• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I'll have to hold my reservations, I really don't like the pandering and much prefer the "tell it like it is" Trump. I like it better when he doesn't play politics.

If Republicans (INO) would stop jacking our majority ... we'd see a lot less courting of the dems. The way I see it, Pres has no choice. On one hand, he lays with dogsnkeys and makes progress. On the other hand, NOTHING gets done and 45s second term becomes unlikely. I say give 45 a flea collar and bucket full of wins.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    LBJ got a lot done (whether you agree with what he did or not, he got a lot done) by telling everybody exactly what they wanted to hear, blatantly lying his ass off, and doing whatever the hell he wanted to do, anyway. All the while, he was flying off to Texas to swim in beds full of prostitutes or entertaining his special secretaries in Washington. Yeah, they were actually on the White House payroll with the job title "special secretary". Their only job was to hang around, look pretty, and be at the beck and call of POTUS.

People act like Trump is a bad person. Perhaps he is. But it's not like we haven't previously seen plenty of unsavory characters to the highest office in the land.

I wonder what the press would do to LBJ today.
    Oh wow! That's awesome!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Oh wow! That's awesome!
    If you think LBJs ability to do whatever he wanted was awesome, you should familiarize yourself with the way he'd use his penis; he'd show it off to anyone he wanted to intimidate.

Hell, he'd literally go to the toilet with the door open during briefings. His attitude was "I'm top dog. To show how little respect I have for you and everyone else, I can take a shit while you're talking and you can't do anything about it, underling."

He was a piece of work.

When it comes to lying, manipulating, looking stupid, and being a jerk, Trump is an amateur compared to LBJ. Trump, however, gets called on shenanigans more often simply because he's more public with his utterances, thanks to Twitter.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    If you think LBJs ability to do whatever he wanted was awesome, you should familiarize yourself with the way he'd use his penis; he'd show it off to anyone he wanted to intimidate.

Hell, he'd literally go to the toilet with the door open during briefings. His attitude was "I'm top dog. To show how little respect I have for you and everyone else, I can take a shit while you're talking and you can't do anything about it, underling."

He was a piece of work.

When it comes to lying, manipulating, looking stupid, and being a jerk, Trump is an amateur compared to LBJ. Trump, however, gets called on shenanigans more often simply because he's more public with his utterances, thanks to Twitter.
    Okay I didn't know he was a creepy fart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    "Fifty years on we know the trigger for war with Vietnam was a fiction."
    I was trying to compare and contrast the personal styles of LBJ and Trump. You, however, have brought up a substantive point far more important than the salacious fact that LBJ was a flasher, among other things.

Beyond style, we've had presidents who did truly evil things. Sad, but true.

With that historical perspective, I find it puzzling the way so many supposedly educated people attack Trump at every turn. His style may be abrasive (or insert any other adjectives you wish) but he has yet to make up an excuse to get almost 60,000 Americans killed in a war.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I remember the Klebergs throwing a fund raising dinner for him at their house when I was a youngster.

Oops, my recollection was off, it was for Goldwater.

Last edited:

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I think for many politicians Trump isn't part of their club, a true politician, although what successful businessman hasn't played politics? For someone like him to reach the highest political position hurt a lot of politician's egos, so they feel their only recourse is to attack his credibility.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I think for many politicians Trump isn't part of their club, a true politician, although what successful businessman hasn't played politics? For someone like him to reach the highest political position hurt a lot of politician's egos, so they feel their only recourse is to attack his credibility.

Not only that he doesn't owe them anything. That drives them nuts.

Top Bottom