• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    RE jeans: I'm retired, so I can't afford Carfartts. I mostly wear Wrangler rip stop cargo, Walmart cargo, or Rustler jeans (a Wrangler knock-off).

Wrangler has some trou with elastic waistline, a really nice feature for fat 70yr olds...

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The uniform company that serviced our uniforms took care of ours. From my understanding, the clothing had to be re-treated after so many washings.
    Yes! "FR" means it's treated. After a time it washes out. Cotton itself is somewhat fire resistant, but will allow holes to form from embers, sparks and dross, but treatment can slow that. I'm sure a washing service would know that, but most people that wash their own often think they remain "FR" after washing. I use a spray starch on my welding shirts and coats after wash.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    The uniform company that serviced our uniforms took care of ours. From my understanding, the clothing had to be re-treated after so many washings.
    We replaced our work clothing on a regular basis due to loss of FR, however even when new, its protection in a butane or gasoline fire would have been inadequate.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    If I'm not mistaken, FR stands for Fire retardent treated clothing. Lot's companies require them for uniform clothing in some environments. I still have some left over from my time working as a mechanic in the oilfield.

Aha!

OK, I had to wear fire retardant cloth for the years I worked wildfires with the radio comms trailers.

My USCG flight suits were Nomex.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My brother gave me some FR clothes years ago when I was cooking the whole hogs at the renfest. Lighting the lump charcoal with a cactus burner resulted in lots of sparks flying. Before getting the long sleeved shirts & jackets my arms were catching hell. I have a Dragon Wear fleece jacket that bares many scars on the sleeved.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom