• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We do go in and whack cartel leaders from time to time. It's just done very much on the downlow and nobody gets to hear about it. ;)

liek that book "clear and present danger"

(awesome book - awful movie, where does defoe {sp} get of playing john clark anyway?)
    Guns International

Farmboy Marine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    Mexico needs to get wise and quit bashing America. If they don't like how we run things, then get the hell out. They cry when we make a commentary on their flag, but then turn around and burn ours.

I'm tired off all the Mexican'ts who want us to feel sorry for their country and accept their way of life. If they LOOOVE Mexico so much, why don't they all just stay there? This is the United States and, after seeing what they did to their country, I'm glad we're different. Texas used to be a part of Mexico but once we got a hold of it we turned it into the best friggin' state in the nation!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Mexico needs to get wise and quit bashing America. If they don't like how we run things, then get the hell out. They cry when we make a commentary on their flag, but then turn around and burn ours.

I'm tired off all the Mexican'ts who want us to feel sorry for their country and accept their way of life. If they LOOOVE Mexico so much, why don't they all just stay there? This is the United States and, after seeing what they did to their country, I'm glad we're different. Texas used to be a part of Mexico but once we got a hold of it we turned it into the best friggin' state in the nation!
    hooooo ahhhhh

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    berto40 said:
    Could you imagine what our new tax bill/burden would be if we had to take over a third world country such as Mexico!?

I suppose you consider Mexico to be a third world country because it is full of poor Mexicans?

Actually, being a Federal Republic, it is a first world country.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I suppose you consider Mexico to be a third world country because it is full of poor Mexicans?

Dude, how many people do you know in Mexico?
    I have a friend that moved down there to Mexico city. Yea, a white guy.. He was doing mission work and while there he married a girl. Brought her back to the states and married her again.

Mexico sucks for the working class citizen.. Most of the population lives below poverty standards. The government owns, controlls, and profits from everything! From what little bit my friends new wife experianced in Wheaterford Texas, she fell in love with America. Yea after they married in the states they went back to Mexico, but after her pestering him about everything American, they now live in Wheatherford...
    This girls family was considered Ritch in Mexico, but by American standard, she felt poor.. Moving to middle class America made this girl go form being Mexico ritch to an " IMPROOVED" Broke ass American..
    So I know for a fact that being a Broke ass American is a lot better that being Mexico Ritch!!!!
    Mexico sucks and the Citizens of that country will never be free to capitalize as long as their Government stays the same.
    Their governement is exactly what our government is trying to do to America!!!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Doggone how times change...Villa Acuna, later renamed Ciudad Acuna, the fun place for young Airmen out of the bases in San Antonio and young boys and men all over West Texas.
    Fifteen cent Carta Blanca beer for anybody old and tall enough to hand it over the bar. "Hostesses" in the bars in "Boy's Town" to tend to most any need for "dos pesos", they got the pesos and the customer bought a chance on a dose. Beef half carcasses hanging in the open air meat markets covered with flies, street venders selling everything from a car wash out of a bucket to aspirin that they claimed was spanish fly. That was old Mexico. Absolutely delicious Mexican food that might be related to dog,cat, burro, whatever...

Then when normal folks got tired of the illegal assault upon their pocketbooks by American Pharmaceuticals, they found the same RXs in Mexico , made by the same companies for a much lower cost. They flocked to Mexico with their Prescriptions or obtained them there and stocked up with affordable medicine, legal to bring back across.

And when liquor and wine and beer became less popular in the US to relax and cloud harsh reality, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamines took over with some Americans and Mexico was right there for them. Except it was illegal but illegality never botheres Mexico with it's mordido or bribe system. But the drug people who grew and grew richer got tokilling off each other in seeking their fair share of the dope market and turned Mexico into a battleground. American dopeheads seem to be able to obtain it.

Moral of the story....Mexico is still a cesspool !

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

It hasn't been a republic since Santa Ana's regime dissolved that form of government.

And I was always under the impression that "third world" referred to quality of life and economic conditions.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Then when normal folks got tired of the illegal assault upon their pocketbooks by American Pharmaceuticals, they found the same RXs in Mexico , made by the same companies for a much lower cost. They flocked to Mexico with their Prescriptions or obtained them there and stocked up with affordable medicine, legal to bring back across.

