• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Until we kill the main reasons these people come here for, nothing is gonna change. They come for jobs, and handouts. Kill the jobs by making it a FELONY to hire them, with very stiff sentence for FIRST conviction. Stop all forms of welfare for these people! They are not citizens of this country, and we should not be forced to feed & shelter them. Do these two things and we will see an exodus the OTHER way. If we continue to reward their behavior, nothing will ever change.
    DK Firearms

servis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Denton County
    If funding was achieved in the first term, we might expect the project to be completed inside of 20 years. If a project is started by any government agency the contractors and elected representative always find a way to "delay" and "expand" said project. Anything to keep the money flowing

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    So, it seems apparent to me, at least a couple of you guys didn’t buy into Trump’s proclamation that he was “going to FIX that problem”?

(I just wanted a yardstick to measure the solution by.... or at least a time frame). Personally I think it’s a problem that can be fixed but as a couple of folks have mentioned it’s going to take a different approach, maybe in addition to a wall and most certainly, money. I think if Trump was serious, fours years is enough time to get the fix in place. Time will tell.

Has there ever been a politician who went to D.C. and kept every single promise? Not that I can recall.

Trump has done fairly well on that count, significantly better than most (to my surprise, I will admit). I am not going to get hung up on the wall as the sole thing by which to judge his administration. And he has called for a wall and is attempting to get it done.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    They just need to hire more illegals to build that wall.....andele votos!

We need a bunch of them building it from the Mexico side, scheduled to be finished on a Friday.

Last edited:

tact

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2014
    Presidio
    A wall is a speed bump and will not fix anything. To say the problem should be fixed in a year or two shows a great amount of ignorance on the whole matter.

kenboyles72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2017
    Gladewater,TX
    You know how to get rid of a roach infestation? You don't get rid of it with traps and poison, they will always come back. To fully rid the problem, you must fix the water/food source. Once you get rid of the food source, roaches will leave and never come back.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    A wall is a speed bump and will not fix anything. To say the problem should be fixed in a year or two shows a great amount of ignorance on the whole matter.
    True, a wall alone is not the solution. The wall is part of a system.

The problem could be solved in a year or two but getting approval for the means would be impossible.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Considering enough people have already been imported to largely replace the population. Without any type of slow down and continues by government funded transportation...

A border wall won't do $hit. There's still an ocean on one side of California. What the wall 'stops', California will welcome by boat. A wall is a waste.

I understand people are still holding on to the dream of a United States but it's gone already and it's never coming back. The fruit has rotted. You can never go back home.

My lowly opinion. Take care of you and yours. The rest has been stolen. It's never going back to the way it was. The poison has been drank.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Nothing is fool proof but a completed wall with sensors (etc.) and properly manned, would go a long way in stopping mass crossings. Sea ports of entry haven’t historically been our main problem (and neither has the border with Canada - but you knew that).

The problem as identified by Trump, early on in his campaign was and always has been the southern border. What’s a reasonable time frame to expect this problem to be solved?

(And to say, “you’ll never be able to *completely* solve it” is dodging the main thrust of the topic. Let me phrase it by saying “substantially solved” then.... such that it’s no longer a main national concern?)

What I’m trying to get to is, how do you measure whether Trump gets a passing grade or a failing grade on this topic that he almost singularly brought to the attention of the American public?
    Trump gets the passing grade and the Congress--both House and Senate--get the failing grade. Trump has hammered, hammered, and hammered some more on this point and yet, no wall funded. Trump CAN'T do it himself. This is one of the very reasons folks have GOT to get out and vote to keep from having Congress change to the blue hue. It's critical.

Last edited:

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Congress has yet to agree to fund the wall in its entirety; so far, just piecemeal funding. But why should they fund any of it. Didn’t Trump promise us that Mexico would pay for it?

Maybe Congress is expected to fund it and then Mexico would reimburse us? And how would they do that, by charging tariffs on their goods crossing the border. (Which just means the American consumers would ultimately pay for it?)
    C'mon, busy--don't get hung up on the "Mexico will pay for it" verbiage. There's "paying for it up front" and there's "paying for it after the fact". Trump has been hammering that one way or the other, Mexico will be squeezed until the squeezing winds up producing a return that, in the aggregate, will equal or exceed the amount of money that we pay to build the wall. Everyone just seems to think Trump meant that Mexico would write a check and pay up front, but that's taking his words pretty fricking literally, no? The reworked NAFTA, the possibility of reducing aid to Mexico, the prospective taxing of money transfers being sent to people in Mexico, etc., can surely wind up in making DJT's prediction come true.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Considering enough people have already been imported to largely replace the population. Without any type of slow down and continues by government funded transportation...

A border wall won't do $hit. There's still an ocean on one side of California. What the wall 'stops', California will welcome by boat. A wall is a waste.

I understand people are still holding on to the dream of a United States but it's gone already and it's never coming back. The fruit has rotted. You can never go back home.

My lowly opinion. Take care of you and yours. The rest has been stolen. It's never going back to the way it was. The poison has been drank.
    The cities in California are becoming shitholes because of their open door policy, and Obama helped by lessening border restrictions. Until it gets so bad that the people come to their senses and see what they've become, I don't see it changing much in California even if the wall was completed.

One of the biggest problems I saw decades ago was that businesses would only get what amounts to a slap on the wrist (like a $10,000 fine) when it was found they were hiring illegals. Within a month after they were raided by the then INS, the companies had hired more illegals, because it was cost effective to the business.

The government needs to cut off funding to cities that declare themselves a 'sanctuary city', but with many lame republicans, let alone the democrats, Trump is having to resort to executive orders to get anything done. Executive orders are temporary and only with the support of congress can anything become law.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Gotta plug the leak before you make any progress bailing water.

I understand some people like to be nihilistic in order to sound like they have some higher level of understanding though. Or maybe they are just unwilling to stand for anything. Maybe both. Maybe they just figure they will take the Clayton Williams approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    "Criminal Minds" had a show few years back, some red-neck land owners on the Rio Grande border were going out at night in their 4 wheelers, and SHOOTING illegal aliens crossing the border. At the time I thought it was very irresponsible to put that on national TV. Now, I'm not so sure it was!

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Nothing is fool proof, plus we have two oceans and a northern border. The southern border wall will take a lot of time to build and people have been crossing illegally long before I was born.
    There is a company that has a new prototype of border wall build. this wall as presented by the builder as finished in 5years?, cost ?10B and can be built in place and in rugged terrain. It sound like a very good prospect and I hope President Trump is aware.

Top Bottom