• robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Spotting, tiredness, nausea, change in behavior wouldn't worry me. Severe cramping and the possibility of a tubal pregnancy would. Pester that doc. If you're not satisfied, get a second opinion ASAP. Whatever the cost, it isn't worth not doing it.
    DK Firearms

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No kids or wife but if it was me I would find a doctor that shares your level of concern and does his/her best to address your concerns.

I hope it is just all needless worry and that all involved are okay.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Pistolpadre come lead us in prayer
    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

don't know how i missed this thread but sure did.. isn't it great that we do this "together".. on some levels we can "only" be an internet web site, but when ever someone needs help it's wonderful to see an out pouring of support..

The Colon's are a special family, not because they have a little "celebrity" status, but because their really special people.. I'm thinking of how gracious she was when Jonathan had her "on site" for her birthday.. It's obvious these are special people, with a God given equally special love..

Jonathan .. from all of your friends here on TGT..

Dear Lord .. We're told in scripture that when two or more are gathered in your name you're with us.. please be with us now.. a special and loving couple are in fear of losing their baby, and of the mothers health.. please be with them. we know that your will is only for good..

we pray for your intercession that both Mother and Baby are well. .and that you take from them any fear of losing the child or endangering the Mother.. Jonathan has told us many times how grateful he is for his "love" and his family.. please take away any fear, that they might be in the palm of your loving hands...

In your holy name.. Amen..

Doc007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Austin
    Professional opinion
    take her to the ER
    they can do all the blood work and ultrasound and have results in a couple hours not days
    she probably needs IV fluids which may help with the cramps significantly
    advice given with the limitations of not being there
    if you want to talk send a pm

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Professional opinion
    take her to the ER
    they can do all the blood work and ultrasound and have results in a couple hours not days
    she probably needs IV fluids which may help with the cramps significantly
    advice given with the limitations of not being there
    if you want to talk send a pm

There you go. Always take the advice of the pro.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    don't know how i missed this thread but sure did.. isn't it great that we do this "together".. on some levels we can "only" be an internet web site, but when ever someone needs help it's wonderful to see an out pouring of support..

The Colon's are a special family, not because they have a little "celebrity" status, but because their really special people.. I'm thinking of how gracious she was when Jonathan had her "on site" for her birthday.. It's obvious these are special people, with a God given equally special love..

Jonathan .. from all of your friends here on TGT..

Dear Lord .. We're told in scripture that when two or more are gathered in your name you're with us.. please be with us now.. a special and loving couple are in fear of losing their baby, and of the mothers health.. please be with them. we know that your will is only for good..

we pray for your intercession that both Mother and Baby are well. .and that you take from them any fear of losing the child or endangering the Mother.. Jonathan has told us many times how grateful he is for his "love" and his family.. please take away any fear, that they might be in the palm of your loving hands...

In your holy name.. Amen..

AMEN! Thank you.

Thank you all for your well wishes, advice and prayers. Thank you, Padre, for those wonderful words. You have a way with them.

A tiny update.

My wife was being very stubborn. She told me that the Doc said any tests would be pointless, as there would be nothing to see in an ultrasound. She has an appointment on the 14th for tests. I told HER, that we NEEDED to get a second opinion. She still refused to want to get serious about this, so I showed her this thread.

I gotta say, thank you all. She read through it and I guess you guys made it seem more urgent and worded it in a way that got through to her. She is now taking this more seriously and is willing to see another Doc. I guess she just thinks it will eventually go away, and perhaps it will, but it's better to make sure.

The last two days have been a bit better for her. She still spends most of he day in bed with pain and nausea, but had her spirits up more. It wasn't constant, all day pain. Came an went but when it came, it was bad. So I don't know what to make of this.

She said she thinks she is still pregnant. That makes us happy. This was a very planned out pregnancy, as we are trying for a son. If it doesn't work out, we will be hurt, but not defeated and will try again.

I will keep you all posted. Thank you all so much for helping me through this. I say me, because she seems to be taking this well and is more optimistic. She also finds comfort in the fact that she really trusts her docter. We both find comfort in God, immensely. I'm really the one who is stressing this more and am very worried. As I said, she's a strong woman. I like to think I am strong, as well. I've been through my experiences that went as far as dying, but I don't think I am resolved enough to deal with something happening to HER, or the baby, if it does make it further in and we suddenly lose it.

To you "pros", in the matter. I read, that a pregnancy that starts out bad, could indicate a bad pregnancy all together, and even a possibility that the child could have developmental problems, in the whom. Is this true? Also, she says she believes it is not growing in the tube, because the pain is not on one side, but in the center. Are we safe from a tubal pregnancy if she doesn't have cramps on one side?

Thank you all again, and God bless you all.

My wife had a.miscarriage. She'll know of she is no longer pregnant. My wife is pregnant right now and is nauseous pretty much all the time. I don't think she has the cramps like yours though. IIRC she also spotted some with our daughter. Have they hooked her up to a Doppler yet? You can buy one for around $50 on eBay and will be able to hear the heart beat. I'm not sure when the beat is audible.

BTW, sorry to hear that and congrats on the new one. I'll pray this one goes well. God bless.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    My wife was cramping and spotting on our 3rd boy in 2001. We went to the doctor and they put her on an IV to rehydrate her. That fixed everything. Get her doctor to give her an IV and give her lots of gatorade or pedialyte in small doses. I'd listen to the doctor over me(yours or Doc007), but hydration is huge.

We also had a miscarriage in 1995. She was only about 6 weeks pregnant, but we had just told our family that she was pregnant and it made us have to "go public" with the bad news. She was pregnant again a month later and we now have our middle son.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    What a great thread from a bunch of "knuckle drag'n" alpha males.. i think we're all sorta looking around at each other and saying "wow", "where did he come from".. This could be a very emotionally draining thread, but it's positive and uplifting because of you guys..

I knew Jonathan would look outside his own problems, and of course did.. to both "itchin" and "willy".. sorry for what you had to go through with the wife's miscarriages ..

J. and all.. quick aside on my "words".. We all know when the good Lord is talking to us.. something just "feel's" wrong.. i've been dealing for years with the issues of pride and ego.. so before i pray or post a prayer i spend a LOT of time in prayer to get "greg" out of the picture.. I'll tell you guys a faith affirming truth on this.. on a number of occasions ..i've posted a prayer, and had no idea what it said.. i know this sounds pretty out there.. but the truth.. i've read before posting, and just shaking my head .."did i say that".. Don't get this wrong i don't have any more or less connection than anyone else.. just that there's some "guiding" going on..

Top Bottom