• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It certainly opened it. Dems and ATF realized not only would their be no pushback, many republicans would support it. So here we are with all sorts of re-writes - braces, 80%, FRT, Receviers, etc.

This "it does not affect me, so who cares" mentality is how a lot of stuff gains traction. I dont own a Machine Gun so who cares if they ban them? 8 years later semi-autos get banned.....

Divide and conquer is their game plan. Because it works, not just for guns.
    Bingo! The ban put companies out of business, resulted in criminal charges against law abiding citizens, and was even upheld by Trump appointed judges along the way. It’s not like anyone changed their opinion of Trump in a favorable way either. The only people who gained were the gun grabbers who can cross it off their list of things to worry about.

MountainGirl

Hovering
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Big Thicket
    ... when he had both chambers of Congress.
    Things might have been different if RINO Ryan wasn't speaker of the House for the 2 years when Trump had both. Just guessing here. The whole thing is fubar. Starting with the belief that ANY law, or source of law, or SC ruling, can void out a natural right, a God-given right. Nothing has jurisdiction over that; not even the Constitution, it's Articles, Amendments, or interpretations thereof. IMO.

Last edited:

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Fixed it for ya!

Trump is--to no one's surprise--talking out his ass again pandering for votes!

Deeds above words, and his four years as president showed he's no champion of the Second Amendment!
    Final Assessment? More Good Than Bad.
    In his first term, President Trump largely lived up to his promise to protect Americans’ Second Amendment rights. There have been a few missteps along the way, but on the whole, the Trump Administration has kept its word when it comes to our right to keep and bear arms.
    This piece originally appeared in The Federalist Society

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    In his first term, President Trump largely lived up to his promise to protect Americans’ Second Amendment rights. There have been a few missteps along the way, but on the whole, the Trump Administration has kept its word when it comes to our right to keep and bear arms.

I forgot he signed the Fix NICS act.

Add that to his list of gun control he supported.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    It certainly opened it. Dems and ATF realized not only would their be no pushback, many republicans would support it. So here we are with all sorts of re-writes - braces, 80%, FRT, Receviers, etc.

This "it does not affect me, so who cares" mentality is how a lot of stuff gains traction. I dont own a Machine Gun so who cares if they ban them? 8 years later semi-autos get banned.....

Divide and conquer is their game plan. Because it works, not just for guns.

THIS is true!

Old Lady Cate

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

I can cherry-pick as well!

May 16, 2013: Before becoming president, Trump was asked on Twitter his position on gun control to which he responded, “Big Second Amendment believer but background checks to weed out the sicko's are fine.”

Feb. 28, 2017: Trump signed a bill into law rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illness to purchase guns. That Obama-era measure had included people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Feb. 21, 2018: During a listening session with teachers and students following the deadly Parkland, Fla. high school mass shooting now-president Trump said, “We’re going to be very strong on background checks. We’re going to be doing very strong background checks.”

Feb. 28, 2018: During the televised meeting, the president called for a “powerful” bill on background checks to address mental illness.

Feb. 28, 2018: During that televised meeting with lawmakers Trump seemed open to supporting the assault weapons ban proposed by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif.

Feb. 28, 2018: Trump in that same meeting with congressional leaders also proposed raising the age limit for buying assault rifles from 18 years old to 21.

Feb, 28, 2018: In a meeting with lawmakers, Trump said, “I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida. He had a lot of firearms. They saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time. So you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”

March 12, 2018: Trump called for all states to adopt Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPOs), also known as “red-flag laws” which allow law enforcement, with approval from a court, to remove firearms from individuals who are a demonstrated threat to themselves or others and temporarily to prevent individuals from purchasing new firearms.

Feb. 20, 2018: Following the Parkland massacre where a gunman killed 17 people, Trump ordered the Justice Department to issue a ban on bump stocks, which are used to convert semi-automatic guns into automatic weapons such as the one used in the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting that left 58 people dead.

Dec. 18, 2018: Trump administration issued an official rule banning bump stocks.

BOTTOM LINE: Trump panders to whatever audience is before him. Like every politician, he talks out of both sides of his face, often contradicting himself one day to the next.

If you honestly think he's a supporter of the Second Amendment, you need to do some more research!

He talks a good game when the time and place calls for it, but his actual deeds fall far short!