... you might want to look into why drugs cost so much here as opposed to the rest of the world. The truth is pretty shocking. (Hint: It ain't pharma's fault.)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I have no problems with the Mexican people or with Mexico. In fact, Cozumel is my favorite place to go outside of the USA. That being said, I'm fed up with people and nations bad mouthing us.

In statistics, there is a standard distribution bell curve. I learned about group dynamics by applying the bell curve to people. It goes like this: If distribution is purely random, about 12% of the people will love you no matter what you do. Similarly, about 12% of the people will hate your guts no matter what you do. The vast majority of the people in the middle of the curve don't give a flip about you one way or another.

Knowing this, if nations or groups of people openly hate us, we need to accept that and act accordingly. Busting our butts to please them or to make them like us is a waste of time, money and effort. If they say they hate us, we place them on the shit list and act accordingly. We waste our effort on folks who hate us. It's time to stop that.

Flash

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I have no problems with the Mexican people or with Mexico. In fact, Cozumel is my favorite place to go outside of the USA. That being said, I'm fed up with people and nations bad mouthing us.

In statistics, there is a standard distribution bell curve. I learned about group dynamics by applying the bell curve to people. It goes like this: If distribution is purely random, about 12% of the people will love you no matter what you do. Similarly, about 12% of the people will hate your guts no matter what you do. The vast majority of the people in the middle of the curve don't give a flip about you one way or another.

Knowing this, if nations or groups of people openly hate us, we need to accept that and act accordingly. Busting our butts to please them or to make them like us is a waste of time, money and effort. If they say they hate us, we place them on the shit list and act accordingly. We waste our effort on folks who hate us. It's time to stop that.

Flash

+100!

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    It hasn't been a republic since Santa Ana's regime dissolved that form of government.

And I was always under the impression that "third world" referred to quality of life and economic conditions.

It's a common misconception, generally a "First World Country" is a country with a system of government resembling a Democracy such as the United States. A Second World Country refers to a Communist system of government, and a Third World Country is anything else, often a despotism. A place can be a horrid dump and still be a First World Country (Iraq is now, technically, a First World Country) but you'll be hard pressed to find a nice Third World Country.

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    There is actually a radical movement seeking return of the SW United States to Mexico. I don't know how extensive the movement is, but its proponents are intensely serious. Obama seems to accept the idea that there's nothing special about our American nation or its laws (note his recent speech referring to Indians, French, and Mexican residents living along with other early Americans in this country). At any rate, when somebody flies the Mexican flag in this country, they are subjecting their flag and themselves to political opposition. Mockery and ridicule are legitimate weapons in the combat of ideas. The idea of Mexican supremecy over any territory of the United States ought to be mocked. If it hurts your feelings to see an image of the Mexican flag with a dead eagle on it, then urge your fellow travelers to stop flying that flag on this side of the border. This is not Mexico. That's reality.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    There is actually a radical movement seeking return of the SW United States to Mexico. I don't know how extensive the movement is, but its proponents are intensely serious.

Oh its extensive...and our taxes partially support it with millions of $$ of grant money each year.
    National Council of La Raza | Take Action

The idea is to repopulate the southland and take it over.

And it is working in CA.
    Former State Speaker and future Treasurer:
    Fabian Núñez - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    La Raza Politician?s Son Charged In Gang Murder | Judicial Watch

Mayor of one of the most influential cities in CA:
    Antonio Villaraigosa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    VDARE.com: 06/01/01 - MEChA, Villaraigosa And The June 5 LA Mayoral Election

Be afraid...be very afraid.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's a common misconception, generally a "First World Country" is a country with a system of government resembling a Democracy such as the United States. A Second World Country refers to a Communist system of government, and a Third World Country is anything else, often a despotism. A place can be a horrid dump and still be a First World Country (Iraq is now, technically, a First World Country) but you'll be hard pressed to find a nice Third World Country.

Looks like we're both right: Third World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cliffs - "Third world" is colloquially used to describe poor-ass country that sucks. Like Mexico.

Apparently it was used to describe countries that chose to neither align with Communism or Capitalism. I'd put Mexico in that group since their economy doesn't really resemble either of those.

Funny thing is that Communist countries usually have living conditions that are only a notch or two above what are typically found in the Third World.

Top Bottom