• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I took it recently, a few years ago. It's easy, actually there were a bunch of older guys there.

You have purchase a deferment, for 1 year. But you have to hunt with a legal individual.

You can buy a license without the hunters safety class.

Once you pass the class, it will pop up the next time you buy a license. (says HE#)

While you're at it, don't forget to get HIP certified. They can ding you for that too. If you get a hunting license, and they don't ask you how many birds you killed last year, then you're not hip certified.

What is HIP??

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    So at the ripe old age of 28 I'm finally looking into learning how to hunt. I know first off I need the Hunter's Education card thingy but one odd thing comes up on the website explaining the process. It says:

So if I get this correctly even at the age of 28 I need to find someone who already has their hunters education to drag down to the 2 day academy class? Or am I missing something here?

The "Accompanied" statement has NOTHING to do with the class. Simply explaining how you can actually hunt at different ages without a hunter safety certificate. After completing course at your age you are good to hunt alone.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They ask "how's my birds did you shoot last year", you tell them how many.

They want to use it to track the number of dove being shot but I highly doubt it's accuracy.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Harvest information program. They use it to monitor bird hunting on the federal level. In order to be certified, just ask the person who is selling you your hunting license. They will ask you some questions about how many birds of different species you shot last year, even if the answer to every question is zero. At the end of the survey, you will become HIP certified.

There are several levels of participation. At the beginning of every season, they send me a postage paid envelope, and I send them one wing from every bird I shoot in the first two weeks. They use that information to determine the age of the birds being shot, which enables them to estimate what is known as the young-of-the-year.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Harvest information program. They use it to monitor bird hunting on the federal level. In order to be certified, just ask the person who is selling you your hunting license. They will ask you some questions about how many birds of different species you shot last year, even if the answer to every question is zero. At the end of the survey, you will become HIP certified.

There are several levels of participation. At the beginning of every season, they send me a postage paid envelope, and I send them one wing from every bird I shoot in the first two weeks. They use that information to determine the age of the birds being shot, which enables them to estimate what is known as the young-of-the-year.

How big is this envelope?
    I've usually killed and ate 50 by 2 weeks.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Wow, I never got an envelope.

Top Bottom