• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    I think that the real question here is fixed magnification vs variable magnification. If I am reading that wrong, I apologize.

Personally I would go with a lesser quality optic with variable magnification. The ACOG is a nice optic, I just don't like the lack of flexibility of a fixed magnification. That is why I think the VCOG is going to be such a hit.

The Eotech is a good optic, and with a magnifier you have flexibility to do short or longer range shooting. You could of course obtain the same results by adding an RMR to your ACOG setup. Just a thought.

I think that was kinda the gyst of my post, but I like where this thread has gone. Thanks btw everyone for your $.02.
    I have had a few variable zoom optics now.. but never a 1-4. I dont seem to use it much.. it pretty much stays on max.

I think I'll have to get my hands on a 1-4 and put some time in on it.. they seem to be the bee's knees.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Further to my first post on this thread: I've now had my EoTech EXPS3-0 HWS and G33 magnifier on my AR-15A1 out to the range about a dozen times now and can state with conviction that it's an awesome set-up for either CQB or engaging targets at distance. I have no problem keeping all shots within a 6" pie plate at 200 yds, either with the magnifier or not, and remember, this is with a pencil barrelled A1 with a crappy military trigger. With magnifier flipped over, I can easily distinguish the .22 cal. holes on a Birchwood-Casey reactive target at 200 yds. so seeing the exposed portion of a sniper, once I have zoned in on him and assuming he hasn't already killed me, won't be a problem. Zombies or Obamites, no problem. Next. I'll be heading out to Jacob's Plain for a try at some longer distances just for fun, though I won't be needing any shots greater than 150 yds. when I'm defending the Alamo.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Alan was shooting his M&P with an unmagnified Aimpoint Comp M2 out to 750 yards. Once we found the right hold-over, it was on target.

Sighted my AR and its new Trijicon Accupoint 1-4x at 250 yards. Had to be reminded that it was NOT only 100 yards away.

Magnified optics are overrated. Separate magnifiers aren't as good as a dedicated 1-?x variable power scope.

Top Bottom