• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    It ends up being 22,000$ for each of the new graduates in America. Are illegal immigrants worth it when most graduates are underpaid or underemployed?

My opinion is that it's not worth it. Have the government save it's cash and punish those who decide to rely on the government instead of getting a job. Have the government cut foreign aid. Have the government audit the money spent.

Still my opinion- why do we want to pay the government so much? What have they done for us to show appreciation for our support every year? If I spent the money that I spend on income tax on guns/travel/gifts for my family I'm sure I personally would be happier. Why can't we decide how to spend our money?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here is the breakdown of votes.

359 Yes

67 No

It passed by a margin of 145 votes.

Congressional Bills and Votes - NYTimes.com

"But most have aligned with the speaker in what Republican leaders say is a growing realization that incremental moves toward governance are better than the purist, ideological stands demanded by the right."

From this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/u...-house-passes-1-1-trillion-spending-bill.html

So, incremental moves are better...but the only "victories" I see the GOP winning in this budget skirmish are blocking some EPA moves. So they are anti-EPA but funding Obama's amnesty and Obama's healthcare debacle.

If that isn't hauling water for the corporations I don't know what is.

From the above article

"“We can push large ideas out of the House and say, ‘This is what we feel is the right thing to do,’ but if we’re going to actually move things, they’re going to have to be smaller things,” said Representative James Lankford of Oklahoma, a member of the Republican leadership."

and this gem, speaking on the tea party

“If I started voting how they want me to, versus what I think is right, then they’ve already won,” said Representative Mike Simpson, Republican of Idaho, who is dealing with one of the best-financed Tea Party challenges of this campaign year. “Eh, it is what it is.”

All this momentum and THIS is what they do with it? I know their motto is to live to fight again another day, kick the can down the road to the new congress and let them do the fighting.

Ted Cruz needs to find a real leader in the house and do everything possible to elevate him and her into a leadership position.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I hope it was a roll call vote. Because I am fed up with the so called republicans selling us out. If I find my congress critter voted for this, I will never vote for him again.

I am starting to think that Dr. Savage is right and a civil war is coming. I am starting to think that may not be such a bad thing.

When the United States was formed it was formed by 13 sovereign nations into a republic. In essence it was the first united nations. We elect representatives to represent the will of the people they represent. That would be their congressional district first, the state second and lastly the United States. They seem to forget that along with the constitution which does not give the president power over immigration.

The preamble to the Constitution says something about "We the people do ordain and establish." Think about it. If we the people have the power to ordain and establish, they conversely we the people have the power to dis-ordain and disestablish. Maybe it is time.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow. SNAFU in the US House. Final vote is this afternoon. Bill was almost killed this morning. People switching votes at the last minute and procedural trickery are being used. See how it goes today.

Top Bottom