• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    'We have an extensive camera network which is sufficient to support the effective operation of the scheme. Anyone driving a non-compliant vehicle within the expanded zone will be detected and we advise everyone to check whether their vehicle is compliant and to consider the various support that is available to help transition to greener modes of transport.'

Coming to U.S. cities soon.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Coming to U.S. cities soon.
    WTF do you mean coming? That shit is already been in place in the big cities for years. They just lie and say its traffic cameras & people eat that shit up. I remember Houston doing the red light cameras which was shut down. We can run as long as we don't have a credit card & a cell phone tracking our asses too. Modern vehicles just another spying device same with the stupid shit buy like computers TV's & electric cooled pony harnesses.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    WTF do you mean coming? That shit is already been in place in the big cities for years. They just lie and say its traffic cameras & people eat that shit up. I remember Houston doing the red light cameras which was shut down. We can run as long as we don't have a credit card & a cell phone tracking our asses too. Modern vehicles just another spying device same with the stupid shit buy like computers TV's & electric cooled pony harnesses.

The article was about the cameras detecting "non-compliant" vehicles specifically in reference to emissions. We don't yet have that here, so yes, so that's what the **** I mean by coming soon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The article was about the cameras detecting "non-compliant" vehicles specifically in reference to emissions. We don't yet have that here, so yes, so that's what the **** I mean by coming soon.
    Oh, we already have those here. License plate readers will tell all of that info.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    If worried about being tracked on your so-called 'smart phone' supposedly there's one now on the market that doesn't track you. That's their big selling aspect, though I'm still sceptical.

Erik Prince (see Blackwater PMC) is selling them.

I think they're called 'Unplugged' or something like that...me, I still don't want one...don't care to get addicted.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    \
    Oh, we already have those here. License plate readers will tell all of that info.

Though not being used to "check whether their vehicle is compliant and to consider the various support that is available to help transition to greener modes of transport.' I'm assuming that they (Brits) are not yet fining the owners by that statement, but will be at some time in the near future.
    I'm not debating whether we have the infrastructure, but we are not yet to the point of notifying an owner of a vehicle that it is in some way "non-compliant" emissions wise . Hence my reply, "coming to U.S. cities soon.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    \

Though not being used to "check whether their vehicle is compliant and to consider the various support that is available to help transition to greener modes of transport.' I'm assuming that they (Brits) are not yet fining the owners by that statement, but will be at some time in the near future.
    I'm not debating whether we have the infrastructure, but we are not yet to the point of notifying an owner of a vehicle that it is in some way "non-compliant" emissions wise . Hence my reply, "coming to U.S. cities soon.
    They are absolutely doing the American version of exactly that. Plate scanner pings back that you have not had emissions inspection or failed emissions inspection and “boink!”
    You get a fine in the mail or are pulled over for cause.
    Pings back that you have unpaid parking tickets? “Boink!” Boot crew comes out and immobilizes your vehicle.

Don’t delude yourself. They are here, and working as designed.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    They are absolutely doing the American version of exactly that. Plate scanner pings back that you have not had emissions inspection or failed emissions inspection and “boink!”
    You get a fine in the mail or are pulled over for cause.
    Pings back that you have unpaid parking tickets? “Boink!” Boot crew comes out and immobilizes your vehicle.

Don’t delude yourself. They are here, and working as designed.

Yes, the use of readers to pickup on unregistered vehicles is common in the US. One reason for vehicle not being registered could include failure to have your car inspected. While tangential, that is not the same thing as how the ULEZ cameras work.
    6 to one.... I suppose.

So allow me clarify my original reply..

Coming soon to U.S. cities. Cameras that query a database and give you a pass or fail based on emission specs for specific make and model of your vehicle, as well as the sector of the city you enter.

Top Bottom