and one of our fighter jets conveniently is shot down by Assad's forces.

This is too easy. Really 1984 stuff here.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Can you believe that Kerry is saying that Assad is working with ISIS now?

Kerry: There Is Evidence That Assad Has Played "Footsie" With ISIL | Video | RealClearPolitics

They're really just setting the stage for an attack on Syria, once they convince the idiot American masses that Assad is working with ISIS and one of our fighter jets conveniently is shot down by Assad's forces.

This is too easy. Really 1984 stuff here.

You have got to be shitting me....sad part is much of the masses will take this huge load from Sec. Lurch hook, line and sinker. 1984 shit indeed.

Top Bottom