• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Houston
    This is not necessarily a good thing. I do not want to see MRAPs in my neighborhood rounding up citizens in some kind of armed insurrection. Cops are there to "Protect and Serve", but who's agenda?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bet our police dept signs up to get one so they will have another parade vehicle to go along with their SWAT truck

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Katy
    Honestly, I don't care if SWAT teams wanna transition from the standard SWAT trucks to using these. There's little to no difference other than the fact that they have more defensive capability with more armor. I have yet to see any SWAT teams buying or weilding crew-served weapons in the turrets, so to me it's no real different from any other armored vehicle they want to use. Also, yeah, this is a massive waste of taxpayer money.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Dadgum you. You just made me click onto jalopnik. There goes the next hour or two.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I cannot believe that there will never be another use for them in the military. Are they going to build another $50 billion worth for the next war?

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Katy
    I cannot believe that there will never be another use for them in the military. Are they going to build another $50 billion worth for the next war?

The problem is not that there's no use for them. The probem is that the budget cuts are too much to maintain the current fleet, and personnel cuts are such that there wouldn't be enough people to man them all.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    The problem is not that there's no use for them. The probem is that the budget cuts are too much to maintain the current fleet, and personnel cuts are such that there wouldn't be enough people to man them all.

Then they're going about this all backwards. I say they start drafting police!

Top Bottom