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    So talk is now action. I never said Trump was perfect, but associating talk to what he had actually done is not the same. There were several things he talked about to people, just to measure their reactions.

I don't measure a person just on how they feel about gun rights.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So talk is now action. I never said Trump was perfect, but associating talk to what he had actually done is not the same. There were several things he talked about to people, just to measure their reactions.

I don't measure a person just on how they feel about gun rights.
    A lot of us are single issue voters. If a candidate is wishy washy at best on guns, they will be wishy washy at best when citizens are loaded into boxcars

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    A lot of us are single issue voters. If a candidate is wishy washy at best on guns, they will be wishy washy at best when citizens are loaded into boxcars
    Just my humble opinion, but this by Hoji is the single most important statement about politicians on this forum, anywhere.

cav2108541

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2023
    Killeen, TX
    7. Protect the Second Amendment

In 2023, Trump said he would “take Biden’s executive order directing the federal government to target the firearms industry, and I will rip it up and throw it out on day one.” He also stated that he would “ask Congress to send a bill to my desk…[for] national concealed carry reciprocity.”

“Just like your driver’s license or your marriage license, your Second Amendment must apply across state lines. It will. We’ll get it done pretty quickly, too,” he promised.

Full article:

Um . . . A marriage "license" is only good in the state where it was issued, usually only in the county where it was issued. It's a "license" to GET married. Once you ARE married they issue a marriage certificate, which is good anywhere in the US, but not necessarily in other countries. Many countries require an "attestation" by your state's Department of State, and the US Department of State, then by the US Embassy in that country, as well as the marriage certificate to be translated into the local language by an official/certified translator. Maybe you should just stick to the driver's license as an example.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Red State blog on President Trump's policy on 2A;

Speaking before a fired-up crowd of National Rifle Association (NRA) members, Trump pledged that "no one will lay a finger on your firearms" if he returns to the White House, adding that when he was in office he "did nothing" to curb gun rights. In an address at the NRA’s "Great American Outdoor Show" in Harrisburg, Trump said:

During my four years, nothing happened. And there was great pressure on me having to do with guns. We did nothing.
    Now I stand before you with a very simple promise ... Your Second Amendment will always be safe with me as your president. When I'm back in the Oval Office no one will lay a finger on your firearms. It's not going to happen.

OK, I will accept this 2024 campaign promise and hold him to it when elected. That bump stock rule he setup in 2018 was a let down but good chance that SCOTUS will strike it down. No pol is perfect on 2A. Some just better than others.

I think the most important policy that any President can do is the appointment of pro-2A judges. They last way beyond the term(s) of any President and have an impact good/bad for decades. The right ones on the right bench can make improvements much sooner than US Congress. Think of the 3 Trump appointed to SCOTUS and swung the Court to the Bruen case in 2022. That judgement will have a lasting affect for decades. Here is what he said at NRA meeting from the Red State blog,

The former president painted a bleak picture of where the country is headed if Biden wins in November.

It means hundreds of more radical left judges waging a crusade against law-abiding gun owners, and four more years of Joe Biden means a nonstop war on gun makers, dealers, and sellers designed to put the entire industry right out of business.

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Read more at Red State blog on President Trump's policy on 2A;

Speaking before a fired-up crowd of National Rifle Association (NRA) members, Trump pledged that "no one will lay a finger on your firearms" if he returns to the White House, adding that when he was in office he "did nothing" to curb gun rights. In an address at the NRA’s "Great American Outdoor Show" in Harrisburg, Trump said:

OK, I will accept this 2024 campaign promise and hold him to it when elected. That bump stock rule he setup in 2018 was a let down but good chance that SCOTUS will strike it down. No pol is perfect on 2A. Some just better than others.

I think the most important policy that any President can do is the appointment of pro-2A judges. They last way beyond the term(s) of any President and have an impact good/bad for decades. The right ones on the right bench can make improvements much sooner than US Congress. Think of the 3 Trump appointed to SCOTUS and swung the Court to the Bruen case in 2022. That judgement will have a lasting affect for decades. Here is what he said at NRA meeting from the Red State blog,

The former president painted a bleak picture of where the country is headed if Biden wins in November.

Well, there is this jewel as well.

Top Bottom