• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    We sent the FNGs out for stuff, mostly to gain familiarization with the shops in the unit and find out who was running the show. Sky hooks, keys to the aircraft, 50 yards of flightline....all good things.

I saw one flightline nugget go out and pull an exhaust sample wearing cold weather coveralls, a watchcap, gloves, and a facemask. In North Carolina. In July. After he came back in the shop, he got sent back out for a hot exhaust sample. One of the funniest things I ever saw.

But then we sent a new Avionics nugget out for a flux capacitor. He didn't have a car, so he walked to every Harrier unit, every EA-6B unit, every C-130 unit, every MALS unit, and even NADEP. Resourceful fella that he was, he hit the command building and asked for a list of units assigned to Cherry Point. Then he walked out to Cryo -- about 9 miles, one way. He was gone for three days. Never did find the flux capacitor.

Burke

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Azle
    I remember a girl walking just over a mile back to our shop from NDI with her boots after her steel toes failed inspection. She had them slung over her shoulder with red tags on them.

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    Sent a NUG out for Fallopian tube, after he asked me the technical name for the rubber gasket we were using to seal munitions containers.

Came back two hours later in full chem gear, dragging a Class A fire extinguisher in one hand and holding...very gingerly...some rubber hose in the other. Supply told him that Fallopian Tubes would mess up his whole life so he was...careful...

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    We used to send people after the keys to a particular jet. They would call around on the radio and be led to all the shops looking for non-existant keys.

My favorite was to send them to the tool crib for a metric crescent wrench.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    • Cav Scout: Follows the snake, calls a fire mission. Blows the snake to bits but leaves the rattler so the Rangers can claim a war kill.

FIFY ;)

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    How about sending the FNG to get 50 yards of flight line...............................

and he comes back with 50 yards of expeditious flight line that he reconned on the other side of the base and also stole the forklift he picked it up with?

or the FNG who was told "to get some prop wash and don't come back until you have some." He was gone for 2 weeks, listed as UA, and returned with a can of "prop wash" he found at a C-130 unit over 200 miles away!

BTW: How about the Marine that just kills the snake for lunch and looks for its family for dinner?
    I got had on the flight line, and looking for a 50lb bag of blips for the radar screen

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    We used to send people after the keys to a particular jet. They would call around on the radio and be led to all the shops looking for non-existant keys.

My favorite was to send them to the tool crib for a metric crescent wrench.
    Or a left handed screw driver.

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    We liked to have guys get brake fluid samples off of the HEMTT. Or even a case of grid squares. Supply gave him about 20 maps and the smallest pair of scissors he could find.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    I remember the 1SG sending a brand new Lt off for train tickets when we were rail-heading for a Hohenfels trip. He got all the way to Regimental HQ before he learned his lesson.

Can of squelch anyone???

Check for soft spots on bottom armor with a hammer and a piece of chalk??

Blank firing adapter for the 25mm Bushmaster canon on the Bradley??

They were all good.

Bucket of squelch; you beat me to it. :-)

"Check your headspace and timing"

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Can't send them for chem light batteries anymore. They now sell electronic chem lights. It works like neon with an electrical charge to excite the gases inside the light.

Top Bottom