Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Considering that their nuclear forces are probably in at least the same shape if not worse,

my dad always told me half the Russia nukes wouldnt even launch and blow up in their silos.

These things were fascinating to me when I watched the video I posted above.

In brief, since I assume most people haven't bothered to watch it, the analyst speaking says that Putin could
    • Not use nukes, which he thinks is most likely,
    • Use nukes, ushering in a world of hurt for everybody, or
    • Try to use the nukes and find out they are just as fubar as the rest of his armed forces and don't work.
    In the first two cases, we have ideas how to respond. But what happens in the third case? If Putin orders the use of nukes, we'll know because there enough holes in their communications security for us to easily find out.

How should the western world respond if Russia tries to blow up the world and fails? Like the analyst, I have no idea. I doubt anyone in positions of power has any solid ideas, either.
    Military Camp

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

In brief, since I assume most people haven't bothered to watch it, the analyst speaking says that Putin could
    • Try to use the nukes and find out they are just as fubar as the rest of his armed forces and don't work.
    In the first two cases, we have ideas how to respond. But what happens in the third case? If Putin orders the use of nukes, we'll know because there enough holes in their communications security for us to easily find out.

How should the western world respond if Russia tries to blow up the world and fails? Like the analyst, I have no idea. I doubt anyone in positions of power has any solid ideas, either.
    Beyond pointing and laughing at the mess he created, me neither. Cause the realization of a major disaster and cleanup depending on what types of malfunctions would soon be apparent.

Then would the world and Russians demand Putins head to save face and keep from invasion?

It would be a mess regardless. Their whole nuke infrastructure seems stuck in the early 80s. I'm talking technology and equipment not just nukes that arent tested. They seem to have no domestic technology production infrastructure, not with the ability to mass produce anything competently.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

If he attempts to use nukes, at least a few will likely work as advertised. The answer, then, is retaliatory strikes. Maybe (maybe) not nuclear, but if Russia manages to nuke a US or European city, I'd be hard pressed not to think the instant vaporization of Vladimir's immediate vicinity was not warranted. At the very least the nuclear option would need to be decisively and dynamically removed from Russia's arsenal through conventional means.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

If he initiates a nuke attack, we would respond before knowing if he was successful.

Greenzilla80

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    Hutto
    A few points of Russian interest for those of you who enjoy a trip around google maps:

64.579728,39.813298 - A Russian submarine base. The one pinpointed looks kinda like the Posedion that just went missing. But while you're there, feel free to look around that port.

69.084899, 33.425499 - A Russian Naval base. This marker points at their Slava Class cruiser "Marshall Ustinov"

69.100354, 33.441170 - A Russian submarine being loaded/offloaded with ordinance. Those blocks to the south of it are counterweights for when they remove ordinance and need to keep the boat from rising up too much. If you look to the east and north/east of the boat, those are nuclear ordinance bunkers where they keep the nuclear missiles/bombs/etc. From what I have been able to find, this is the main storage (there's still some auxiliary storage areas) for all of Russia's nukes. Notice this is all right at the tippy top of the continent. Close for them to launch things over the NP, Canada and into the US - but also easy for us to do the same with all of our launch sites.

69.202717, 33.457603 - The Polyarny Naval base is right up the river from the sub base

69.259631, 33.340694 - The Skalisty submarine base is right near by there as well.

69.248305, 33.233076 - Sayda-Guba now serves as the storage location for reactor compartments from decommissioned Russian nuclear submarines

59.514697, 59.057221 - Kosvinsky Mountain in the Urals is the site of the Russian Strategic Rocket Forces alternate command post. This deep underground command post for the general staff was built to compensate for the vulnerability of older command posts in the Moscow region. In early 1996 it was reported that Russia had finished the new underground command and control center at Kosvinsky Mountain. Said to be designed to resist US earth-penetrating warheads, the command and control facility was said to be equal to the American Cheyenne Mountain Complex. According to a 1997 CIA report obtained by the Washington Times from defense sources, construction work was continuing on a "nuclear-survivable, strategic command post at Kosvinsky Mountain," located deep in the Ural Mountains, about 850 miles east of Moscow. "The command post at Kosvinsky appears to provide the Russians with the means to retaliate against a nuclear attack," according to the CIA report.

54.239568, 58.058962 - Soviet Command Nuclear Bunker and possible Nuclear Storage area

80.797839, 47.560930 - Nagurskoye Military Airport - Russia's northernmost military base that I'm aware of. It's been added to within the past year.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    crimea_boom.jpg
    crimea_boom1.jpg

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    None of this crap would have gone down - beginning with Russia invading Ukraine to start with if the 2020 election hadn't of been stolen using fraud and out and out vote manipulation. Trump would be POTUS. He would have told Putin that Ukraine would not be part of NATO and that we would not take kindly to an invasion. Trump held Putin at bay for his 4 years and he would have continued to do so.

However, that is not what happened. And so we find ourselves being lead by a fool being controlled by a bunch of idiot communist/NWO fools who are really motivated by lining their own pockets.

We are on the cusp of another national election. The commies got away with their election fraud in 2020 and so I fully expect that they will make a go of it again. That has been their historic response to getting away with their crimes - Biden is continuing to rake in money through his criminal family even as he's being threatened with investigation - they just don't care bc they've gotten away with it for so long.

So the question is, if they cheat again and it throws the results just what are we the people going to do do this time?

We will really only have two choices... accept the situation and lay down or change things. If the ballot box fails, we need to resort to the ammo box... not good but better than become a slave nation.

Quimico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2022
    Sugar Land
    None of this crap would have gone down - beginning with Russia invading Ukraine to start with if the 2020 election hadn't of been stolen using fraud and out and out vote manipulation. Trump would be POTUS. He would have told Putin that Ukraine would not be part of NATO and that we would not take kindly to an invasion. Trump held Putin at bay for his 4 years and he would have continued to do so.

However, that is not what happened. And so we find ourselves being lead by a fool being controlled by a bunch of idiot communist/NWO fools who are really motivated by lining their own pockets.

We are on the cusp of another national election. The commies got away with their election fraud in 2020 and so I fully expect that they will make a go of it again. That has been their historic response to getting away with their crimes - Biden is continuing to rake in money through his criminal family even as he's being threatened with investigation - they just don't care bc they've gotten away with it for so long.

So the question is, if they cheat again and it throws the results just what are we the people going to do do this time?

We will really only have two choices... accept the situation and lay down or change things. If the ballot box fails, we need to resort to the ammo box... not good but better than become a slave nation.
    Hahaha, not sure how you got all that out with trump's rooster in your mouth

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom