• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I think you have to have somekind of box now since everything went digital.
    1327701306_justin-timberlake-andy-samberg-lg.jpg
    Target Sports

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    As long as the TV was made after the switch no box is required. Any TV antenna will work and the ones thy advertise about being made for digital generally have nothing extra to offer. Rabbit ears work just fine if your near a city, if not, use the same type of outdoor antenna you would have used before the switch.

One thing about digital. Clear channels are clear, bad channels will look like when a storm screws with satellite or won't come in at all. No in between fuzzy channels.

I've used everything from rabbit ears with foil on them to "digital antennas" to outdoor full size antennas(what I'm using now. Worst reception was with the super special digital antennas, best is with outdoor antenna.

I also run a signal amplifier. Bout $15 at Wally World.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have never had cable in my life, chosing, instead to erect an antenna and catch broadcast channels. My antenna and short 5' mast cost about $100. I got the YAGI type instead of the UHF only because the lower channels like 2 come in great with the yagi. I get well over 40 digital channels but I block out the foreign language and religious channels so that leaves me with about 30 usable channels.

I get great pictures as they come in uncompressed. In Cable, they compress the programs and some losses are encountered. Mine come in directly as transmitted.

In 20 years, at $100 per month, I estimate that I saved $20K and never paid a dime for my service! Hurricane IKE wrecked my antenna so I replaced it after the storm. Hurricane Rita didn't bother it a bit.

That's how I do it!

Flash

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Whatever you get Cam, make sure it works damn well, because I don't think your SO would appreciate me watching TV lying between the two of y'all when I spend the night.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Dad built one out of a piece of wood and some solid core copper wire, then made a splice to tap into the coax.

Top Bottom