• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    LBJ got a lot done (whether you agree with what he did or not, he got a lot done) by telling everybody exactly what they wanted to hear, blatantly lying his ass off, and doing whatever the hell he wanted to do, anyway. All the while, he was flying off to Texas to swim in beds full of prostitutes or entertaining his special secretaries in Washington. Yeah, they were actually on the White House payroll with the job title "special secretary". Their only job was to hang around, look pretty, and be at the beck and call of POTUS.

People act like Trump is a bad person. Perhaps he is. But it's not like we haven't previously seen plenty of unsavory characters to the highest office in the land.

I wonder what the press would do to LBJ today.

LBJ got a lot done because he had blackmail material on many folks and was not afraid to use it.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    This is all talk. Let’s see what kind of idiotic proposals get made, come close to passing, pass and what Trump does with stuff that gets to his desk. In the end I care about action, not gum flapping.

I live in constant fear that Trump is the kind of guy who will sign anything just to say he passed something. How ironic that we depend on the very RINO's that created the need for Trump in the first place to keep the bad stuff off his desk. I'm afraid that if he signals he'll sign an "assault weapons ban", which will always and forever get 100% Dem support and maybe 25-35% RINO support, the momentum might be too much for McConnell, who I don't trust to begin with, to stop.

He's playing with fire for no good reason. The vast majority of the blame for this latest shooting rests squarely on the shoulders of the Broward County sheriff who failed to take the warnings on this maniac seriously. We should be focusing on that, not playing "peek a poo" with UBC's and AW bans, or undermining the NRA when they're furiously trying to fight off the entirety of the left.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yeah it doesn't, does it? Just like what was said in the "Trump backs Swinestein" thread, actions speak louder than words. I guess we'll have to see what transpires.

I'm still sending letters to Trump and all my reps to let them know how I feel.
    There's nothing quite so satisfying as "pulling the rug out from underneath" an 82-year-old prune face, 'mIright?

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I believe (maybe foolishly) that he's on our side.

That said, if he's fucking with the dems, he's doing a horrible job of it. Needs to string them along harder.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    did you not see pelosi next to him. I know the stewards had to mop the chair and floor after she got up. Any more and she would have fell over dead. Damn your right he should have went farther

I believe (maybe foolishly) that he's on our side.

That said, if he's fucking with the dems, he's doing a horrible job of it. Needs to string them along harder.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    did you not see pelosi next to him. I know the stewards had to mop the chair and floor after she got up. Any more and she would have fell over dead. Damn your right he should have went farther
    yeah it was pretty intense.

i just don't think trolling them for 2 days was. effective. I think trolling until it fell apart would have been better

Sent from my SIG Sauer

Top Bottom