Guns International

Travis County Commissioners Court to Vote on Tuesday on Future of Saxet Gun Shows

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    This is probably what they were talking about. I have no problem with making background checks available to private sales......as long as it is voluntary.

Except that once you ALLOW it, it becomes EXPECTED. That's my problem with it. I guess, though, there's no reason someone couldnt' buy a table to do background checks. Is there a legal mechanism for that, though? Can an FFL do a NICS check if they're not doing the 4473, or do they have to buy the gun from one and sell to the other?
    Gun Zone Deals

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    No problem. Just didn't want someone looking at the wrong site for the info you heard, especially on a liberal thumping Austin "news" site. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

yep just wait to all the non-believers. this could happen in San Anton in a heartbeat, with "castro" the "mayor". It could happen in many other cities. Dallas and even Houston. The lib's are chipping away at our liberties IMO.

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I think the Saxet folks were just illustrating a point.

Whos going to the "last show"? Any protest? Im planning on going but not sure when. Im not above standing outside with a sign informing people what the commissioners did. Anyone want to join me?

I will be there "for fun" anyway, so I don't mind supporting that.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Except that once you ALLOW it, it becomes EXPECTED. That's my problem with it. I guess, though, there's no reason someone couldnt' buy a table to do background checks. Is there a legal mechanism for that, though? Can an FFL do a NICS check if they're not doing the 4473, or do they have to buy the gun from one and sell to the other?

I'm not sure. I would gladly use it if all it entailed was a call in, seller's name not given, and zero paperwork was done.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Maybe not a perfect analogy but I'm reminded of the 50s-60s when there was much ado about Tx counties "going wet". The only time local preachers & local bootleggers ever agreed. Both ranted against legalizing booze. Much like the guy responsible for getting renters for the new coliseum in Cedar Park must find himself agreeing w Travis Commissioners

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Travis County Commissioners Court to Vote on Tuesday on Future of Saxet Gun S...

Start showing up in front of the Commissioners Court each session and start trading weapons with other individuals.

That would send a message.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    No nothing's wrong with Cedar Park - and they'll be even better. It's just probable that they'll be the big winner here thanks to T county's shortsightedness.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    No nothing's wrong with Cedar Park - and they'll be even better. It's just probable that they'll be the big winner here thanks to T county's shortsightedness.

Other than the fact that it's illegally posted with 30.06 prohibitions? CPC is government property, managed by a private firm, but owned by the city. Outside of sporting events, I don't believe they're legally allowed to post (nevermind the argument about 30.06 not applying - I wouldn't want to be the test case in Williamson County).

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Start showing up in front of the Commissioners Court each session and start trading weapons with other individuals.

That would send a message.

Yes. "Arrest me!" would be the message if they were handguns and were displayed openly during the swap. There's no provision in the law that I know of covering a private sale allowing for the display of a handgun.

Long guns? Can't see a problem with that as long as you're not in the court or its offices.

Top Bottom