• ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    7. Protect the Second Amendment

In 2023, Trump said he would “take Biden’s executive order directing the federal government to target the firearms industry, and I will rip it up and throw it out on day one.” He also stated that he would “ask Congress to send a bill to my desk…[for] national concealed carry reciprocity.”

“Just like your driver’s license or your marriage license, your Second Amendment must apply across state lines. It will. We’ll get it done pretty quickly, too,” he promised.

Full article:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    In 2023, Trump said he would “take Biden’s executive order directing the federal government to target the firearms industry, and I will rip it up and throw it out on day one.” He also stated that he would “ask Congress to send a bill to my desk…[for] national concealed carry reciprocity.”

ROFL

He was the one who started targeting the firearms industry with his Bump Stock ban.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2023
    Houston
    Great that Trump has specific 2A policy objectives in mind, but his actual record on 2A is not good. I don’t trust him on anything he says about 2A. If he gets elected, I hope he uses his power to firstly undo the 2A encroachments he allowed as President.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    ROFL

He was the one who started targeting the firearms industry with his Bump Stock ban.
    Which, while a wrong towards 2a, it calmed the gun grabbers and was overturned by his court nominees.

I understand the outrage, we absolutely should not have to erode portions of our rights to preserve the rest. However, given how many readily surrendered them and how many surrendered or registered their braces, my hope of folks "standing their ground" when US congress goes Canadian or Australian on us is rather faint at best...

Ultimately I am about as upset regarding bumpstocks as I would be if a particular color of gun was prohibited... perhaps it opened the door to brace restrictions, perhaps not.

Was the bumpstop ban wrong? Yes.

Was a bumpstock ban better than a "assault rifle" ban? Yes.

Would the people have risen against a "assault rifle" ban? Not a chance.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Ultimately I am about as upset regarding bumpstocks as I would be if a particular color of gun was prohibited... perhaps it opened the door to brace restrictions, perhaps not.

It certainly opened it. Dems and ATF realized not only would their be no pushback, many republicans would support it. So here we are with all sorts of re-writes - braces, 80%, FRT, Receviers, etc.

This "it does not affect me, so who cares" mentality is how a lot of stuff gains traction. I dont own a Machine Gun so who cares if they ban them? 8 years later semi-autos get banned.....

Divide and conquer is their game plan. Because it works, not just for guns.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It certainly opened it. Dems and ATF realized not only would their be no pushback, many republicans would support it. So here we are with all sorts of re-writes - braces, 80%, FRT, Receviers, etc.

This "it does not affect me, so who cares" mentality is how a lot of stuff gains traction. I dont own a Machine Gun so who cares if they ban them? 8 years later semi-autos get banned.....

Divide and conquer is their game plan. Because it works, not just for guns.
    My position is decidedly not "it doesn't effect me I dont care".

I am thoroughly upset in principle over the bumpstock ban. I just think they are a bit of the briar patch that brer rabbit was begging not to be thrown into... the other option wasn't do nothing or pass the hearing protection act, it was more on the "ban assault rifles" end of the spectrum, and so between banning bumpstocks and banning 30rnd mags or semi-auto rifles, I am mist less upset with the temporary loss of the legality of bumpstocks. We had some very pro-2a bills in congress the LV attack ended all hope of getting passed.

I don't think more than a few individuals, scattered across would have made a stand against more onerous infringements ala Australia...

I didn't comply with the brace rules and wouldn't have compiled with bumpstock rules either and dont think others should have wholesale complied as so many did.

In no war can you win every fight and always gain ground, sometimes there are hills that must be given up for a time so a proper defense waged or a counter-assault may be launched. AS much as the bumpstock ban may have opened the door to additional novel "interpretations" by the ATF towards other items, lawyers had the opportunity to research and set groundwork to overturn bumpstock bans and many of those same lawyers and judges will use this experience to craft the words that protect the more recent ATF over reaches based on the original sin of infringement from 1934.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I don't see anything on there about reducing the size and scope of federal overreach.....much less draining the swamp.

Right now, Trump is my #3 choice behind DeSantis and Vivek R. After reading this, I'm considering taking him off the list completely.....
    I dare you to walk a mile in DeSantis' boots and tell me he is your first choice.

Really, among those three, I would not be very disappointed, but Trump, Vivek and Tip-Toes Desantis, in that order :)

RiverRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2023
    North Texas
    Trump is not perfect. Even Ronald Reagan was not perfect. However, in recent memory there have been damned few elected leaders who actually made an honest effort to keep their promises, and Mr. Trump is one of them. He will have my vote. Refusal to support him should he win the nomination will be nothing less than acquiescence to the marxists, no matter how you try to justify it.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Considering what he's done in Florida so far, I'd be interested in hearing your contrary view....
    Google "desantis boots"

Has to do with his platform, but not his politics :)

Trump is proven at the national level, I KNOW and LOVE what I am getting. Not perfect, but VERY happy with the product.

I like DeSantis and what he has done in Florida, but whether he can translate it federally is always questionable. Its like hiring a great college coach to an NFL team, sometimes it doeant translate as well as you would hope

I really would be in a toss-up for Vivek and DeSantis, but I would be very happy with any of these three.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Google "desantis boots"

Has to do with his platform, but not his politics :)

Trump is proven at the national level, I KNOW and LOVE what I am getting. Not perfect, but VERY happy with the product.

I like DeSantis and what he has done in Florida, but whether he can translate it federally is always questionable. Its like hiring a great college coach to an NFL team, sometimes it doeant translate as well as you would hope

I really would be in a toss-up for Vivek and DeSantis, but I would be very happy with any of these three.

That's it?....the boots? If that's the biggest issue you have, then you must be apoplectic about Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher.

As for the state/federal point, I do have concerns about that. I do worry that he could be another George W. Bush....good governor turned mediocre POTUS. But, all we have to go on is his record....and DeSantis accomplished more on the conservative level than Trump. DeSantis even had the wisdom to fire bureaucrats that could undermine his efforts. I don't see Trump has learned that lesson yet. And Vivek R., though doing conservative things in his businesses, is still a big question mark on accomplishing goals within the political morass.

If DeSantis or Vivek R. win the primary, I'll happily vote for them in the general election. If Trump wins, I'll still vote for him, but my expectations will be tempered....

Top Bottom