• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Chanced upon one of the vendors here in NB at dinner last night.....this theft was being discussed - turns out it's been happening a LOT more frequently recently, and some of 'em are pulling out because of it.
    ARJ Defense ad

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Chanced upon one of the vendors here in NB at dinner last night.....this theft was being discussed - turns out it's been happening a LOT more frequently recently, and some of 'em are pulling out because of it.

George, Thanks for the update. Yes, the perp who nailed us was not an armature. They prey on people full time, watching for any weakness and taking/robbing/or worse. We're just grateful we seem to be recovering - changing bank accounts, etc all day Saturday.

The financial hit from missing the show was greater than the financial hit from the theft - but we did need to take care of buisness, and we were a little rattled and really could not have worked the show. I also know there were probably a lot of disappointed customers who look for us regularly (and shop regularly) for supplies. I got a few phone calls Saturday from people looking for us. I had to explain the whole situation. It's a shame really, because Saxet has a dedicated set of regulars, just like the other venue in the area does (with some cross-over, obviously).

We were also disgusted at the ease and openness of the theft, even though it was my fault completely for letting my guard down. No police or guard presence, no secured (guarded) gates, etc. I'm going to be sure to thank the off duty cops I see at the next SA show *you know the one* for keeping an eye on suspicious activity, and I'm sure as heck going to change the way I mobilize and demobilize from the shows.

I've updated the first thread with my wife's stolen laptop make/model/serial number.

Last edited:

CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    Do you have any kind of tracking software installed on the droid phone or the laptop?

I've been very lax about when I am loading/unloading at the Saxet lately because I wasn't aware of this going on, Thank you to posting this.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Do you have any kind of tracking software installed on the droid phone or the laptop?

I've been very lax about when I am loading/unloading at the Saxet lately because I wasn't aware of this going on, Thank you to posting this.

Nope, unfortunately. The replacements will be enabled this way, along with the ability to brick the phone data (contacts, etc) remotely before having the provider mark the phone as stolen, in the event this ever happens again.

CplHudson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Texas
    I hope you go to the next show, park in the same place, and wait for the bastards to try again, except this time you have some buddies with baseball bats waiting

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    Nope, unfortunately. The replacements will be enabled this way, along with the ability to brick the phone data (contacts, etc) remotely before having the provider mark the phone as stolen, in the event this ever happens again.

Probably more work than it is worth. Anyone with a little bit of know how can defeat any such system with ease. I had such a system installed on my phone, and it just ate up the batter.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    I usually load on the side facing Apetitos was, which side were you loading/unloading on?

Normally i load in the gated area (open, unguarded gate mind you) but we got there late Friday, and didn't know where our setup was going to be as we've been working that show irregularly due to my wife's day job. This time, we prepped to load just to the left of the main door, at one of the two smaller double doors. Come to find out, our table was closer to the inside gated area, so as I prepped to move my truck to that new location. BAM. Banditos. The other guy who had his truck broken with an ipad stolen into was parked out in the open, closer to Appetitos but in the main area, not on the side of the building. He was pulling a fairly big trailer so he seemed to be parked where he could get in/out easier without backing in, or he was done loading.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Sorry I am just now getting back with you, I have checked both guns and have not located a transaction. I will run them again later but cannot do a continual monitor as it is not my offense.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Sorry I am just now getting back with you, I have checked both guns and have not located a transaction. I will run them again later but cannot do a continual monitor as it is not my offense.

Thanks anywho. My guess is SAPD's best has not yet even entered the S/N's into the database. Sad, ain't it? Officer didn't even have any buisness cards left, had to write me a hand written note on paper. Lady I talked to at ph number left on piece of paper could only enter info for the officer to then enter himself into the case number. Seems like a lot of BS paperwork and hand written notes to me.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    paper plates makes me wonder if the Explorer could be traced by sales tax, license, and title applications by make, model, & color in the San Antonio area for the last 60 days...

Pinlifter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    DFW
    paper plates makes me wonder if the Explorer could be traced by sales tax, license, and title applications by make, model, & color in the San Antonio area for the last 60 days...

Paper plates are easily forged. It would be stupid for them to use real ones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    TheDan, I like the way you think my man. buahaaaaa. I'd be happy with dye packs and broken, useless merchandise as bait just to paint the pucks with die all over their bodies a
    Well, the dye packs are only useful if your coordinating with law enforcement. If you just want to mess with the thieves, get a cheap hard sided gun case and rig one of these to go off when opened: OC Expulsion Grenade
    ;)

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I am not an Attorney.....just thought it might be relevant...to the discussion.....

PC §9.44. USE OF DEVICE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.

The justification afforded by Sections 9.41 and 9.43 applies to the use of a device to protect land or tangible, movable property if:
    (1) the device is not designed to cause, or known by the actor to create a substantial risk of causing, death or serious bodily injury; and
    (2) use of the device is reasonable under all the circumstances as the actor reasonably believes them to be when he installs the device.

Top Bottom