• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think it is foolish to leave a gun unsecured in a car but the punishment should be on the thief not the gunowner. Damage to the automobile and loss of the gun should deter a person from leaving it in a car.

This is one good reason that I despise states giving legal backing to "No guns" signs of any sort. No person should have to chose between forgoing exercising their right to defend themselves and carry the tools for the job, or commit a crime if they have to stop some place that has one of those retarded signs up.

Murder, assault, and threating violence against someone is already illegal - making the simple carrying of a tool illegal is 100% bullshit.

Here's a personal example - I am currently my mother in law's chauffer to and from her damn doctors appointments. Every single doctor's office she goes to is posted with 30.05/06/07 signs. Hospitals are no-go zones too. They're all posted up. Two weeks ago while at one of her appointments - she fucking spiked BP - waaaaaaaay high, couldn't breath, blood sugar thru the roof - they wheeled her from wound care (had an ulcer errupt on the bottom of her foot 2 months ago) to the ER. I had to go in and get brought up to speed. We had other errands to do. I *had* to leave my damn gun in the car, else I'd be committing a crime by simply carrying into the damn ER.

When I have to attend a meeting with my kid's teachers at school, I can't carry. When I teach my after school martial arts classes - I can't carry because its held in a school.

None of these places are special. None of these places are magically free from violence - if anything, hospitals and schools tend to be targets of violence - especially if you listen to the media. And its never a simple "there and back" trip to these places. So the choices are - 1.) go armed against the law 2.) leave the gun in the car 3.) leave the gun at home.

If I were a criminal inclined to commit violence against someone - your stupid ass sign isn't going to cause me any heart burn or cause me to change my thinking - instead it may embolden me because I know that few law-abiding types will be carrying there, so my victim pool is larger.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Anyone stupid enough to leave valuables in their vehicle, almost deserves to be robbed. Almost.

I hate a thief, but leaving things in your vehicle is just begging to be robbed of those valuables.

And a woman wearing a miniskirt almost deserves to be raped. Almost.

I hate rapists, but showing too much skin is just begging for it.

/S

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    And a woman wearing a miniskirt almost deserves to be raped. Almost.

I hate rapists, but showing too much skin is just begging for it.

/S
    Sorry but your analogy doesn't hold water and is in very poor taste, regardless of the sarcasm.

Being robbed of personal property isn't the same thing in any way as woman being raped.

You should know that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sorry but your analogy doesn't hold water and is in very poor taste, regardless of the sarcasm.

Being robbed of personal property isn't the same thing in any way as woman being raped.

You should know that.

It’s not about what’s taken.

But putting the blame on someone’s actions is exactly the same. Either way, you are blaming the person for leaving their good in view of pieces of shit. Moral posturing about the subject matter doesn’t change the parallels.

If you wouldn’t blame the woman, why would you blame the person who was robbed? Or “almost” blame them?

If it’s because you feel it would be too cruel to say it to one and not the other, it’s an emotional argument. Not a logical one.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    This is one good reason that I despise states giving legal backing to "No guns" signs of any sort. No person should have to chose between forgoing exercising their right to defend themselves and carry the tools for the job, or commit a crime if they have to stop some place that has one of those retarded signs up.

Murder, assault, and threating violence against someone is already illegal - making the simple carrying of a tool illegal is 100% bullshit.

Here's a personal example - I am currently my mother in law's chauffer to and from her damn doctors appointments. Every single doctor's office she goes to is posted with 30.05/06/07 signs. Hospitals are no-go zones too. They're all posted up. Two weeks ago while at one of her appointments - she fucking spiked BP - waaaaaaaay high, couldn't breath, blood sugar thru the roof - they wheeled her from wound care (had an ulcer errupt on the bottom of her foot 2 months ago) to the ER. I had to go in and get brought up to speed. We had other errands to do. I *had* to leave my damn gun in the car, else I'd be committing a crime by simply carrying into the damn ER.

When I have to attend a meeting with my kid's teachers at school, I can't carry. When I teach my after school martial arts classes - I can't carry because its held in a school.

None of these places are special. None of these places are magically free from violence - if anything, hospitals and schools tend to be targets of violence - especially if you listen to the media. And its never a simple "there and back" trip to these places. So the choices are - 1.) go armed against the law 2.) leave the gun in the car 3.) leave the gun at home.

If I were a criminal inclined to commit violence against someone - your stupid ass sign isn't going to cause me any heart burn or cause me to change my thinking - instead it may embolden me because I know that few law-abiding types will be carrying there, so my victim pool is larger.
    Exactly why the law needs to be changed. Other states have no signs that are enforceable. But it still allows for enforcing tresspass.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Bro, I am sure you are making an attempt at humor, but stolen guns are not used for good... they are used to murder, rob and destroy.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    I realize that but there seems no limit on the guns crooks have including glocks with switches and other automatic weapons. At least if I get ripped off they won’t be getting an expensive gun. If we really care about safety we unprogram our garage door opener every night. Install anti theft catalytic converter lock, you name it and crooks get around it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It’s not about what’s taken.

