• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    There are many in New York, California, and many other states that are not yet willing to take up very much action to fight the cause of protecting our 2A.

Just because there are many, not only unwilling to take up the cause of the RKBA but who rabidly
    support all forms of gun control, does not mean there are none there who vigorously support the RKBA. The truth is they are there but also are greatly outnumbered by they who support gun control. Another truth is that when the petty tyrant Cuomo and his minion came down hard on them with the S.A.F.E. Act, many gun owners in other states, at nationwide arms and ammunition dealerships, and in national gun rights organizations effectively turned their backs on us. I guess the NRA figured it just did not have enough members there shelling out enough cash to the NRA for the NRA to support us backs to the wall, guns blazing. Hell, no one else supported us like that and I think we were not yet suicidal.

The atmosphere there is unlike Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Montana, Tennessee, Texas or other states where the RKBA is held dear and sacred and wherein a large number of the population is supportive of the the right to keep & bear arms as opposed to being against it. NY has been poisoned by the leftist agenda in general, and particularly by the anti-gun sentiment, for well over a century. Yet, we who oppose the left stood up and continue to stand up against those injustices as best we can in our small number in that state. Even after leaving the state, I still try to do my small part to help the cause of the RKBA therein.

I am willing to bet, that should Cuomo try to effect mass firearms confiscations, that the majority of county sheriffs would not enforce such a confiscation and that there would be an armed revolt there as well. Many sheriffs already have refused to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act or at least certain aspects of it. The thing is, they will be outnumbered by the New York City Police Department (last I heard almost 40,000 sworn officers strong) and my guess is that they in great part the NYPD personnel would support the governor; although, I would hope to be wrong on that one. As for the NY National Guard, your guess is as good as mine.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Where's the NRA when you need them?
    Virginia Citizens Defense League is holding a Lobby Day Rally on January 20, 2020.
    Although I see the GOA represented, I don't see the NRA, yet their headquarters are in Fairfax, Va.
    List of Speakers:
    Stephen Willeford stopped a massacre at a church in Texas

Antonia Oakafor trains women college students to be able to protect themselves with a firearm

Dick Heller from the landmark U.S. Supreme Court case of DC v. Heller

Dr. Veronica Slootzsky, a psychiatrist in Northern Virginia

Cam Edwards, Bearing Arms and host of the Cam & Co Youtube channel

Jeff Katz, talkshow host on Richmond's powerhouse radio station WRVA

Erich Pratt, Senior Vice-President of Gun Owners of America

Sheriff Scott Jenkins of Culpeper County, willing to deputize thousands if necessary to save their gun rights

Sheriff Danny Diggs of York County, pledging to stand strong against infringements on the right to keep and bear arms

Anthony Myers, gun-rights activist from Suffolk

Senator Amanda Chase

Delegate Nick Freitas

Delegate John McGuire

From the VCDL website: https://www.vcdl.org/

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    If the you know what hits the fan don't count on the national guard to disobey orders. They have shot innocent civilians in the past and they would do it again. Civilians may have "assault" rifles but the military has tanks, other armored vehicle, aircraft, you name it. This would not be our muskets to their muskets fight. I predict a complete rollover by Virginia citizens. They may not comply but they wont fight.
    Tell that to the Russians who got their asses handed to them in Afghanistan by peasants who can't read.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Tell that to the Russians who got their asses handed to them in Afghanistan by peasants who can't read.
    I am basing my thoughts on the basis of past events in the US. Have you seen any sign of uprising by the peasants of the US? Perhaps the population has not turned in their banned magazines or whatever but no sign of resistance beyond that. How many people have been reimbursed for their bump stocks? This speaks better for the fortitude of the Afghans then our citizens. In past events the national guard has fired on and killed American citizens.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I well remember Kent State. That was a long time ago. Whether people in the U.S. will rise up against the totalitarianism of Virginia's government, or any other state, is beyond my ability to predict. However, none of us in the U.S., as far as I know, have had our homes and communities invaded by an army wanting to conquer us. Should that time arrive, the invader may find the same kind of welcome the Russians found.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I am basing my thoughts on the basis of past events in the US. Have you seen any sign of uprising by the peasants of the US? Perhaps the population has not turned in their banned magazines or whatever but no sign of resistance beyond that. How many people have been reimbursed for their bump stocks? This speaks better for the fortitude of the Afghans then our citizens. In past events the national guard has fired on and killed American citizens.
    Take a closer look at Virginia. Gun owners are mainly conservatives, and conservatives for the most part aren't ones to act out of hand. It hasn't gotten to a gun battle as of yet, but don't think they aren't ready for one. Gun owners in the United States make up a larger force than all the armies in the world combined.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I well remember Kent State. That was a long time ago. Whether people in the U.S. will rise up against the totalitarianism of Virginia's government, or any other state, is beyond my ability to predict. However, none of us in the U.S., as far as I know, have had our homes and communities invaded by an army wanting to conquer us. Should that time arrive, the invader may find the same kind of welcome the Russians found.
    Apples to oranges. Do you really think gun owners will line up and fight like the Battle of Concord? Comparing gun owners to unarmed students is a big mistake.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas

Peasants? It hasn't gotten even close to that point yet. But I agree that it's coming, whether next year or in 20 years. Do not ever sell short the resolve of folks to preserve their freedom and to fight tyranny. I think you're underestimating the resolve of those who love freedom. It's no different than it was 250 years ago.

And IMO the feds and/or state governments don't have the stomach to put into action and do what some of the insulated and completely uninformed politicians want, which would result in an all-out civil war and a shitload of "collateral damage" in their own view. Kind of like Texas exiting the Union if it were to ever happen......won't be one ounce of blood shed.

Last edited:

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Apples to oranges. Do you really think gun owners will line up and fight like the Battle of Concord? Comparing gun owners to unarmed students is a big mistake.
    If there were some part of your post that made sense, I would try to respond. Since there isn't, have a nice day.

Top Bottom