• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtjab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    dallas
    So what I know about trusts I have read here. If I do this to get a suppressor or a sbr to I need to set one for each? would my wife be covered by the trust. Do you carry a copy of this paperwork with you as you transport the gun to a range??? What happens if I move out of TX in the future....

I don't get it.
    Guns International

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    You need one trust, and the items are transferred to the trust entity. Your wife can be on the trust, but it would depend on how you choose to set it up.

You don't need to carry a copy of the trust with you, just the stamped Form. On the Form it will show the trust's name.

Sean should be along shortly to help.

jt526

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Richardson
    Trusts are ultra easy, and you only need the one, but you could create more of them. I've got 3 cans and two SBR's on mine. After my first suppressor being xferred directly to me, the trust was much easier, and faster, no CLEO sign off, no prints. No need to change the trust once you move, just let the ATF know if you are moving something (machine gun, SBR) that they need to know is being moved. NFA trust should run about $600 from a lawyer, or you can go the quicken route. Check on silencertalk.com, and just read and read.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    So what I know about trusts I have read here. If I do this to get a suppressor or a sbr to I need to set one for each?

Nope. You may put as many suppressors, SBRs or Machioengunes in a trust as you want to.

would my wife be covered by the trust.
    Maybe. It depends on who the trust is drafted. Your wife may be a co-founder of the trust with full powers and duties. She may be a co-trustee, she could be a beneficiary with no right to possess the NFA regulated items or she might not even be a part of the trust.

I you put your wife on teh trust as a settlor or co-trustee, she would have to sign on the trust.

Do you carry a copy of this paperwork with you as you transport the gun to a range???
    It depends. If you have 15 items regulated by the NFA, you will probably have copies of all forms and a copy of your trust in a notebook that stays with teh rangebag or in you car/truck. I do this.

If you have one or two items, then you will probbaly keep a copy of the form 1 or 4 on the firearms itself or in the suppressor pouch.

I have the notebook becsaue I have enough that I don't want to be able to grab one book and carry everything with me including my FFL/SOT papers.

What happens if I move out of TX in the future.....
    You submit form 5320.2s to the ATF notifiying them of the permanent change of address to a new state and move. The Texas TRust is valid in all states just like a corporation is. However, you must still follow the local states laws.

I don't get it.

I hope this helps.

My new TRust website: www.TexasNFATrust.com is up. Have a look and make any suggestions that you feel would help make the website better and more informative.

SC

jt526

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Richardson
    Sorry I did not see it on the website listed but do items still have to be engraved if put on the trust? Thank you in advance.

Yes, you still need to engrave the info on there with the trust name, city and state (serial # if applicable). The trust is the maker. I used Ident Marking Services in dallas before I moved there on two lowers, they did great work for me. Absolutely perfect.

SC - that is a great website you have up there.

sgtjab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    dallas
    Thank you for all of this! I will look at your sight. Thanks this is EXACTLY what I needed.

Nope. You may put as many suppressors, SBRs or Machioengunes in a trust as you want to.

Maybe. It depends on who the trust is drafted. Your wife may be a co-founder of the trust with full powers and duties. She may be a co-trustee, she could be a beneficiary with no right to possess the NFA regulated items or she might not even be a part of the trust.

I you put your wife on teh trust as a settlor or co-trustee, she would have to sign on the trust.

It depends. If you have 15 items regulated by the NFA, you will probably have copies of all forms and a copy of your trust in a notebook that stays with teh rangebag or in you car/truck. I do this.

If you have one or two items, then you will probbaly keep a copy of the form 1 or 4 on the firearms itself or in the suppressor pouch.

I have the notebook becsaue I have enough that I don't want to be able to grab one book and carry everything with me including my FFL/SOT papers.

You submit form 5320.2s to the ATF notifiying them of the permanent change of address to a new state and move. The Texas TRust is valid in all states just like a corporation is. However, you must still follow the local states laws.

I hope this helps.

My new TRust website: www.TexasNFATrust.com is up. Have a look and make any suggestions that you feel would help make the website better and more informative.

SC

Top Bottom