But putting the blame on someone’s actions is exactly the same. Either way, you are blaming the person for leaving their good in view of pieces of shit. Moral posturing about the subject matter doesn’t change the parallels.

If you wouldn’t blame the woman, why would you blame the person who was robbed? Or “almost” blame them?

If it’s because you feel it would be too cruel to say it to one and not the other, it’s an emotional argument. Not a logical one.
    You can't equate robbery of property with rape. And yes it may be an emotional argument, but I would be more emotional and enraged over my wife getting raped than losing a laptop to a thief in my vehicle.

And who is to blame? The thief? Yes and no. A thief is going to steal if the opportunity comes along. And leaving valuables in your vehicle is providing the opportunity for a thief to steal them. Many insurance companies also put the blame on the owner if reasonable steps are not taken to secure valuables in a vehicle.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I realize that but there seems no limit on the guns crooks have including glocks with switches and other automatic weapons. At least if I get ripped off they won’t be getting an expensive gun. If we really care about safety we unprogram our garage door opener every night. Install anti theft catalytic converter lock, you name it and crooks get around it.
    Cost or brand of the gun is irrelevant. An operating firearm that ends up in the hands of criminals is the bigger factor.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I’ve had a gun stolen from my locked hotel room. Out of my luggage. I had two guns stolen from my home. By a friend of a family member. If a legally owned well concealed firearm is stolen from my locked vehicle while in a public parking area- that shit is not on me. I am a responsible gun owner. The thief is a POS.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I’ve had a gun stolen from my locked hotel room. Out of my luggage. I had two guns stolen from my home. By a friend of a family member. If a legally owned well concealed firearm is stolen from my locked vehicle while in a public parking area- that shit is not on me. I am a responsible gun owner. The thief is a POS.
    A thief is a thief, and they do what thieves do, they steal stuff. Most are looking for a quick and easy score.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Cost or brand of the gun is irrelevant. An operating firearm that ends up in the hands of criminals is the bigger factor.
    Perhaps you ought to take that catalytic converter inside at night too. There is no way to prevent loss of your vehicle to a committed thief. Daughter had her car stolen from her driveway. I don’t think these people have any problem getting guns. Nothing we do will stop it unless the law changes to expand the use of lethal force. Taking my Taurus or not makes no difference.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Perhaps you ought to take that catalytic converter inside at night too. There is no way to prevent loss of your vehicle to a committed thief. Daughter had her car stolen from her driveway. I don’t think these people have any problem getting guns. Nothing we do will stop it unless the law changes to expand the use of lethal force. Taking my Taurus or not makes no difference.
    My G3c is my truck gun. It’s not the least expensive 9mm I own- but it sure does go bang when I press the trigger.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Anyone stupid enough to leave valuables in their vehicle, almost deserves to be robbed. Almost.

I hate a thief, but leaving things in your vehicle is just begging to be robbed of those valuables.
    Sounds almost like the reasoning of those who used to try to blame a rape on the victim's choice of attire.

If criminals were dealt with properly, there would be a lot less crime.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Sounds almost like the reasoning of those who used to try to blame a rape on the victim's choice of attire.

If criminals were dealt with properly, there would be a lot less crime.
    Just stop with making a comparison of robbery to rape. It isn't reasonable nor equivilant no matter how you try and justify it.

I would have expected better from someone that supposedly spent years in LE.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Just stop with making a comparison of robbery to rape. It isn't reasonable nor equivilant no matter how you try and justify it.

I would have expected better from someone that supposedly spent years in LE.
    Actually, they are a lot more alike than you might think. Rape is more to show power and control than sexual. Thieves and rapists are both telling you the same thing with their actions.

I control you. I have power over you.
    There is nothing you have that I can not take from you. Your idea of possession and safety are an illusion I can strip from you at anytime.
    You are here for MY benefit, not your own.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I tell this story occasionally.

In the late 80s/early 90s, I could still go to two a days with a shotgun in the window rack for dove seasons or Saturday film reviews with a deer rifle up there and nobody would touch it. I happen to know for a fact that more than schoolmate had a handgun in their vehicles, too. Just a vestige of an old farming town turning into a suburb.

Today I know my truck is perennially a top-3 most broken into vehicle and stealing firearms is a popular reason to break into my model truck. Hell I’ll even see if I can put together some data to tell that story. But that’s not the point. The point is the good Lord gave me the ability to think critically and in this instance, the risk of leaving of firearm unattended isn’t worth the reward. It ain’t the act of having a truck gun, it’s the act of being arrogant enough to think it can’t happen to you. And if it does, your firearm won’t end up in criminal hands.

I might be prideful, but I ain’t dumb.

Top Bottom