Try to wrap your mind around this one...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
This is crazy enough to make Jon Stewart's show. It's a couple of days old...and it didn't. Why am I not surprised?

Mikeinhistory

Well-Known
Feb 19, 2013
Austin, TX
Seems like they are trying to set a precedent. An "emotionally disturbed" person who was literally playing in traffic is an easy target to intimidate. If they can find him guilty, then the next time NYPD cops accidentally hit some bystanders it won't be their fault.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2012
Central Texas
So now officers not only can fire a gun in a crowded situation at an unarmed man, but now they also can do so without anyone to answer to afterwards? Absolute bullshit.

Whatever happened to tazers or mace?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
So now officers not only can fire a gun in a crowded situation at an unarmed man, but now they also can do so without anyone to answer to afterwards? Absolute bullshit.

Whatever happened to tazers or mace?
They did use a taser......after they shot 2 people.

I'm not actually all that upset about them shooting, I don't know what all the guy was doing or if he might have been making threats. I'm just upset they are tryin to pin him for shooting two people when he didn't have a gun.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
Jul 10, 2013
mckinney
The way liberals think never cease to amaze me, just when you think you have heard it all, they come up with more crap.

London

The advocate's Devil.
TGT Supporter
Sep 28, 2010
Twilight Zone
It has been common practice in this country to charge a person who, through their actions, forced a poorly-executed reaction which harms another person, with whatever crimes considered appropriate for the circumstance. I know that sentence is a little hard to digest, so here's an example from real life:

Two dudes rob a convenience store; both have guns. Shopkeeper pulls a gun and shoots one; both suspects flee. Shot suspect dies shortly later, but not before ratting out his partner. Police find and arrest his partner and charge him with manslaughter. Why? Because his reckless actions lead to the death of another person, even if it was not supposed to happen. Like it or not people get charged this way all the time.

Biggest thing to get upset about here is NYPD has once again shown it needs to be issued rubber guns.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member