• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Actually my first active duty assignment was at a SAC base in Fla. In late '69 the bomb squadron and tankers deployed for Vietnam, so my job was to help medical support for the remaining active troops, but mostly wives and children left behind and retirees. It takes a lot of support for those on the front, and most appreciated someone left behind taking care of their families.
    For sure, we are totally dependent upon the logistics tail for support and in fact its how and why we win. I had a failure of a component and it was mfg by Texas Inst, I placed a priority 1 critical order and had it in my hands within 24 hrs from the US.
    DK Firearms

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    I learned sometime ago to ask the guy with the military hat on what he did first, before I answer. Chances are he was something somewhere back there...then I thank he profusely and tell him that had he not been there my plate of beans and mag full of bullets would have been empty. Could never have done my job without them.
    Sometimes that guy back there wasn't there. I remember stories of my dad and his brothers talking about WII and remember one that use to piss my Uncle off, every time he brought it up. He was always mad about the mess delivery he got on the front line, he said, they always got Silver Stars for the mess delivery, but the first shell they saw land anywhere close they dumped the chow in a ditch and went back to base. Not everyone gets to see what they would do in combat but we all took that oath and meant it. My time was a bit earlier than most, at 17, 1960, Navy, Fire Control Technician on DDG 214 during Cuban Crisis. No chance at front line but did make sure the 5"ers were on target. Didn't get much time on range, but did get to do the Garand at BC. Agree the video was a bit disturbing and you can buy anything. I think the Thank You for your service is out of Viet Nam guilt, but it's mostly from people who didn't take the oath and feel guilt. At least I hope that.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Sometimes that guy back there wasn't there. I remember stories of my dad and his brothers talking about WII and remember one that use to piss my Uncle off, every time he brought it up. He was always mad about the mess delivery he got on the front line, he said, they always got Silver Stars for the mess delivery, but the first shell they saw land anywhere close they dumped the chow in a ditch and went back to base. Not everyone gets to see what they would do in combat but we all took that oath and meant it. My time was a bit earlier than most, at 17, 1960, Navy, Fire Control Technician on DDG 214 during Cuban Crisis. No chance at front line but did make sure the 5"ers were on target. Didn't get much time on range, but did get to do the Garand at BC. Agree the video was a bit disturbing and you can buy anything. I think the Thank You for your service is out of Viet Nam guilt, but it's mostly from people who didn't take the oath and feel guilt. At least I hope that.
    I would have gone at 17 but my mother told my Dad, NO, he can either join or get drafted (I did) but not before. Yep the M 14, shot it a few times but mostly all it did was make my arms look like Popeye from spending a couple of hours marching out to the ranges, then moving to different ranges all day, then march back, wow one heavy weapon...

Tremors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    San Antonio
    Looking at the people in the video appear like they are drugged up just enough to collect a pay check to go buy their alcohol. They also look like they are cleaned up homeless people from the Salvation Army.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Yep the M 14, shot it a few times but mostly all it did was make my arms look like Popeye from spending a couple of hours marching out to the ranges, then moving to different ranges all day, then march back, wow one heavy weapon...
    Did boot at Jackson during a very hot and humid August with the 14. Barely qualified with it, probably due to the sweat in my eyes. Only qualified sharpshooter with it, but qualified expert with the 16 when we got them.

Recoil Therapy

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    Texas
    Glad to see that so many "veterans" still support and defend the Constitution of the United States. Well atleast the parts that google, facebook and the rest of the global elites agree with... for now.

Ha. These 'vets' were probably little more than supply clerks at 29 palms for 3 years.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Don't assume combat vets are automatically pro-2A. Admiral William McRaven--a SEAL with 37 years of service and the ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command--was adamantly opposed to campus carry when he was the UT Chancellor.

Additionally, sixteen of the nation’s top retired military commanders--to include Army Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, Army Gen. Wesley Clark, Navy Admiral Eric T. Olson, Marine Brig. Gen. Stephen A. Cheney and Lt. Gen. Norman R. Seip--urged Congress to pass gun control legislation after the Las Vegas shootings late last year.
    In the military, we refer to such individuals as "Blue Falcons!" :spank:

45thumper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Azle Texas
    These oath breakers should understand the 2nd Amendment says the people should be allowed to arm themselves with the same type of weapons as the serving military. The SCOUS has ruled this twice now.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Don't assume combat vets are automatically pro-2A. Admiral William McRaven--a SEAL with 37 years of service and the ninth commander of the United States Special Operations Command--was adamantly opposed to campus carry when he was the UT Chancellor.

Additionally, sixteen of the nation’s top retired military commanders--to include Army Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal, Army Gen. Wesley Clark, Navy Admiral Eric T. Olson, Marine Brig. Gen. Stephen A. Cheney and Lt. Gen. Norman R. Seip--urged Congress to pass gun control legislation after the Las Vegas shootings late last year.
    In the military, we refer to such individuals as "Blue Falcons!" :spank:
    At these folks level, they serve in a political environment. The privaliged class always assume they will have what they want so they don't care about the rest of us.

343Gatter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2015
    But want to add unequivocally that those who have spent days, weeks, and often months in daily life threatening situations during a combat duty tour do indeed have an "understanding" and "knowledge" that damn few others will ever gain ... and thank God and those soldiers that it's so few.

Definitely man, I am not trying to diminish the work of any serving member past, present or future, I as much as anyone has appreciated the US militaries ability to provide hot food to the field thanks to everyone behind the grunts.

I was more referring to the people who have were not apart of the pointy end of the services and spruik their opinion on firearm matters as though their annual range shoot to maintain competency counts as intimiate knowledge and experience of all firearms as a whole.

I mean if an Army truck driver wants to get on national TV and tell everyone about truck safety, **** me he has the stage and the spotlight! If an Airforce Major of dentistry (I never have and never will have any idea how airforce structure works) starts a youtube channel with videos and social media campaigns about dental hygeine, that boy should be listened to!

Buuuut I don't buy what they're selling when law officers and pay clarks want to talk about firearm knowledge. Ya know what I mean?

Last edited:

bowserb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Houston, TX USA
    I always found the veteran worship in the US odd. I've never seen it anywhere else in the world to that extent.
    That is a relatively recent development, as anyone who served in Vietnam could attest. When I went back to college in 1968, I found it best to just keep quiet that I had served in Vietnam or even that I was a veteran. And btw, the average IQ was almost certainly higher back then, since everyone was eligible for the draft, and the result was that a cross section of soldiers would come close to the average for the U.S., although I have to say a lot of RA's were less than genius IQ (I was RA, too, and also a Vietnam volunteer. I wonder if I should have my IQ checked?) I bought an AR-15 a few years ago--partly to see if I could shoot it better now than I did the M-16A1 I had in Vietnam.

Top Bottom