• ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    By my count we are 0-3.

No HPA or National Reciprocity ( with a GOP House and Senate) and bumpstocks.

ETA- 0-4 when you consider the DOJ asking SCOTUS to not review the Kansas case.
    Agree 2 were inaction, 2 were action. Of course it is possible the HPA and National Reciprocity were killed action behind the scenes, and not just because Ryan was a RINO.
    Hurley's Gold

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have to wonder if this would be a post about our guns being taken away if the election had gone differently. As long as there are "politicians", politics will always be involved. Trump mainly looks to the NRA on gun advice. I'll just leave it there.
    I wish people would quit using the election as an excuse for Tump. It was three years ago and has zero bearing on today. Quit distracting from the point that Trump has gone antigun and is attacking your rights. Hilary and the election has nothing to do with that. If the NRA is advising him to do this, they need to cease to exist as an organization and be replaced with the GOA.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Are silencers banned? You will have a point when that actually happens. Until then, yes it is mouthing off.

With regard to bumpstocks, until the NFA is repealed (which would be good), anyone with common sense has to admit that the bumpstock converted a semiauto to full auto which was in violation of the NFA.

The President cannot pass a bill. If you don't like the HPA not passing (and I agree), point your anger at the appropriate place - the legislature.
    You sir are factually wrong about bumpstocks. Bumpstocks make nothing automatic. Getting away with stupid lies is what helps Trump do what he does. Thanks for helping
    Bumpstocks were created originally for handicapped shooters. The quick manual operation of some bumpstocks will speed up the single trigger pull. Just like you can do with your booger picking finger. Either way the price of going too fast is loss of accuracy. If you think that's fully automatic then you are probably against fully semi auto machine guns too.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I wish people would quit using the election as an excuse for Tump. It was three years ago and has zero bearing on today. Quit distracting from the point that Trump has gone antigun and is attacking your rights. Hilary and the election has nothing to do with that. If the NRA is advising him to do this, they need to cease to exist as an organization and be replaced with the GOA.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Then what exactly is your answer? I don't think Trump is anti gun, I believe he is misinformed and not knowledgeable in guns. I don't believe he oversees every ATF classification, or tells the DOJ what to write in recommendations to the Supreme Court. I believe he has ties to the NRA and if I knew nothing about guns, I would probably take what the NRA had done to bump stocks as a recommendation to ban.

Jack Ryan

Mr. Medium
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Eseldorf
    At least with a Dem in office gun owners get riled up and fight back.

I don’t think Trump is above criticism by virtue of being “not Hillary”. Letting the 2A get dismantled is just as bad no matter who does the dismantling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, hardly and certainly the GOP office holders don't "get riled up and fight back".

Castle_Tejas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2019
    Texas
    Noone ever mentions, after the Las Vegas shooting, how Trump told Scalise, who was publicly talking about National Reciprocity... to not try and include it because dems would walk away and it would never get passed. He did this on live coverage and noone batted an eye. I want to believe Trump was the answer to a big problem, but I am a 2 amendment voter, I bought his schtick at the NRA convention and hoped for the best.
    I've been blowing up his sons Twitter feeds and Silencerco, but you can imagine how that goes. Anyone who doesnt have a platform, doesn't exist.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    So how many of you are taking this to 2020? I would like a repeal of the NFA but barring DT murdering someone on 5th Ave. There is a high probability I will be voting for DT............ again.
    I doubt there was 1 candidate in 2016 that would have even discussed suppressors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So how many of you are taking this to 2020? I would like a repeal of the NFA but barring DT murdering someone on 5th Ave. There is a high probability I will be voting for DT............ again.
    I doubt there was 1 candidate in 2016 that would have even discussed suppressors.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I was going to vote for him until his administration sent that letter to SCOTUS. He can pound sand. I'd rather vote for a damned rock than give him my vote.

The ONLY way I will change my mind is if he does a complete 180 and gets us (or at least legitimately tries to) some major wins for the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I was going to vote for him until his administration sent that letter to SCOTUS. He can pound sand. I'd rather vote for a damned rock than give him my vote.

The ONLY way I will change my mind is if he does a complete 360 and gets us (or at least legitimately tries to) some major wins for the 2nd Amendment.

If he does a 360 he will be right back where he is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Castle_Tejas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2019
    Texas
    If he usurps Congress to ban suppressors through the ATF like he did with Trumpstocks, I'll sit this one out.
    (I can hear the smart people now)
    Before you go there, I can bitch, hell I contend the people who voted these pricks into office have no right to complain, you picked them. Logical or not.
    I'll vote for the orange man. Given the options, anyone not running on gun reform will not be the D nominee, so wtf else are we supposed to do? Watch Kamala Harris or C Booker become president? F*ck that
    He needs to make some huge ground up on the 2A though, or I'll be a day by day voter... a "We'll See" guy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    And so we circle back to holding our noses, and voting for then guy that is going to hurt us the least.
    Trump is still a quiet supporter of planned kid killing (parenthood) because he thinks they do health care for women. There was a huge effort to make him understand that they do one thing, kill babies and they lie quite well too. He's an old dog and is resistant to new tricks.
    Perhaps our job will be to ween him off the NRA swamp and into the real gun world. Where we don't have street shootouts and we abide by our laws.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And so we circle back to holding our noses, and voting for then guy that is going to hurt us the least.
    Trump is still a quiet supporter of planned kid killing (parenthood) because he thinks they do health care for women. There was a huge effort to make him understand that they do one thing, kill babies and they lie quite well too. He's an old dog and is resistant to new tricks.
    Perhaps our job will be to ween him off the NRA swamp and into the real gun world. Where we don't have street shootouts and we abide by our laws.
    Trump is a quiet supporter? It seems he's very vocal about defunding Planned Parenthood. Are you going to tell me Pence is a supporter next?

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Trump is a quiet supporter? It seems he's very vocal about defunding Planned Parenthood. Are you going to tell me Pence is a supporter next?
    True he used to be a loud know nothing strong supporter until he became a candidate. Now he says what the pollsters tell him to say, but so far its all talk, and not loud or much. Thus I formed the opinion that he is a closet supporter. Since we are supposed to trust him to do the right thing in spite of his words, and for guns he is a open liar. I don't trust he is going to do the right thing with the baby killers and their parts department.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    So we should nothing till he bans them?,

That is the strategy we used with Reagan and Machine Guns. How did that work out? If only gun owners had said/done something sooner we would be paying $500 for an M16....
    Well, no. Wikipedia has a much more in-depth examination of the shenanigans that brought us the Hughes Amendment but, in simple terms, it was a last-second toss-in that blindsided the good guys. As I wrote on another forum:
    I watched the live broadcast on CSPAN as FOPA was passed. Clearly, the voice vote on the critical Hughes amendment did not pass. The acting Chair, Charlie Rangel, simply ignored what had happened, declared that it had passed, ... and moved on to other business.

It was an astonishingly brazen abuse of power. ...

I would...like to see SCOTUS throw out certain “poison pill” amendments that were added at the last second, enabled via Rangel’s complete lack of integrity.
    Of course, when the FOPA got to the president's desk, the NRA was OK with Reagan signing it, poison pills and all. I was OK with it, too. FOPA was critically necessary in some ways and the poison pill amendments were the price we paid. These days, I'm no longer confident that my "that's the price we have to pay" attitude of the time was a wise one.

If it wasn't for that anti-freedom idiot Charlie Rangel...well...that's where the majority of the blame lies.

Top Bottom