Venture Surplus ad

Travis County Commissioners Court to Vote on Tuesday on Future of Saxet Gun Shows

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vahtryn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2013
    Alright, I read the thread. So there's no show here from what I can tell anymore. Fucking hilarious I move from the east coast and into Texas where gun rights are supposed to be sacred and this crap happens.

With all of this I was unable to find out anything other than "cedar park" and looking at SATEX's web site it doesn't state that there will be any shows there.

With that in mind and me being new to the state. Where's the closest?
    Texas SOT

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Sounds like you moved to Austin. Texas is a half hour or so any direction from there.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Alright, I read the thread. So there's no show here from what I can tell anymore. $#@!ing hilarious I move from the east coast and into Texas where gun rights are supposed to be sacred and this crap happens.

With all of this I was unable to find out anything other than "cedar park" and looking at SATEX's web site it doesn't state that there will be any shows there.

With that in mind and me being new to the state. Where's the closest?

A different show (Premier) comes through the Cedar Park Event Center. The next one is in late April. It's relatively new to the area but thus far it's been a better show than Saxet.

Pocketfisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    On KXAN news this morning, they are saying Travis Cty Commisioner's court just added an agenda item to today's meeting to negotiate/vote on the Saxet contract again. To date, there has been no actual vote to terminate the contract.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    On KXAN news this morning, they are saying Travis Cty Commisioner's court just added an agenda item to today's meeting to negotiate/vote on the Saxet contract again. To date, there has been no actual vote to terminate the contract.

KLBJ-AM has been teasing this all morning, suggesting that a "compromise" is being discussed. But I've not heard any specifics as to what that means.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Update as of 12:20pm Feb 4, 2014: Travis County commissioners approve Saxet Gun Show contract... | www.statesman.com

"Travis County commissioners voted unanimously to allow the Saxet Gun Show to continue at the county-run Exposition Center, only if all gun sales undergo a background check."

That'll be interesting. Considering that it's not illegal for people to conduct person-to-person sales, I don't know how they'll enforce this. At worst, sales happen in the parking lot now.

I suppose they could make this a requirement for their VENDORS as part of the vendor's contract with Saxet (.e.g. the "private collection" vendors), but there's no real way to enforce this on individuals.

I'll wait to see what the contract ACTUALLY says before I comment more.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    They're desperately trying to set a precedent. I will bet the Feds are behind this. They are trying to freeze out private sales.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Basically, a no win for SAXET. If they do not sign the contract, they are done in Austin. If they sign, they cannot enforce the rule and if the county watchdogs find a private sale with no check, they will have an excuse to void the contract. SAXET will not sign and have to find a venue outside Travis County to support a gun show/

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Basically, a no win for SAXET. If they do not sign the contract, they are done in Austin. If they sign, they cannot enforce the rule and if the county watchdogs find a private sale with no check, they will have an excuse to void the contract. SAXET will not sign and have to find a venue outside Travis County to support a gun show/

IMO, eff Travis county. SAXET is welcome to explore Williamson county venues and other adjoining counties.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

This depends on what the contract says. If it only relates to vendors SAXET leases space to, that's likely manageable for them (whether I agree with it or not, it's manageable). If the contract requires they govern the actions of individuals not subleasing space from them (those just "attending",) that's a whole different story.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This depends on what the contract says. If it only relates to vendors SAXET leases space to, that's likely manageable for them (whether I agree with it or not, it's manageable). If the contract requires they govern the actions of individuals not subleasing space from them (those just "attending",) that's a whole different story.

I haven't seen anything mentioned specifically about table renting private sellers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom