ARJ Defense ad

UPS store and UPS depot in palestine texas refused to ship my long gun today..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Did everyone catch that the guy was trying to ship the rifle himself, to a NON FFL holder?

There may have been/may be some law that allows this IN STATE. But as far as I know - one must ship a gun to an FFL on the other end
    He said he was shipping in state. You can ship out of state to a non FFL also, under some circumstances.
    Capitol Armory ad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    These situations all drive me nuts lately. I should should me able to ship a freakin M1A1 tank wherever-TF I want! STFU and ship my package! The entire concept if ridiculous and makes me want to slap someone. Dont worry, it's not your momma.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    These situations all drive me nuts lately. I should should me able to ship a freakin M1A1 tank wherever-TF I want! STFU and ship my package! The entire concept if ridiculous and makes me want to slap someone. Dont worry, it's not your momma.

would be more fun to drive it...

just sayin. i bet you wouldn't get cut off!

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    FedEx ships firearms no problem. Rifles can go ground but pistols have to go ovenright or two day express. Just sent my M1A in to Springfield today and had to clear that up with the new clerk at the counter.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    FedEx ships firearms no problem. Rifles can go ground but pistols have to go ovenright or two day express. Just sent my M1A in to Springfield today and had to clear that up with the new clerk at the counter.

FedEX wants an FFL at the receiving end from my experience with them.

USPS will ship long guns, just declare it and away you go.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well it did go to Springfield, so that was probably why since they have a contract with them per the email I got when I did have an issue today.

I’m sorry. It’s a rifle and they don’t have to go overnight or express. Per Fed-Ex rules only handguns need to. Did you talk to someone in management? We have a contract with Fed-Ex and we ship all of our rifles this way.

Tracy Inglis

Springfield Armory
    Repair Department
    420 W Main Street
    Geneseo, IL 61254

medalguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    New Mexico
    Folks, we're discussing (and cussing) apples and oranges here.

UPS has its rules and tariffs, and the feds have law. They are different. Laws tell UPS what they can and cannot do IN THE EYES OF THE GOVERNMENT. Their rules say what they and their employees may do in regards to company policy. We all (I think) know what the federal law says we can and cannot do so far as shipping a firearm. However, UPS has gone further and made up their own rules as to what they are willing to do for us, the customer. And they have decided, in their infinite wisdom, that thet will NOT carry firearms except between federally licensed dealers. Period.

What UPS wants to do and what Fedex wants to do are entirely different animals. If either one decides they will ship .22 cal ammo but not .25 cal ammo, then that's what they will accept for shipment. Either one does not violate federal law, so they may make a decision on their own about that. Kinda like I won't sell a firearm at a gun show to a smartass. That's not a violation of federal law, but it's my rule.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    So UPS doesn't want to ship between individuals now!? Weak...

This is why you don't tell them. You are shipping end mills, or golf clubs. Or go to the Post Office next time.

Machine parts or sporting equipment. ;)

Use USPS instead. In my experience, they don't know the regulations, and don't care.

Eli

Ok, now I'm pretty sure we're in the "against the law" category.

Did everyone catch that the guy was trying to ship the rifle himself, to a NON FFL holder?

There may have been/may be some law that allows this IN STATE. But as far as I know - one must ship a gun to an FFL on the other end

Intrastate shipping of a long gun between individuals is completely legal under Texas and Federal laws. No FFL destination is required in this situation. Likewise, you can ship to yourself (say you're going on vacation in another state or something like that). You can ship it directly to yourself care of someone at your destination provided that you are the one that opens the package. Again, no FFL required.

scubastasia

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I'm sure other major carriers will follow suite.

Actually... looks like they already did (unless I'm missing something) Sept. 6th 2011.

FedEx

1. Firearms
      1. Carrier will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
        1. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S.or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
        2. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
      2. Carrier cannot ship or deliver firearms C.O.D.
      3. Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm.
      4. The shipper and recipient must be of legal age as identified by applicable law.
      5. The shipper and recipient are required to comply with all applicable government regulations and laws, including those pertaining to labeling. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives can provide assistance.
      6. Carrier will transport small-arms ammunition when packed and labeled in compliance with local, state and federal law, and the Hazardous Materials section of this Service Guide. Ammunition is an explosive and must be shipped separately as hazardous materials. You agree not to ship loaded firearms or firearms with ammunition in the same package.

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    Make friends with a local gun dealer.That's why I like to buy local, sometimes you pay a little more but in the long run your gun store will do things for you.Like shipping guns.Give it a try, support your local independent gun store.

Murfdog

speedy223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    crockett
    at the end of the day it is just easier to remember that it sucks to sell a gun. i have collected for 12 years with zero probs till i tried to sell some ( albeit with the worthy goals of getting a really cool one)

for those of you that try it..highly recommend not to listen to those that recommend NOT declaring...it is ILLEGAL and IMHO denigrates firearms owners as irresposible etc... by declaring you ensure the carrier has to treat it like a gun... what are you going to do if it gets stolen in transit? kinda hard to report it correctly when you have to admit you DID NOT give the carrier the added incentive to make sure an ADULT at the other end signed for it right? just part of our responsibility as gun owners to uphold the laws and do right as long as they dont infringe on our rights to KEEP and BEAR arms.

once and for all UPS does not do this period. to those who keep saying that UPS Hub vs store i dont know... all I know is that I walked in and ASKED those clowns and they said they would with no caveat until halfway through. In other words wasting my time. when the dude suddenly started giving me the third degree about destination (instate mind you) THAT is why i got peed off, he could have saved us both time and asked me where and stated the rules/conditions when I went in EMPTY HANDED to make sure it would be cool.THis is the how it went: ( Me : excuse me sir, I need to ship a rifle instate, is that possible here? Man: yes, absolutely, do you need a Box? Me; yes, in fact UPS HUB sent me here since I did not have one. Man: no problem, bring it in and we will fix you up!..) so that is why i took it in there and that is why I got so pissed, UPS HUB SENT ME THERE and THEY SAID THEY WOULD. Either way i have never liked UPS customer service whether delivering car parts or personal packages and this seals the deal.

I held that dude more accountable cuz he started mouthing that " i worked for NRA for 12 years and it is ILLEGAL to ship a gun to a non FFL". I said "it is intra state" .... he replied " that makes NO difference it is still illegal" (not against policy mind you, ILLEGAL big difference). that kind of ignorance needs to be stamped out or at least cussed out in people who claim to be firearms experts... and while it may not bother anyone else, i don't appreciate anyone let alone a supposed "experienced" gunowner accuse me of a felony with no factual basis...could be just me

Yes, they do have that right to refuse. I would like to state however that as long as we keep giving them our money it will just keep enabling corporations to restrict individual rights. I am not comfortable with discrimination against gun owners, and will continue to deprive UPS of my business if at all possible from here on.

Thanks for the kind words from some of you..that was a bad day..mostly due to the poor customer service/incompetence that pervades most businesses in this area and I guess the feeling that one day we as gunowners are truly going to be harassed for our choices in every business and location and by all branches of the government... I have always been a strong proponent of gun rights/freedom and it saddens me to see how California and other ENTIRE states have passively accepted massive restrictions on freedom for gun owners. It Proves it will one day happen here especially when you consider the generation that is up and coming to dilute the electorate. We are going to miss lots of voters currently in their 70's and 80's like my parents who have tirelessly voted to protect freedoms through out their lives.wait till the Occupy crowds are deciding our second ammendment's "fate" as if it was unclearly written or subject to interpretation by an elected official.

Remember: 1. try not to sell your guns :)

Top Bottom