• ...and so much more!
  • vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    This comforts me quite a bit
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...l-nras-chief-lobbyist-says-after-meeting.html

NRA's Chris Cox met with Trump and Pence yesterday and tweeting that Trump and VP Pence do not want gun control and stongly support due process and shortly after , Trump tweeted a similar tweet and said the meeting went great with the NRA

Screenshot_20180302-030344.jpg
    Guns International

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    Thanks for posting this VMAX, finally, a voice of sanity in a cloud of shit storm.
    Hopefully this will have a calming effect on the sky is falling crowd.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    It makes absolutely no sense to say what he did on Wednesday and then turn around and then come around on this in days. Unless he is telling both sides what they want to hear or the NRA talked some sense into him and gave him an out .

My bet is on the former.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    It makes absolutely no sense to say what he did on Wednesday and then turn around and then come around on this in days. Unless he is telling both sides what they want to hear or the NRA talked some sense into him and gave him an out .

My bet is on the former.

Yeah it doesn't, does it? Just like what was said in the "Trump backs Swinestein" thread, actions speak louder than words. I guess we'll have to see what transpires.

I'm still sending letters to Trump and all my reps to let them know how I feel.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I'll wait to see how this plays out.

The Trump pendulum can still swing wildly in any direction before this is settled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    And every time he swings wildly, I ask myself -"is this better than Hilary?". And every time, I answer "YES".

"Less shitty than the alternative" isn't what made this country great.

But it does seem to be slowing the seemingly inevitable spread of liberalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    And every time he swings wildly, I ask myself -"is this better than Hilary?". And every time, I answer "YES".
    Agree of course, but this constant self-inflicted turmoil is wearing me out. There's no reason for it, especially on this issue. He cannot cross his base on gun rights and survive politically.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Tell everyone what they want to hear and then do what he was going to do from the start anyways.
    LBJ got a lot done (whether you agree with what he did or not, he got a lot done) by telling everybody exactly what they wanted to hear, blatantly lying his ass off, and doing whatever the hell he wanted to do, anyway. All the while, he was flying off to Texas to swim in beds full of prostitutes or entertaining his special secretaries in Washington. Yeah, they were actually on the White House payroll with the job title "special secretary". Their only job was to hang around, look pretty, and be at the beck and call of POTUS.

People act like Trump is a bad person. Perhaps he is. But it's not like we haven't previously seen plenty of unsavory characters to the highest office in the land.

I wonder what the press would do to LBJ today.

Top Bottom